Mcgivern to walsall?

good

Not sayin it's a bad thing.

It's good the reserve players and kids are stepping up.

However, one of the main reasons PD got the job was because of his 'contacts'. I assumed that we would be gettin some decent loans in.

Not sayin it's a bad thing.

It's good the reserve players and kids are stepping up.

However, one of the main reasons PD got the job was because of his 'contacts'. I assumed that we would be gettin some decent loans in.

maybe he does not need to bring anyone in?

He's a left back aint he? I'd be happier to play one of our own kids (Blackinho) there.

After his back-end of last season, and his start to this pre-season; i'd be happy to see Black start as 1st choice LB. He's looked solid in defence and steady in possession going forward. He's had to wait for his chance; but i'd say he's deserving of it now.

After his back-end of last season, and his start to this pre-season; i'd be happy to see Black start as 1st choice LB. He's looked solid in defence and steady in possession going forward. He's had to wait for his chance; but i'd say he's deserving of it now.

I agree. Black has developed fantastically since being given his chance. Started to look very solid at the back and some good distribution/crosses. i'd rather see us develop this lad than spend money on a loanee.

Baxter has been in Aus with Everton and by reports having a stormer!! PD has mentioned loan signings wont happen whilst the start of the season suprised Walsall have won the race for McGivern with Champ clubs in for him..

Walsall have seen off competition from Crystal Palace and Oldham for the season-long loan capture of Manchester City’s Northern Ireland international Ryan McGivern.

The 20-year-old left-back, who can also play in central defence and midfield, helped City lift the FA Youth Cup in 2008.

McGivern, who was set for his Walsall debut in today’s friendly at Port Vale (3pm), becomes the third young City starlet to join the Saddlers in recent months.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2010/0.../#ixzz0vGLcjqbu