So what's your excuse for not attending next season?

What's stopping you from attending next season?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Select your excuse

• The cost
    • The Broadway Stand Demolition
    • The smoking ban
    • Boredom (same teams year in year out)
    • We're shite!
    • Mates have stopped going
    • Other commitments
    • I'm going to Eastlands £££££££
    • Poor facilities/Catering
    • Lack of Atmosphere
    • Unimaginative Management Team
    • Another Reason - Please Post what
    • Rolling excuse that changes week to week but I reserve the right to criticise anything and everything about the club
    • We're DOOMED!!!!! DOOMED I TELLS YER!!!!!!!!

Apologies to the Exiles and those that have fallen on hard times. You are exempt from this poll as i'm sure you do your bit whenever you can.

Not meant to be deadly serious or to burn non-attendees at the stake but might be useful to get some genuine consensus WHY people have stopped coming and there's a fair few on here that fall into that category of which I was one towards the back end of last season when I refused to go to the Gillingham game as I was that pissed off with Penney and the whole atmosphere around the club especially when I was wondering why the hell I should bother when only 2800 turned up 4 days earlier v Brentford.

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies to the Exiles and those that have fallen on hard times. You are exempt from this poll as i'm sure you do your bit whenever you can.

Not meant to be deadly serious or to burn non-attendees at the stake but might be useful to get some genuine consensus WHY people have stopped coming and there's a fair few on here that fall into that category.

A lot of times last season I didnt attend matches, despite having a ST, because I just couldn't be arsed.

A lot of times last season I didnt attend matches, despite having a ST, because I just couldn't be arsed.

I missed one game despite having a season ticket, I was that pissed off BUT if you've bought your ST you've shown your commitment imo. BUT the main point i'm trying to get across is that we've come to a crossroads. Do we settle for the apathy that's killing the club OR do we out our grievances behind us and work for a common good? i.e the survival of OAFC?

I missed one game despite having a season ticket, I was that pissed off BUT if you've bought your ST you've shown your commitment imo. BUT the main point i'm trying to get across is that we've come to a crossroads. Do we settle for the apathy that's killing the club OR do we out our grievances behind us and work for a common good? i.e the survival of OAFC?

We'll survive anyway. If Stockport haven't gone to the wall, then no League team will.

There are season ticket holders that do this too ya know. Annoying.

True, everyone's entitled to an opinion. But surely we need to move away from the stereotypical Oldhamers attitude of criticising anyone and everything? It's killing the club and the fanbase imo.

We'll survive anyway. If Stockport haven't gone to the wall, then no League team will.

Tell that to Aldershot in '92

Maidstone United

Newport County

Wimbledon

Telford United

etc, etc...... never say never oh and Oldham Bears....

I do still go to about half the home games per season but the main things that put me off

1. The lack of the broadway stand (dont like sitting in any of the other three stands)

2. The defensive/:censored:e football of last season (I wouldnt mind that much losing as long as we went out fighting and going at the other teams)

Tell that to Aldershot in '92

Maidstone United

Newport County

Wimbledon

Telford United

etc, etc...... never say never oh and Oldham Bears....

Exactly - how long ago was that?

Will never happen in the current game.

And if it does, I'll probably not be too fussed about it either.

True, everyone's entitled to an opinion. But surely we need to move away from the stereotypical Oldhamers attitude of criticising anyone and everything? It's killing the club and the fanbase imo.

How can people expressing their opinion on how things are done/ run/ played or whatever be killing the club? If it were to be done right 1st time round there would be no cause for concern about people's opinions.

Improve the atmosphere at the ground. There is one but it's just nasty. I'd like to hear fans that do go actually support the team rather than moan and argue at the first opportunity.

If that was to happen then I'd be back every week. I'll see what pre-season and the start brings. I really hope things are going to improve.

Exactly - how long ago was that?

Will never happen in the current game.

And if it does, I'll probably not be too fussed about it either.

Im picking and choosing because I refuse to buy into this Oldham till I die however :censored: we are.

I attend because I hope for OAFC success and also to be entertained. I wouldnt turn up to the pictures and keep watching the same :censored: film every week, because I felt sorry for the owners of the Odeon.

I enjoy away matches for the banter and the better atmosphere (and also Im usually bladdered before Kick off and ignore the :censored:e on display), whereas Boundary Park has become more of a chore to turn up to because I actually have to sit with a bunch of kids singing "come in a taxi" or some other kind of crap and also focus on how crap the football has been. I gave my ST away last year with 6/7 games to go, and Im not buying one this year.

If Im proved wrong this year and the entertainment value goes up, then the club will make more money out of me than selling a ST to me because Ill attend every game pay on the day. If not I would have been justified in not buying a ticket.

Im picking and choosing because I refuse to buy into this Oldham till I die however :censored: we are.

I attend because I hope for OAFC success and also to be entertained. I wouldnt turn up to the pictures and keep watching the same :censored: film every week, because I felt sorry for the owners of the Odeon.

I enjoy away matches for the banter and the better atmosphere (and also Im usually bladdered before Kick off and ignore the :censored:e on display), whereas Boundary Park has become more of a chore to turn up to because I actually have to sit with a bunch of kids singing "come in a taxi" or some other kind of crap and also focus on how crap the football has been. I gave my ST away last year with 6/7 games to go, and Im not buying one this year.

If Im proved wrong this year and the entertainment value goes up, then the club will make more money out of me than selling a ST to me because Ill attend every game pay on the day. If not I would have been justified in not buying a ticket.

I didn't think you were allowed to drink due to the medication you take to clear your herpes?

And Yeah, cheers for that.

Fair enough - but what people need to understand is because we haven't got the investment from a Mr Moneybags, the only way the club will progress is by people attending. We aren't the only team who play :censored: . End of the day it's all about all comitted to the cause you are.

Saturday local amateur football is my commitment again this year and I will get to what Latics games I can - ala postponed games, free weeks etc.

As soon as this commitment ends I shall be back to BP every week again no doubt.

Getting it in before i'm too old to do it.

BTW it's a reason - not an excuse.

Edited by futchers briefs

How can people expressing their opinion on how things are done/ run/ played or whatever be killing the club? If it were to be done right 1st time round there would be no cause for concern about people's opinions.

If it's justified I've no problem with it, and there are still issues that need addressing I agree. My point is constant sniping about the little things causes more damage imo. Now I know you're going to be there and so will Tracy and the little 'uns, the purpose of my poll is to try and find out why people are not coming anymore. :censored:e football is the same for everyone - but new season, new start.

BUT Apathy and constanst sniping by the stayaways is damaging, there's lots about the club not to like, but we're in the :censored: again now so we need to pull together imo. If people disagree that's their right....

Completely disillusioned with the whole thing.

It's boring, the grounds is a wreck, the facilities are on a par with said wrecked ground, the atmosphere is bad and at times downright nasty, the football (said in the loosest sense of the word) is shockingly poor, the players don't look like they give a toss; the fans are treated like moronic cash cows, forever being asked to dig deeper and on and on and on.

I will do a couple of home games and a couple of aways, but that'll be it for me.

Derek.

Completely disillusioned with the whole thing.

It's boring, the grounds is a wreck, the facilities are on a par with said wrecked ground, the atmosphere is bad and at times downright nasty, the football (said in the loosest sense of the word) is shockingly poor, the players don't look like they give a toss; the fans are treated like moronic cash cows, forever being asked to dig deeper and on and on and on.

I will do a couple of home games and a couple of aways, but that'll be it for me.

Derek.

Derek you lost interest when you got married, don't make excuses.