Oldham v Burnley Match/Postmatch Thread - MERGE O MATIC ACTIVE

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick update for those not here. Played well first half, Stephens was prob our best player but lee, pav, rubes and r Jones all look Sharp. Peter Jones scored and looked lively and worked hard great through ball from Stephens to set up the goal. Completely different team playing the 2nd half.

ATT: 2273

1038 from Burnley

Thats pretty bad. New manager, new regime, new signings and trialists. The first home friendly against a local Championship club who are playing a strongish team and we can only muster 1000.

I know I'm not there so it sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. But 1000 is lower than I expected.

Thats pretty bad. New manager, new regime, new signings and trialists. The first home friendly against a local Championship club who are playing a strongish team and we can only muster 1000.

I know I'm not there so it sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. But 1000 is lower than I expected.

it means absolutley nothing.

i said years ago when we played City (George Weah in the team) that I'd never go to a friendly again - like watching paint dry.

it means absolutley nothing.

i said years ago when we played City (George Weah in the team) that I'd never go to a friendly again - like watching paint dry.

I agree, in the friendly vs the lashers last year we scored in the opening couple of minutes when Parker outpaced the defence and crossed for Abbott to score. Me being a complete nob then text my brother and said this partnership of Parker and Abbott is going to score 35 goals this season. :shock:

I'm quite annoyed. I know it's only a friendly and all but I just hate throwing away leads late on. I probably shouldn't care but I just feel a frustration based on the fact that we were 10 minutes away from a positive win. :grin:

Considering by the sounds of it we held our own for most of the game against a side who are a class above us (whereas last yrs pre season we were completely outclassed by sunderland reserves and blackpool)

Cause for optimism in my opinion