Tranmere 1-2 Latics -- Post Game Thread

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the 2010/11 season folks. It could be a long ride, but this was a decent start.

Spot on

Similarity to the start of last season where we have played what is likely to be one of, if not the, worst side in the division.

2 differences

1. this season away, last season home

2. this season took chances

Couldn't have wished for a better start really but that's what it is a start. Long way to go and better teams ahead but you can only win and today we did.

Think I might pop down to Scunny now, but one thing's for certain it can't be as exciting as last time. Sign up Garry Mc for the night!

KTF

How did the Sunderland striker look?

I wasn't overly impressed with him but it's early days so the lad deserves a chance. He looked big and strong but a bit off the pace with the turning circle of the QE2.

Overall though I have to say it was a very positive performance. What a nice change to see us set out to attack a team from the off, rather than go with the intention of just not losing. And thank God we didn't do the "Dave Penney hold it in the corners" routine for the last 10 minutes 'cos that drives me nuts.

And i'd like to make a special mention for young Mr. Alessandra who I thought was top drawer today!!!

Well done boys, more of the same next time round please.....

great victory

who would have thought it eh, dale stephens two goals from midfield, bring on the next game, onward and upwards

DICKOVS BARMY ARMY

DICKOV IN DICKOV IN DICKOV IN DICKOV IN

MOANERS OUT MOANERS OUT MOANERS OUT MOANERS OUT MOANERS OUT MOANERS OUT

:lol: :lol:

I thought he was awfull . Slow , lazy , clumbsy. Dickov OUT!

Poor first half.

Got a little bit more involved in the minutes before he went off and should have had a penalty.

No idea what sort of pre-season he's had, but I agree he didn't look great overall.

Brill - Solid, kicking started off ok, handled backpasses ok. Initial thought was could have saved the header but need to see the replay.

Lee - Started off marking big Enoch whilst everything was punted towards him, grew into game, defended well and good going forward, Jones should have used him on the overlap more.

Hazell - Immense, won everything against big Enoch after the first 10 minutes, Cruff turns the lot, showed a lot of passion, just wish he'd lay it simple, his long passes are shocking.

Jarrett - Solid, long balls hit and miss, ok in the air, swept up well.

Black - Very solid, did well attacking, much improved from last time i saw him.

Jones - hmm....poor crosses, didnt use Lee, looked disinterested but would then go in strong in a tackle....preferred being central.

Furman - Started slowly but ran it in the 2nd half, swept up everything, passed it forwards well, tackled like a demon.

Stephens - Class...will be awesome when playing with better players which it pains me to say it he will unless we get a contract under his nose tonight.

Alessandra - Impressive, tricky, skilful, pacy, great awareness, very rarely lost the ball....didnt win the 50-50s but would Messi?

Feeney - Very intelligent, could have done with more support from Tankoure, will be a good link up player.

Tankoure - Erratic but expected, could have a stormer or a shocker and you couldnt predict, looked knackered after 30 mins but kept going. Much better chasing through balls rather than having to hold up the ball.

Kelly - reminds me of Warney, battled for everything....will start midweek i reckon.

Tranmere were shocking but plenty for us to look forward to.....