Steve Claridge - Partial NSFW

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie "Me & my mates" Redknapp is a complete tool!

He does my head in no end. He is so bias. A few years ago Liverpool hammered United but lost 1-0 at Anfield. During the game a lovely cross was floated in to the back post where the oncoming 6ft 7inch Peter Crouch was running in unchallenged. As he came in, he elected to volley the ball, which was a good 6ft 8inch in the air. Needless to say he missed and Liverpool lost the match after a late John O'Shea goal. After the match Keys asked Redknapp why Crouch didn't head it. Here is what he said:

"Well I know Crouchy really well and if you know him like I do, you know he'd much prefer to volley that than head it and for him he was better of attempting the volley"

PARDON?

He missed Redknapp you prat! All he had to do was jump 2 inches and head the ball downwards. It wasn't hard and is a very basic football skill that most people learn at a young age (apart from Lomax). Worst pundit ever!

Closely followed by Shearer, Big Ron The Racist, Andy Grey, Random Crooks, Kev Keegan, Adebayor (World Cup worst pundit by far), Gazza (remember he was a pundit for the 2002 WC I think. Truly shocking), Beagrie.

Best: Alan Smith, Turnip Taylor, Venables, Hoddle, Rudd Gullit.

He talks endless nonsense, and always tries to chuck a big word in there (which he'll repeat at least three times throughout his stint) to appear knowledgeable, when he's actually a complete gob:censored:e.

Isn't that what we do?

And don't know if he counts as a pundit, probably doesn't, but I like Gab Marcotti.

I was laughing at Robbie Savage arguing with callers on Five Live while I was on the coach home on Sat, he was furious with West Ham fans who thought it was acceptable to boo Carlton Cole and eventually got fed up and said "you don't half get some knobheads on this show"

I wouldn't mind seeing him on Match of the Day on a regular basis.

I quite like Savage - he tells it like it is and is funny with it.

On a semi-related theme, Colin Murray seems to be fitting in well as MOTD2 presenter. In the after-match interview, Joey Barton said he was relieved he could shave his tash off after scoring for Newcastle because "his Mrs had threatened to leave him". Murray's response back in the studio: "To be fair, Joey, if she hasn't left you by now, she never will do...".

Raised a smile from me, anyway..........

Best Pundits:

Martin O Neil (when hes on, which was has been rare, but he might be back soon)

Alan Smith - Talks sense

Gary Birtles. Ok, hes a co commentator - but I like the fact he just goes off on one. Sometimes he's not right - but doesn't mince his words. I just like the fact he gets so passionate for a co commenator.

Mick McCarthy was slagged to high heaven at the world cup, but I liked him.

Robbie Earle was easily ITV's best - shame he got the sack, but if you've gotta go - go with a smile.

Robbie Savage... you have found your forte.

Clarence Seedorf was an inspired choice at the world cup.

Kamara - UNBELIEVABLE!

Merson - Legend.

Barry Davies - GET BACK TO DOING FOOTBALL.

Worst Pundits / Commentators:

Andy "Tactics Truck" Townsend - Tool. Just agrees with whatever the next one says.

Jim beglin - Idiot. At least his opinions are his own though. Townsend just copies his.

Garth Crooks - Often wrong, smug and short of a slap.

Adebayor - Sorry, what did you say?

Martin Tyler - I hate him. With a passion. He's a commentator who talks about things irrelevent to the game and to a point where I've stopped listening.

Peter Drury - Looks for sentiment in absolutely everything. Annoying.

Steve Claridge - Class a plonker.

Edited by pukka

Mick McCarthy was slagged to high heaven at the world cup, but I liked him.

He's good in small doses. He's particularly entertaining when he's giving interviews and not bad on the occasions I've seen him do a bit of half time punditry etc. The problem is that when he's moaning (or sometimes just talking and in that voice, it sounds like he's moaning) for ninety minutes, it becomes unbearable.

Pundit, yes...co-commentator, no.

He's good in small doses. He's particularly entertaining when he's giving interviews and not bad on the occasions I've seen him do a bit of half time punditry etc. The problem is that when he's moaning (or sometimes just talking and in that voice, it sounds like he's moaning) for ninety minutes, it becomes unbearable.

Pundit, yes...co-commentator, no.

I'd go along with that too.

For me, Don Goodman & Gary Birtles do a very good job as co-commentators for the league games on sky. Good knowledge of the lower leagues & players; and don't slip into the patronising 'oh that was too bad for a league 1 player' mould that many fall into.

Pundit wise; I really liked Gavin Peacock; its a shame he went off to do his missionary work as he was the best on BBC for me. Dixon I quite like too. I also quite like Graham Taylor too on the radio; balanced and knoweldgable. Alan Smith is one of the better ones for Premier League games as co-commentator. At a push; I could just about let Gareth Southgate off; he's not too bad as a half time pundit.

On my 'against a wall & shoot them' list are:

Chris Coleman

Jim Beglin

Ruud Guillit

David Pleat

Andy Walker

Craig Burley

Andy Gray & his lover Richard Keys

Edgar Davids (after his petulent ITV World Cup musings)

Adebayor (what? sorry; what? No; Manu; you've lost me there...!!)

Martin Keown

Peter Beagrie

and finally; smarked arse Adrian Chiles.

garth f :ranting: ing crooks i'm not even giving him capital letters he doesnt deserve them , I would happily slap him for anyone who wanted me too only jokin but not really i would love to just squeeze his head i,d put him rite up there with piers morgan another tit

I think there are two ways to look at football pundits/co-commentators, entertainment value and football knowledge.

I think very few of them are knowledgable and articulate but even if they aren't are good entertainment value.

The ones I like are Andy Gray, Kamara, Pleat and Taylor.

Dislike are Beglin (by far the worst), Birtles and Windass (shocking, he hasn't got a clue).

I'm sat watching Sky Sports special and Dean Windass has just been on.

Now he is bad.

I'd forgotten about him, not having Sky. Seen him maybe twice on SSN. You're right, he's ****ing terrible. Only Sky could employ a match reporter who can't speak.