Two French Black Cats

Not necessarily Sunderland, but it opens the way for someone to make an offer too good to refuse. With Feeney, Tounkara, Brooke (when fit again) plus Bembo-Leta to develop, Jarrett can play up front as back-up and even Smalley in the wings, we may not miss Big Tom too much.

Abbott - most likely top scorer - sold

Feeney - decent signing but I'm not as roused by it as many seem to be

Brooke - disappointing last season and looks to out for a matter of months at least, before we've even kicked a ball

Bembo-Leta - I'll be surprised if he features much at all

Jarrett and Smalley - both flatter to deceive and neither are strikers

Alessandra - last chance saloon for him this season

Add to that the new lad from Sunderland who's a complete unknown quantity, I'm not sure our options up front are quite so rosy and I suspect Dickov will end up playing a lot more than he'd planned to.

Abbott - most likely top scorer - sold

Feeney - decent signing but I'm not as roused by it as many seem to be

Brooke - disappointing last season and looks to out for a matter of months at least, before we've even kicked a ball

Bembo-Leta - I'll be surprised if he features much at all

Jarrett and Smalley - both flatter to deceive and neither are strikers

Alessandra - last chance saloon for him this season

Add to that the new lad from Sunderland who's a complete unknown quantity, I'm not sure our options up front are quite so rosy and I suspect Dickov will end up playing a lot more than he'd planned to.

Abbott - Been shocking since return from Injury...you could say our style of play last season was built around him...wasn't successful was it?

Feeney - Don't know if he has still got it but scored against Rangers last season..was wanted by not just us.

Brooke - Looked very promising this season....sod last season where he still managed to score. Unlucky to be injured.

Bembo-Leta - Too young to pass judgement but wont be shocking.

Jarrett - Only going to play centre half.

Smalley - Ruined under Penney, will be happier now Alice is back from Injury and when he himself is back from Injury.

Alessandra - Isn't last change saloon....he was out of favour with DP and got a serious injury.....showed with a regular run of games he can play at this level and has Dickov and Taggart raving about him.

Cheer up you miserable sod!!!!!

My word you are seriously depressed? You used to be very positive on here what happened? Optimism before a ball is kicked surely we can all cry later.

There’s a difference between being depressive and someone simply dissecting the merits of the players; in a realistic and sensible way.

Dean Kelly has been missed off the list – but as in line with the rest of the list; he’s an unknown quantity. He could very well come in and do relatively well; but he could just as easily only figure for the reserves and be gone in February when his contracts up. It really is a complete unknown with him – I hope he’s an previously unearthed gem; but realism kicks in and I don’t think we have found a star in the semi-pro leagues of Ireland.

Eaves wasn’t on the list either; but he wont be here at the end of August will he??

We’re still 1 light in the forward line; for me we still need a player who’s around 25 years old; with a good slice of league experience under their belt (and some goals too) as the current list is basically inexperienced kids of 18 – 21 years old with Feeney & the aging player / manager.

It's very very early days for the Sunderland duo however, it as to be said M'voto was very shakey at Scunthorpe. Some real school boy errors which had there only been one you could forget, but they were plenty. Tounkare at Tranmere? mmmmmmmmmmmm at best.

So, do we think that Dickov needs to get buzzy in the transfer department again?

That's not gonna happen till he moves on players. I've not made my mind up on the two lads yet, though improvement is needed. I can't see BP being a hive of activity apart from the imminent departure of Eaves.

Not sure if I am buzzed yet or not by these two. Anyone buzzed or as Lags would say disbuzzed by these so far?

Judge after 10-15 games as they didnt have much game time in pre-season, and this is Tounkara's first season playing competive English football aswell, so their is stil a lot of learning for him as well.