1st Player has signed

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on Garcon he is better than Whits and Worthy , him and Stephens should work well together

Look at the :censored:e weve had over the years and this guy is Ste bloody Gerard

How do you know? We thought Whits was going to be better than Gary Mac (some saying better than Wellens after a handful of games ;-) It's like saying Micheal Ricketts, Dean Windass and whoever else was better than the player they were replacing...until they stick a Latics shirt on, we've no idea. Some players don't suit the club they go to...Jones for me is someone I'm not going to comment on...has had the odd decent game but I bet he's had some :censored:'uns too. Was told about him on Monday along with us signing a former player. Not saying who it is, but will make for fun reading on here if it happens.

Edited by boundaryblue80

How do you know? We thought Whits was going to be better than Gary Mac (some saying better than Wellens after a handful of games ;-) It's like saying Micheal Ricketts, Dean Windass and whoever else was better than the player they were replacing...until they stick a Latics shirt on, we've no idea. Some players don't suit the club they go to...Jones for me is someone I'm not going to comment on...has had the odd decent game but I bet he's had some :censored:'uns too. Was told about him on Monday along with us signing a former player. Not saying who it is, but will make for fun reading on here if it happens.

Give us a clue?

Edited by longtimeblue

Just been told he's been training with us...not been reading rumours on here so hadn't realised. It was Jarrett that I was told about...came in same text I got about Jones signing. Not sure what people will make about it if it's true...all I can say is he'll be cheap and exactly the sort we can afford. If he gets fit and has the right attitude (last chance saloon) then he'll do a job.

Just been told he's been training with us...not been reading rumours on here so hadn't realised. It was Jarrett that I was told about...came in same text I got about Jones signing. Not sure what people will make about it if it's true...all I can say is he'll be cheap and exactly the sort we can afford. If he gets fit and has the right attitude (last chance saloon) then he'll do a job.

Jarrett in hopefully.

Jarrett in hopefully.

Yeah Jarrett's been here since the first day of pre-season. We seem to be collecting midfielders again. I hope this is not at the expense of Lee or Stephens. If it's at the expense of the awful Worthington and the under-achieving Furman, well I wouldn't shed a tear. There's Purdie as well...

Yeah Jarrett's been here since the first day of pre-season. We seem to be collecting midfielders again. I hope this is not at the expense of Lee or Stephens. If it's at the expense of the awful Worthington and the under-achieving Furman, well I wouldn't shed a tear. There's Purdie as well...

:grin:

So who are we still expecting?

Andy Butler

Robbie Williams

Adebayo Akinfenwa

Jason Jarrett

...and our elusive assistant manager, I assume.

Butler is already a done deal.

Williams will be here by the end of the week.

Big Bayo will be here soon.

I don't know if we will sign Jarrett but he is training with us.

If these all happen then (1) I'll be happier about our chances next season, and (2) I'll think twice before mentally slagging off you or Royle Army (or anyone else who called these ones) for posting more rumours and speculation!

Damn, forgot Baxter. A forward line of him, Abbott and Akinfenwa, with Dickov, Brooke, Alessandra and Eaves as subs/injury cover/cup cover would do me nicely.

Sky Sports has Akinfenwa to sign for Sarfend

Why Robbie Williams with Jacobson and Black here

As for JJ we already have Worthy, Holdsworth, Stephens, Lee, Jones and Purdie

Despite all the usual doom 'n' gloomers who have already written Jones off before he's even put the shirt on (Don't worry Ritchie, you'll get used to it. Even a midfield of Scholes, Robben, Gerrard & Ozil wouldn't be good enough for some), I think it's a superb signing.

Give PD some credit, for Christ's sake; he should know a good player when he sees one. He's played with enough of 'em. Gives us the opportunity to offload Worthy & Furman, keep Lee & Stephens and use Purdie just about anywhere; he's the "fit any slot" player isn't he? Gives us options IMO and the chance to change things if it all goes tits up at any point.

Why is it some folk still purport to be "supporters" but slag off every move the club makes, no matter what that move may be?

Well done RA & Sinnott - just don't let yer lug 'oles stray too far from the ground; we need this information. Now then, Taggart? When is the fishal announcement?

Despite all the usual doom 'n' gloomers who have already written Jones off before he's even put the shirt on (Don't worry Ritchie, you'll get used to it. Even a midfield of Scholes, Robben, Gerrard & Ozil wouldn't be good enough for some), I think it's a superb signing.

Give PD some credit, for Christ's sake; he should know a good player when he sees one. He's played with enough of 'em. Gives us the opportunity to offload Worthy & Furman, keep Lee & Stephens and use Purdie just about anywhere; he's the "fit any slot" player isn't he? Gives us options IMO and the chance to change things if it all goes tits up at any point.

Why is it some folk still purport to be "supporters" but slag off every move the club makes, no matter what that move may be?

Well done RA & Sinnott - just don't let yer lug 'oles stray too far from the ground; we need this information. Now then, Taggart? When is the fishal announcement?

To be fair, I've not heard anyone slag him off yet.