Oldham 2 Barrow 0

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did any of the trialists impress?

There are a few I would like to see more of- Vincent Company :shock: the right back, who for me looks pretty good, got forward lots of times, downside to that was we were exposed down the right for a counter attack, I'm sure someone can put a name to the face (the one with dreads in a ponytail) the goalscorer (number 11) Taylor came off after 30 mins injured! and had an icepack on his right knee/ lower thigh, run round like a headless chicken achieving the sq root of diddly squat really, Josh Ollernshaw made a good save to deny them a goal, Brooke did pretty well with a few shots on target, Kirk millar came on and was okay, usual nippy lad, Worthy (get rid in the the wifes opinion) tom Eaves- one word here! LAZY!! from the warm up at half time until 90 mins, picked up some sort of injury to his arm, how bad I don't know. Rubes was solid, Furman looked okay after his world cup tournament, Lewi Allesandra is looking good, Kelvin had a good game too,for those who went to Halifax last season their central defender I'm sure has gone up to Barrow and hassled Eaves the same as he did Brooke last year. I've missed a few off I know but its curry time and 3/4th place in the WC. :wink:

There are a few I would like to see more of- Vincent Company :shock: the right back, who for me looks pretty good, got forward lots of times, downside to that was we were exposed down the right for a counter attack, I'm sure someone can put a name to the face (the one with dreads in a ponytail) the goalscorer (number 11) Taylor came off after 30 mins injured! and had an icepack on his right knee/ lower thigh, run round like a headless chicken achieving the sq root of diddly squat really, Josh Ollernshaw made a good save to deny them a goal, Brooke did pretty well with a few shots on target, Kirk millar came on and was okay, usual nippy lad, Worthy (get rid in the the wifes opinion) tom Eaves- one word here! LAZY!! from the warm up at half time until 90 mins, picked up some sort of injury to his arm, how bad I don't know. Rubes was solid, Furman looked okay after his world cup tournament, Lewi Allesandra is looking good, Kelvin had a good game too,for those who went to Halifax last season their central defender I'm sure has gone up to Barrow and hassled Eaves the same as he did Brooke last year. I've missed a few off I know but its curry time and 3/4th place in the WC. :wink:

Would that be ex Latics centre back Paul Jones ?

Fans ready to slate a player after he got a slight bit of praise from the game when they werent even there, moronic. McGrath looked good, willing to run at players and take them on and a bit of pace on him.

As if he'll have a clue what your on about, Matt.

I'd find that offensive if it came from someone with some intelligence.

agree with a lot of that

confirmed that kompany is of any relation? He looked pretty decent didn't put a foot wrong really.

thought furman was excellent, should be a player to thrive under dickov, always going to give 100% and quality on top of that, made some good passes

didnt rate that trialist from histon much

Edited by cmr

Fans ready to slate a player after he got a slight bit of praise from the game when they werent even there, moronic. McGrath looked good, willing to run at players and take them on and a bit of pace on him.

Barrow players.

Like I said, Stalybridge in five years, alongside Eaves, Brooke, Smalley and Alessandra.

confirmed that kompany is of any relation? He looked pretty decent didn't put a foot wrong really.

thought furman was excellent, should be a player to thrive under dickov, always going to give 100% and quality on top of that, made some good passes

didnt rate that trialist from histon much

Before you cream your pants too much, Furman was excellent last pre-season and ready to thrive under Penney...........Look how that turned out.

Before you cream your pants too much, Furman was excellent last pre-season and ready to thrive under Penney...........Look how that turned out.

Yes, but he was never given a proper run in the side as penny liked to chop and change the midfield, think furman is one of the best options we have for defensive midfield. O'grady was the same and look what happened when he got games elsewhere.

if all you want to do is put down players that people are giving thier opinions on seeing them for the first time this season, have fun with that, still think youre a bit of a moron for doing it.

Yes, but he was never given a proper run in the side as penny liked to chop and change the midfield, think furman is one of the best options we have for defensive midfield. O'grady was the same and look what happened when he got games elsewhere.

There's so much wrong with this that I don't know where to begin. I'll do my best though:

Furman was a regular in the side last year, it wasn't like he was only given a handful of games to prove his worth. He played more than 3/4's of the season and, on the whole, was dog :censored:. And that was in the "Defensive midfield" role that you seem to hope he will play for us. Brilliant. *Note - Furman himself has said he doesn't like the DM role and would rather play further up the park.*

And as for O'Grady, are you taking the piss? He was :censored:. :censored: here. :censored: at Bury on loan. :censored: at Bradford on loan. He had a bit of a purple patch at Dale, but he is still a poor poor player. If we had him in our team last season, we'd have been in a much worse state than we actually were. Even the :censored:e we had such as Abbott, Brooke, Alessandra, Smalley, Eaves, even Parker were much better options. As much as I slate the Je.......Sorry, TTA, they did incredibly well to get nigh on six figures for that useless lump of :censored:.

There's so much wrong with this that I don't know where to begin. I'll do my best though:

Furman was a regular in the side last year, it wasn't like he was only given a handful of games to prove his worth. He played more than 3/4's of the season and, on the whole, was dog :censored:. And that was in the "Defensive midfield" role that you seem to hope he will play for us. Brilliant. *Note - Furman himself has said he doesn't like the DM role and would rather play further up the park.*

And as for O'Grady, are you taking the piss? He was :censored:. :censored: here. :censored: at Bury on loan. :censored: at Bradford on loan. He had a bit of a purple patch at Dale, but he is still a poor poor player. If we had him in our team last season, we'd have been in a much worse state than we actually were. Even the :censored:e we had such as Abbott, Brooke, Alessandra, Smalley, Eaves, even Parker were much better options. As much as I slate the Je.......Sorry, TTA, they did incredibly well to get nigh on six figures for that useless lump of :censored:.

you forgot to mention he was :censored: at Stockport to.