Pawel Abbott pole

Abbotts Transfer  

322 members have voted

1. 1. How Do you feel about Abbott Leaving

• Happy. Didnt rate him anyway . Prem Loan striker will be a better option
    • Not Happy. We have let last season's top scorer leave
    • Not bothered, won't make a difference. Or will wait and see. Happy to let the manager decide.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one seems to have mentioned that selling Abbott, nad using some of the wages saved to give a pay rise mighe give us a chance to lkeep EAves.

So, if selling Eaves means only a mega offer to sell, what do you think?

Surprisingly Abbott wasn't a massive earner (well similar to any other senior player). He was offered better money in Scotland but wanted to stay in England.

none of the above

not happy he's gone, not happy with the rumoured fee(s), not happy this takes away a different option upfront, but...........

....happy to give our new manager the benefit of the doubt and hopeful he proves this to be the right move for the club.

What he said; added into the mix that I really don’t think it was PD’s decision to make – so it’s not the fact that PD didn’t want him / PD decision to make; it was almost a done deal as soon as PD got the job.

Players come an go all the time; I’m well passed the point where it bothers me TBH; revolving doors these days isn’t it?

Kilkenny? Croft?

& Bruce. Those 3 (& it could possibly be argued Mark Hughes too; making it 4) made a massive difference to the playing squad when they cam in.

Oh; and Ryan Bertrand got better & better whilst he was with us; shaky start on debut and slow first few games; but in November & December he was a class player for us and It was a real shame when he left in the Jan window.

We’ve signed some good ‘uns – it’s just that Seb Hines & Miki Roque spring to mind as they’re more recent ones that were pish……..

Edited by slystallone

& Bruce. Those 3 (& it could possibly be argued Mark Hughes too; making it 4) made a massive difference to the playing squad when they cam in.

Oh; and Ryan Bertrand got better & better whilst he was with us; shaky start on debut and slow first few games; but in November & December he was a class player for us and It was a real shame when he left in the Jan window.

We’ve signed some good ‘uns – it’s just that Seb Hines & Miki Roque spring to mind as they’re more recent ones that were pish……..

It's the signings like Adebola and Ormerod that p*ss me off the most, they just can't be arsed and they just use us as a training centre instead of actually trying their best for the team. Hopefully PD won't bring any of these jokers on board.

Yep, thinking about it, Kilkenny, Croft and Bertrand are the stand-outs.

My point is, relying on an inexperienced striker - whoever they're contracted to and however good they may become - to lead our line and score goals is one hell of a gamble.

In my opinion - and it's all about opinions, I thought Pav was a class act until his operation - aftrer which he looked more and more disinterested. I think if we got some money and freed up high wages then its a decent move. His pre-season suggested that nothing much had changed from the end of last season and so far, we seem to have played ok without him.

Abbott has scored 90 goals in 186 games – Impressive

Has played 186 games out of 460 aprox league games in ten years – Not so impressive

That's actually a pretty stunning record considering that the second half of it shows that he has been injured most of the time. He must have got an awful lot of them in one or two seasons with Uddy though when he was on fire.

Abbott lasted 64 mins on Saturday and then subbed.

still not fit then? Although I will miss my eye candy he just did not fit into the new regime at BP. C'est la vie....

I too will also applaud his return for what he did last season for us.

still not fit then? Although I will miss my eye candy he just did not fit into the new regime at BP. C'est la vie....

I too will also applaud his return for what he did last season for us.

He's not had a pre-season with Feeney, Brooke, Lewis, Eaves, Dickov etc getting pitch time (only Burnley & Falkirk that Abbott appeared in)...surprised they even started him. Nailed on to score against us in a few weeks :disappointed:

Edited by boundaryblue80

He's not had a pre-season with Feeney, Brooke, Lewis, Eaves, Dickov etc getting pitch time (only Burnley & Falkirk that Abbott appeared in)...surprised they even started him. Nailed on to score against us in a few weeks :disappointed:

why because he can score against a league 2 side ?

nope just share the news there getting beat. abbott is a average league 1 striker nout special when he was here

An average League One striker is more than what we had on the pitch tonight and given that we had large spells of attacking the Scunthorpe area, but only converted one attempt, I think that shows.

Edited by PlayItLivo