Rob Purdie

what did he say?

He said that Penney knew he would be out for a long time when he bought him, he thanks Oldham for helping him through the bad times and his rehabilitation but he's looking to get fit and move onto another club asap.

He only planned on playing at this level for a season and Oldham were just a stepping stone, he hopes that Penney gets sorted soon and then he will team up with him asap.

As Lags said, fair play to him for his honesty!!

He said that Penney knew he would be out for a long time when he bought him, he thanks Oldham for helping him through the bad times and his rehabilitation but he's looking to get fit and move onto another club asap.

He only planned on playing at this level for a season and Oldham were just a stepping stone, he hopes that Penney gets sorted soon and then he will team up with him asap.

fair play for the honesty, guess he needs a fresh start elsewhere

Are you saying that he was already injured when he was bought? I thought he was injured during his first training session for Latics.

fair play for the honesty, guess he needs a fresh start elsewhere

:ohno:

Are you saying that he was already injured when he was bought? I thought he was injured during his first training session for Latics.

:hooked:

He's winding people up. :wink:

Gave a good interview on Latics player. Fair play to the lad very honest.

Yeah, good interview.

I'd like to see him get fit and force his way into Dickov's plans.

By all accounts he was very well regarded at Darlington, there could still be a future for him at Latics.

Yeah, good interview.

I'd like to see him get fit and force his way into Dickov's plans.

By all accounts he was very well regarded at Darlington, there could still be a future for him at Latics.

if no one signs him then maybe he can force his way in to the squad, hope he gets a chance here if not good luck to him

He pulled up with an injury in the first training session and then admitted he had been carrying it for about three months. We never gave him a medical.

He pulled up with an injury in the first training session and then admitted he had been carrying it for about three months. We never gave him a medical.

I can't comment on the lack of a medical, but in his interview Purdie does say that he's been injured for 15 months.

Considering we didn't start pre-season training until mid-June 2009, it would appear the injury was present when we signed him on 22 May 2009.

I can't comment on the lack of a medical, but in his interview Purdie does say that he's been injured for 15 months.

Considering we didn't start pre-season training until mid-June 2009, it would appear the injury was present when we signed him on 22 May 2009.

Or maybe as a typcal footballer, he just can't count? :grin: