• Dean Windass
    • Ian Marshall
    • Chaddy the Owl
    • Micky Quinn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's the greatest player I've ever seen.

I think he's better than Pele, Messi, Puskas and Corazzin combined.

I think he could easily hit sixty goals this season.

I think he could be in line for an England call up. Hell, he's that good even a Brazil call-up.

I think...

Oh.

Oh. I'm so sorry.

That's never happened to me before.

Call me?

OMFG, One good game - and a friendly at that. Every competitive game I've seen him in, he's been decidely average. He's obviously got some potential, but some peeps on here need a reality check. I can remember Lewis Alessandra getting a hatrick and taking all the plaudits after the Scunthorpe game the season before last - he's hardly been ripping up trees since. C'mon guys, sort it out.

OMFG, One good game - and a friendly at that. Every competitive game I've seen him in, he's been decidely average. He's obviously got some potential, but some peeps on here need a reality check. I can remember Lewis Alessandra getting a hatrick and taking all the plaudits after the Scunthorpe game the season before last - he's hardly been ripping up trees since. C'mon guys, sort it out.

totally agree, last season he did nothing when i saw him play, dont think he even had any shots! funny how he turns it on when the scouts are round

maybe if Shez didnt throw him on the bench after that game and shoot down his confidence maybe he would be ripping down trees!!!

OMFG, One good game - and a friendly at that.

A reaosnable sense of perspective. But he did take the goals well.

Every competitive game I've seen him in, he's been decidely average. He's obviously got some potential, but some peeps on here need a reality check.

He showed promise last season. Hopefully he's ready to deliver on that promise.

I can remember Lewis Alessandra getting a hatrick and taking all the plaudits after the Scunthorpe game the season before last - he's hardly been ripping up trees since. C'mon guys, sort it out.

Alessandra had a cracking game last night. Involved in a couple of the goals, doing all his hold up play (as he did so well playing alongside Hughes) and making it awkward for the opposition to get the ball while creating space for other players.

Shez dropped a bollock when he dropped an in form LA and replaced him with <insert names of 4 loan strikers>.

And Royle expecting him to lead the line after shipping out Hughes was asking too much at the time.

Lets see which player has the most excuses for being poor / average.

Lewis Alessandra must lead the field here after the last couple of replies - aw poor lad has no confidence - yawn!!!!!! He can either play or he can't. Before I can recognise a player as being "Good", he must have had a consistant run in the team and performed noticeably well - in a similar manner in fact to Chris Taylor the season before last. Alessandra has played no more than 4 or 5 good games for us, Eaves has played in 1 (and a friendly at that).

Under "my" criteria, Eaves and Alessandra (although lesser so the latter as he has been around for a while now) fall mainly in the "has potential" category, but still have a long long way to go to move into the "Good" or great category.

My conclusion is, if we are offered good money for either player, (or more realistically, good money for Eaves) then we should take it. Good money for a player that can't be guaranteed a regular place and has had one great match is an offer too good to be refused ......

Its neck and neck with Ormorod and Cooper I know eaves is worth £145,000,000.00 and will score 84 goals this season in just 20 starts but come on he has along was to go before he beats those to kings of the Boundary Park penalty Box

Edited by GlossopLatic