Todays Attendance

Really disappointing crowd today considering the start we have had so far.

Joint top , more entertainment in 3 games so far than the whole of last season ,

Last home game produced 3 great goals (first time in over a year !! )

Yet we can only get 4100 .

Stockport , relegated last year and now a division below us , not won a game this season but can get 200 more than us.

What do the stay away fans want ???????????????????

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do people expect when we have sold little over 2,000 season tickets ? 3,000 pay on the dayers are not just going to come back that quickly.

Some people on here have been getting far too carried away recently. About attendences, about promotion, about Dickov, about feel-good factors.....

Joint top , more entertainment in 3 games so far than the whole of last season ,

Stockport , relegated last year and now a division below us , not won a game this season but can get 200 more than us.

they want us to play like brazil hitting 5 or 6 goals a game,have players doing cross overs and generally fancy football tricks galore and never ever concede a goal or god forbid a game...

sadly in this day and age the damage has already been done,it wont matter how good we or dickov are this season,there wont be a massive influx of lapsed fans for a long long time...

the weather didnt help today,and i still say its too expensive which also has an effect...but probably more telling,is that after todays game,i doubt some will come back,hardly the same way we hammered county the last home game,plus we have a midweek game and then home again next saturday....

I´m in Majorca and our kid is in Utah so that´s 2 season ticket holders down. Think you´ll have to forgive us under the circumstances mind.

Give the boys a cheer from me on Tuesday. I´m back for Bristol Rovers so i´ll do that myself.

Oh When The Blueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss.......

they want us to play like brazil hitting 5 or 6 goals a game,have players doing cross overs and generally fancy football tricks galore and never ever concede a goal or god forbid a game...

sadly in this day and age the damage has already been done,it wont matter how good we or dickov are this season,there wont be a massive influx of lapsed fans for a long long time...

the weather didnt help today,and i still say its too expensive which also has an effect...but probably more telling,is that after todays game,i doubt some will come back,hardly the same way we hammered county the last home game,plus we have a midweek game and then home again next saturday....

All the replies above , cost , effect of last season , weather etc etc apply to Stockport as well , add to the facts that they have half the S/T holders at County and a division below but they still get more than us - WHY !!!!!!

To save our money.

Cheers.

Plus I am informed a lot less freebies this season. Which could account for fair few. However under 4200 is piss poor.

The WAGs definately seemed out in force today, although I didn't see the two guys from the pub near me who used to get tickets of Gregan.

If we keep up our position in the table the stayaways may come back. Plus we were playing Yeovil who bought 150, I can imagine Shrewbury took a few more than that to Stockport.

Is that what kept you away for so long ? Remember you not coming for a long time... but this wasn't the reason so why be so silly to suggest this is what keeping others a way ?

Edited by oafc0000

and i still say its too expensive which also has an effect...

Well you said this i what kept you away for so long so I would imagine it is a factor for other peopel...

£20 is not a lot and it cant realistically be cheaper but no doubt there are plenty of fans who can't afford it right now...

That and no doubt a lot of people just have better things to do... I had F1 and Challenge Cup final on this weekend, me and the little girl had a great day watching them and changing nappies :)

Well you said this i what kept you away for so long so I would imagine it is a factor for other peopel...

£20 is not a lot and it cant realistically be cheaper but no doubt there are plenty of fans who can't afford it right now...

That and no doubt a lot of people just have better things to do... I had F1 and Challenge Cup final on this weekend, me and the little girl had a great day watching them and changing nappies :)

your answering my posts for me now as well,lol

£20 is a lot of money if you havent got it...so to say it isnt well...thats a bit silly as well eh.

dont understand how you say realistically it cant be cheaper...obviously it can if the club chooses to do a promotion of 3 for £30,that would make it a tenner a game and a bit more interest could be generated,,

tuesday nights cup game is only a fiver,and kids free in rre.so thats cheaper.

until someone comes in and bankrolls us it will never be cheaper,£16 is about right for this division...but thats another debate...

and of course people have other things to do,latics isnt the be all and end all of everything is it...

your answering my posts for me now as well,lol

£20 is a lot of money if you havent got it...so to say it isnt well...thats a bit silly as well eh.

Not that a said as part of my post that a lot of people can not afford it...

dont understand how you say realistically it cant be cheaper...obviously it can if the club chooses to do a promotion of 3 for £30,that would make it a tenner a game and a bit more interest could be generated,,

See Corneys comments regarding entrance fee... We could charge £10... It would result in us being League Two or worse...

tuesday nights cup game is only a fiver,and kids free in rre.so thats cheaper.

I was talking about League One Football...

until someone comes in and bankrolls us it will never be cheaper,£16 is about right for this division...but thats another debate...

and of course people have other things to do,latics isnt the be all and end all of everything is it...

Yet above you question what I said... :petesake:

I just don't understand you sometimes ed :)

Did I hear right last year that some clubs include their season tickets bought / but not attended (on the day)which boosts the figures? Because I also seem to remember that Latics count the number of seats taken on the day wheras County report tickets sold (including none attending ST holders)?????

Also to be fair they played Shrewsbury......... 1 hour away who were going against their sacked manager of 2 months ago........... now if Latics were away agianst say... Crewe if Dave badPenney was in charge we would have a following there!

Not that a said as part of my post that a lot of people can not afford it...

See Corneys comments regarding entrance fee... We could charge £10... It would result in us being League Two or worse...

I was talking about League One Football...

Yet above you question what I said... :petesake:

I just don't understand you sometimes ed :)

there wouldnt be any fun if you did understand me would there.

so exactly what is the reason you wont attend this season?????

so its not even for football reasons then????

l,east most people say its down to price atmosphere or last seasons debacle....but better things to do...

My daughters swimming lessons restart in a couple of weeks... 5pm Saturday... Kind of "better" wouldn't you say :grin: Waterbabies rock :D

I went Tranmere... Was going to go first game but didn't in the end... Going on holiday for two weeks from Saturday... So doubt I will be able to go to a game till Christmas even if I wanted too...