Steve Claridge - Partial NSFW

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy's an idiot, I think he just makes up half the stuff he spouts! I mean, what was all that last week about the ball being in play when the ref blows the whistle?! Just nonsense!

Or, alternatively, as it is known. The rules of the game.

Personally, I think he's one of the best pundits out there.

NB. Oops. Well, rules-ish.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

The whole show is second rate. Top two clash and hardly a mention. Fawning over Posh, Barry Fry....who he once lost £3500 to on way to a game!!! WTF. Carlisle "wont be far off" ..... utter garbage.

AS for "When I managed Weymouth" hes a Southern biased BIG club idiot of the highest order. His gambling well publicised, downright muppet. Played 1000+ games maybe but still an idiot who cant even get a hair cut nearly right.

Meh. Pundits are often each to their own, but I'd say calling Claridge a 'BIG club idiot' is as wide as the mark as you can get. See the Grauniad reports on lower division players (Eardley for instance) he used to do. Obviously the bigger clubs will get more airtime on the telly, otherwise its ratings would go through the floor quicker than a Stockport fan.

As for the gambling and his hair cut, well, let he without sin, etc.

otherwise its ratings would go through the floor quicker than a Stockport fan.

You've been coming out with some corkers of late!

County are going out of the league unless something happens before the end of August. Little sign of investment from the new owners.

Edited by opinions4u

Steve Claridge is without doubt the most useless pundit on television. Almost every other thing he says is utter tosh and he struggles to string comprehensible sentences together. I'd rather Leroy Rosenior was on every week, and he's not much cop either.

I emailed this to Lizzie at the BBC but she didn't read it out for some reason

Steve Claridge is without doubt the most useless pundit on television. Almost every other thing he says is utter tosh and he struggles to string comprehensible sentences together. I'd rather Leroy Rosenior was on every week, and he's not much cop either.

I emailed this to Lizzie at the BBC but she didn't read it out for some reason

+1. With Crooks and Mark Bright joint second.

At the next Euro qualifiers they should have a panel of -

McCarthy , Ian Holloway and Fred Eyre from GMR .

Now that wold be more entertaining than any match !!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

The budget at GMR must be tiny - Alan Gowling, Fred Eyre and someone called Rowley at Wigan last night. Plus Jack "arse" Dearden!

The whole show is terrible, it doesn't need all 3 presenters, doesn't need any really, just show the goals.

Don't know why they read fan's emails out either, all they read are the ones that say "manager X should go" or "team X be promoted this season" which don't add anything to anything else.

We're discussing worst pundits and nobody has mentioned Jim Beglin. Everything he says is complete bollocks, the sooner he has a terrible accident and loses the ability to talk the better

I'm so glad that someone agrees with me.

He is without doubt the worst, but for some others with a similar pedigree, pick at random any member of the ITV football coverage team.

The whole show is terrible, it doesn't need all 3 presenters, doesn't need any really, just show the goals.

Don't know why they read fan's emails out either, all they read are the ones that say "manager X should go" or "team X be promoted this season" which don't add anything to anything else.

All they need is a decent anchor (Manish is terrible, always stuttering and looking at the wrong camera) then they could show more of the action: more missed chances, replays of some goals, maybe more soundbites from the managers.

Or alternatively they could have three shows on simultaneously all accessible via the red button. You could press red and choose whether to watch the Championship, League One or League Two show. If you wanted to watch the other goals you could get them on iPlayer later on. That way fans would be happier with their clubs' share of the airtime & each show could have a studio guest that is relevant to that league, such as a manager or former/experienced player.

There we are, problem solved. The BBC would be a million times better if I worked there. :wink: