a lot to learn still

Sounded like Mvoto had a bad game on LP...Notts county will be coming to BP on a high after a good win at plymouth tonight

dont wanna get on a downer after our good performances and the fact i didnt go tonight but i was always wary of us signing mvoto from what my southend mate has said about him....clumsy and error prone - seems he was right :(

again latics of old tonight . go one up and no 2nd goal coming, therefore letting scunny claw their way back into the game eventually winning in 83 rd minute. :angry:

yep crap that.

didn't win 93 nil after all the money he's had to spend and the squad he's inherited,

Experienced manager like him coming to a successful club with a settled team and good support

Dickov out

Sounded like Mvoto had a bad game on LP...Notts county will be coming to BP on a high after a good win at plymouth tonight

Also sounded like he improved during the 1st half after a rollocking from Greegs and Taggart for letting the ball bounce a before dealing with it.

Neither goals were his fault, this time.

scunthorpe are a good side and play in a higher league than us. from what i heard we had a good game. its nothing like the old latics, last season if we scored we would of gone with ten at the back. we went for it today and tried to build on our lead.

Yet the same result <_<

It's early doors...nobody should read anything into last night (or Saturday) other than we did well against a side that had a great result on Saturday....let's get 5 or 10 games under our belts before we see any real patterns....

Edited by boundaryblue80

You should have gone to the game or should read the post match thread; it was nothing like the Latics of last season. They had effort, commitment and skill. None of that was shown last season!

exactly, we were on the edge of our seats throughout, the substitutions made sense, Brill coming up for corners, each player played with their heart on their sleeve. the latics of old would of been convincingly hammered last night. THIS IS THE NEW LATICS, a new era! stop talking sh** FFS!

Anyone that did not go last night and see the excellent attacking display we put on can not comment from reports or commentary.

We were excellent - we attacked with no fear. I don't think that we are even missing a great striker - the banzai midfield is great to watch.

We play the ball on the floor with self belief and flair - the CBs did a great job after the first 5 minutes, defending with class and strength.

The fact that we didn't get a second is due to a little bit of bad luck and also Scunthorpe resorted to defending deep giving us little room to shoot.

Their goals came from a route 1 goal kick and a scuffed clearance that could have gone anywhere.

We tried to score up to the 94th minute, something that wouldn't have happened last year.

I haven't had so much fun watching an Oldham team or felt so excited about the next match in an absolute age.

dont wanna get on a downer after our good performances and the fact i didnt go tonight but i was always wary of us signing mvoto from what my southend mate has said about him....clumsy and error prone - seems he was right :(

According to some Scunthorpe fans, he was thier M.O.M. On scunthorpe.mad.co.uk