Ressies Vs. Tranmere

Finished 2-0 good performance from the lads. Jacobson was MOTM by a distance, had a great game from DL, got forward and put in some cracking crosses in. Why are we selling him? Anyone watching him today is sure to be impressed. Connor Hughes came on midway through second half and looked really good, got some pace about him and scored a great goal. Smalley couldn't finish but alright apart from that. McDonald needs to improve a lot, looks too lightweight, clearances don't go anywhere, gets turned too easily. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team at the moment, he'd struggle to get in the reserves.

Fraughan looked good for Tranmere, good eye for a pass, got a good shot on him too.

Finished 2-0 good performance from the lads. Jacobson was MOTM by a distance, had a great game from DL, got forward and put in some cracking crosses in. Why are we selling him? Anyone watching him today is sure to be impressed. Connor Hughes came on midway through second half and looked really good, got some pace about him and scored a great goal. Smalley couldn't finish but alright apart from that. McDonald needs to improve a lot, looks too lightweight, clearances don't go anywhere, gets turned too easily. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team at the moment, he'd struggle to get in the reserves.

Fraughan looked good for Tranmere, good eye for a pass, got a good shot on him too.

Guessing it is due to wages. Wouldnt mind see him getting a chance on LM?

From what I have seen of him of I expect Connor Hughes to be pushing for a first team place this season, a pacy left winger with a touch of class about him.

Edited by BP1960

On the basis of his performance today, and Lewis's continued absence on the left, can we expect to see JJ in the squad on Saturday?

I think Connor Hughes is only about 16 or 17 and has not started many reserve games, but PD has said age is no barrier if they are playing well.

Guessing it is due to wages. Wouldnt mind see him getting a chance on LM?

I was saying exactly the same last season. He's got a good cross on him and a bit of pace. Would much rather have a natural left footer there.

From what I have seen of him of I expect Connor Hughes to be pushing for a first team place this season, a pacy left winger with a touch of class about him.

Can't disagree with that, he only played 20 mins today and he instantly made an impression. Started on the right wing but then switched with Purdie after his goal, their right-back had lots of problems with Hughes.

Jacobson might be ok LM he was overlapping with Purdie a lot and got into some good positions going forward and crosses dying for someone (Tounkare) to get on the end of.

Can't disagree with that, he only played 20 mins today and he instantly made an impression. Started on the right wing but then switched with Purdie after his goal, their right-back had lots of problems with Hughes.

Jacobson might be ok LM he was overlapping with Purdie a lot and got into some good positions going forward and crosses dying for someone (Tounkare) to get on the end of.

How did Kelly and Purdie play?

A 20 post thread about the Reserves on a Tuesday

Which is fantastic.

The feel good factor is slowly reurning.

There's quite a few posts about people making it on Saturday, could be the start of a steady steam if we keep the form up.

I have noticed a marked increase over the last few weeks of the number of people wearing Latics-branded merchandise as well. In public!!

A 20 post thread about the Reserves on a Tuesday

Which is fantastic.

The feel good factor is slowly reurning.

There's quite a few posts about people making it on Saturday, could be the start of a steady steam if we keep the form up.

I've got 4 extra people tagging along on Saturday including a C**y fan and a Latvian who I'm going to convert into a Latic...

I've got 4 extra people tagging along on Saturday including a C**y fan and a Latvian who I'm going to convert into a Latic...

There's a good idea.

You're not allowed in the country unless you swear allegiance to Paul Dickov.

And us OASIS boys will man the borders to stop them sneaking in through EuroTunnel and Dover.

How did Kelly and Purdie play?

Kelly played alright but neither him or Smalley did much upfront. Purdie looked very good but he's not a left winger, he'd be best in the middle, looks like he's got some ability, played some good football.