Pawel Abbott pole

Abbotts Transfer  

322 members have voted

1. 1. How Do you feel about Abbott Leaving

• Happy. Didnt rate him anyway . Prem Loan striker will be a better option
    • Not Happy. We have let last season's top scorer leave
    • Not bothered, won't make a difference. Or will wait and see. Happy to let the manager decide.

How do you feel, it seems to have aroused strong feelings one way or the other

No one seems to have mentioned that selling Abbott, nad using some of the wages saved to give a pay rise mighe give us a chance to lkeep EAves.

So, if selling Eaves means only a mega offer to sell, what do you think?

Edited by singe

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you feel, it seems to have aroused strong feelings one way or the other

Not bothered in the slightest. Yes he scored 13 goals, but quite a few of them were pens (and its not as if someone else wouldnt have been able to score them). I don't think he's as good as a few people are saying on here, i think it was more a case of him standing out in a very very poor DP team by being the only person who was scoring because everyone else we had were shyte.

If PD feels it's the right decision then he's got my backing all the way. If we was good enough, he'd be staying and it's as simple as that.

If the fee is 75K then even better, a tidy profit for a player i deem to be average.

For the record, i would like a loan striker from the prem, someone with frightening pace will do.

Infact, more importantly, a quick CB will please me even more, whether its on loan or not!

OWTB

Edited by sjk2008

Scuse me Mr Mod, I am not too happy about the splitting up of my poll. I wanted a clear result. Particualarly the typical LAtics, as rumours of a Prem striker coming into to replaced

Edited by singe

none of the above

not happy he's gone, not happy with the rumoured fee(s), not happy this takes away a different option upfront, but...........

....happy to give our new manager the benefit of the doubt and hopeful he proves this to be the right move for the club.

Edited by HarryBosch

none of the above

not happy he's gone, not happy with the rumoured fee(s), not happy this takes away a different option upfront, but...........

....happy to give our new manager the benefit of the doubt and hopeful he proves this to be the right move for the club.

I know what you mean Harry, and I am in a similar position so have slightly amended the 3rd option, altohugh an coming from a different angle of thinking he has been ineffective for a while but am unsure how it will affect the team but hqappy it is Dickov's choice whatever the end result.

He got boring and lazy for the last third of the season.

I'm positive that there are a few people who know why this happened - and seeing that he's not at the club anymore, I don't know why it should matter. However, I've been told that during one of his surgery appointments there were "serious complications" and surgical issues of a "life threatening" nature.

He shouldn't have played at all.

Good luck Pawel. It didn't turn out the way any of us had hoped, anyroad - nieważne powodzenia.

EDIT: I agree it was good business in the end by Latics, though.

Not bothered in the slightest. Yes he scored 13 goals, but quite a few of them were pens (and its not as if someone else wouldnt have been able to score them). I don't think he's as good as a few people are saying on here, i think it was more a case of him standing out in a very very poor DP team by being the only person who was scoring because everyone else we had were shyte.

If PD feels it's the right decision then he's got my backing all the way. If we was good enough, he'd be staying and it's as simple as that.

If the fee is 75K then even better, a tidy profit for a player i deem to be average.

For the record, i would like a loan striker from the prem, someone with frightening pace will do.

Infact, more importantly, a quick CB will please me even more, whether its on loan or not!

OWTB

Finally someone that speaks sense about abbott!

Selling our best striker for 20k and replacing him with an unproven youngster does not constitute good business.

You really should take heed of Stirling Moss' adverts.... PLenty of bold statements, not one based on fact. Just a teeny it over emotional.

You don't know who is coming in, other than a Prem striker.

tHe way you are writing, it's like we have sold Andy Ritchie, Roger Palmer and Neil REdfern for £2.50 and replaced them with Allan Smart.

Selling our best striker for 20k and replacing him with an unproven youngster does not constitute good business.

how do know it was 20k and as far as replacing him with an unproven youngster thats bull:censored:,the youngster has been scoring goals for the res and the academy since he has been at the club,if everybody took your stance on the youth then people like rooney etc would never had got the chance to show the world what they could do :ranting:

how do know it was 20k and as far as replacing him with an unproven youngster thats bull:censored:,the youngster has been scoring goals for the res and the academy since he has been at the club,if everybody took your stance on the youth then people like rooney etc would never had got the chance to show the world what they could do :ranting:

I'm not referring to Eaves, he'll be off himself in the next week.

I'm referring to this Premiership youngster we're suppose to be getting, or Dean Kelly.

I'm positive that there are a few people who know why this happened - and seeing that he's not at the club anymore, I don't know why it should matter. However, I've been told that during one of his surgery appointments there were "serious complications" and surgical issues of a "life threatening" nature.

He shouldn't have played at all.

Good luck Pawel. It didn't turn out the way any of us had hoped, anyroad - nieważne powodzenia.

EDIT: I agree it was good business in the end by Latics, though.

Definitely.

If this premier league youngster comes in on loan and with what we already have, I don't think he will be massively missed. He'd have only gone for nothing after this season if he wanted to go.

Definitely.

If this premier league youngster comes in on loan and with what we already have, I don't think he will be massively missed. He'd have only gone for nothing after this season if he wanted to go.

Never ever ever looked fit to me always looked like he was struggling for fitness / pace, ok great touch and link up play but always on wing or too deep, would have kept him but in Dickov we trust !!!!!

Never ever ever looked fit to me always looked like he was struggling for fitness / pace, ok great touch and link up play but always on wing or too deep, would have kept him but in Dickov we trust !!!!!

did not look interested in pre-season as well

Get out of Abbott's arse. He wasnt exactly brilliant was he? Sure he was our top scorer but it wasnt hard was it, Dickov already said that it would be hard for him to get a game with the amount of strikers we have, i would expect this order if Abbott was still here ...

Eaves

Feeney

Alessandra

Brooke

Dickov

Abbott

So yeah bottom of the pile, to be fair to Dickov he's been honest with him and let him go somewhere where he would get first team football and a nice bit of profit, which will keep the club going.

I'm not referring to Eaves, he'll be off himself in the next week.

I'm referring to this Premiership youngster we're suppose to be getting, or Dean Kelly.

Just seen your fantastic signature. I don't think we "let" Porter go, as for Beckett, well he really proved to be great value for money at Hudds. Davies has certainly gone on to bigger and better things (not). As for Abbott. The only thing proven about him is that he is a journeyman with injury problems.

20k is a made up figure that is totally unofficial. i would be more inclined to listen to mr moore at rotherham who was quoted as saying he was told by latics that charlton had offered 75k. seen as he was actually trying to sign abbott and got put off by the fee i would think it is quite a good source to go with

p.s. even if 20k is accurate still good business. wouldnt have featured often under dickov

I'm personally sorry to see Pav go because he was a quality player at this level. However, the fact remains that we struggled for goals throughout last season. It shows that good players don't always fit into every system. I don't think he had the right players around him to benefit from what he was doing. Yes he did try the odd unnecessary flick but what he did best was hold the ball up and usually find a blue shirt, something most of our players failed miserably at in 09/10.

I'm happy to trust PD's decision but I will stand up and applaud Pav when he returns to Boundary Park with Charlton.