Paul Dickov & 14 season tickets sold interview

The only surprising thing in that article is that it's in the Daily HateMail and I didn't want to punch my screen at the end of it!

+1

Daily Mail in making out situation is gloomier than it actually is shocker!

Good interview with Dickov though.

‘I like the fact that it’s a spit and sawdust place, I see it as a proper football club. There’s nobody thinks they’re too big — players, staff and board, they’re all working-class people. The fans are as well.

'Oldham is not wealthy as a town; it’s working class. I’ll try to give them a team the people can relate to. I want teams coming here to think, in the nicest possible way, it’ll be horrible.’

There's a similar article and interview with PD in the The Times today under the heading "Feisty Dickov eager to shine amid spit and sawdust of Oldham after lengthy period of turbulence".

This also mentions the 14 season tickets. It also quotes PD as saying, after he was offered the job ". . because I wasn't expecting the it, I thought, S***! What do I do now?"

It's quite a positive article, and concludes with "Oldham have a little gem".

No link to the website as you have to pay a subscription for the on-line Times.

I'd wage quite a lot of money that the truth of the story is that only 14 ST's had been sold when Penney was sacked...which was before the end of last season and generally before anyone had bought one. Not bad to mix in half truths though...that's a Daily Mail number one speciality!