Captain if Greegs isn't fit

I mentioned it on the way to the ground, just think he has been fantastic in the pre season games i've seen. He seems to be vocal too. He would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me too. The perfect foil for Stephens.

I'd still give it Gregan, and make him stand on the touchline giving out orders!

I do think we lack a leader on the pitch in the absence of Greegs, Dickov would be the ideal candidate if he wasn’t the manager.

Rebuen is a confidence player - i think its just what he needs.

Goalies never make good captains and no-one ever wins anything with one........

apart from a world cup!

casillas did with spain

was he the captain?

The reason for a centre half is cos hes in the middle with the game being played infront of him, true so is a goalie - but he never goes up for Corners / Free kicks to discuss anything with a striker.

Its all about the personality really and not just on the pitch - none of us know what they are like in training. Maybe Ruebes isn't the man for it, maybe he is.

More because noone else wanted it and he was closest!

:lol: yes I saw that too.....you want it no, how about you? no oh well Dean your next nearest...lol

Brill has been very vocal of late and "seems" (touch wood, praying to the footy gods and all...) better.

I have a feeling he is going to have a good season and if the armband gives him more confidence then give it to the man