FTAO Latics Media Team

Surely what Barry Owen has to say as FANS' Rep, is of interest to ALL Latics fans and not just those of us who are Latics Player subscribers, less of the 1950s Russia please let's all pull in the same direction eh! I believe the Trust want this putting up as a Free View too...

Edited by oafcprozac

Shouldn`t Barry as the fans rep be on here or the trust website issuing his statement ?

Possibly true, but he's a club Director...that statement is important to all...

It doesn't affect me as I can see it but is the interview not on freeview for all to see...you know, even the apathetic passers by of the club who may now be worried and consider pulling their socks up in their support (but not have LP)???

:disappointed:

Shouldn`t Barry as the fans rep be on here or the trust website issuing his statement ?

It doesn't look good does it? Trust Chairman moves to reassure the more affluent section of Latics fans.

Mind you, Prozac, weren't you very recently making sarcastic comments to someone who said something similar recently? Something along the lines of "you probably spend more on jazz mags [i don't think it was actually jazz mags]"? Apologies if my poor memory is attributing that comment to the wrong person.

It doesn't look good does it. Trust Chairman move to reassure the more affluent section of Latics fans.

Mind you, Prozac, weren't you very recently making sarcastic comments to someone who said something similar recently? Someone along the lines of "you probably spend more on jazz mags [i don't think it was actually jazz mags]"? Apologies if my poor memory is attributing that comment to the wrong person.

It was yes, but not Jazz mags, we're not talking about subscriptions or an interview with our 7th choice midfielder, it's an interview discussing the future of the club. That should be in the wider public domain. As I say I'm a subscriber, i've seen the interview but I think this sort of thing should be made available. and yes LP is cheap at £3.99 a month and less per day I reckon than buying your daily tabloid (that's what I said..) :wink:

Edited by oafcprozac

Having just seen the interview those that haven't got Latics Player aren't necessarily missing anything I believe thats particularly insighful interms of whats already been said you can sum it up as so:

- The club are looking for new investors

- Blitz is dissapointed to leave Latics with us in this state

- Has urged fans to turn up to friendlies and to games and to help the club where we can

Nethertheless it still might be best to put it out their free to view as an appeal to latics Fans to pull together.

Nethertheless it still might be best to put it out their free to view as an appeal to latics Fans to pull together.

Agree entirely, but the Trust doesn't represent the fans. We can vote the Government out but not the Trust.

Agree entirely, but the Trust doesn't represent the fans. We can vote the Government out but not the Trust.

Alec54, you state this although you, yourself applied to be a part of the trust set up and along with 63 other people who showed interest.

Only 24 of the 64 stood for election to the first board of the trust and I see that you never stood for election.

I have the names of all 64 interested persons and the 24 who made the application.

I can confirm that the video was put on this afternoon by the club in order for it to be view by fans but it was not put on by the person who normally does it.

It is for this reason that it it may have been uploads to the subscription package and not the FREEVIEW.

A request for it to be made freeview was made earlier today.

He isn't asking to give to the Trust directly I certainly don't he is asking to help the club by going to games, buying merchandise etc. If we are to attract investment we have to prove that we as supporters will back it.

Guest Scratch2000uk

I'm sure the trust are quite aware of their failings.. representing fans, and alienating them. :ranting:

Barry Owen is only popular with the other trust board members

Time for a vote of confidence???

Not much chance of that happening is there.... :huh:

what exactly was he trying to say when he kept starting asking people to dig deep but never actually saying in what way?

straight donations to the Trust or club????

He wants us all to ge down to Failsworth with our shovels and proceed to dig the new stadium's foundations.