Todays Attendance

My daughters swimming lessons restart in a couple of weeks... 5pm Saturday... Kind of "better" wouldn't you say :grin: Waterbabies rock :D

I went Tranmere... Was going to go first game but didn't in the end... Going on holiday for two weeks from Saturday... So doubt I will be able to go to a game till Christmas even if I wanted too...

thats fair enough,least your honest...just hope you dont have a go at the club or the fans then if it gets a bit down again....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because if you cant be arsed attending or contributing anything towards the club you dont deserve the right to....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't stop you when you stopped coming :)

Two faced :)

When did I say I couldn't be arsed ? when did I say I didn't contribute ? Surely my posts on here alone is paying at least two players wages :)

Edited by oafc0000

sarcasm !

Pitty when fans wont come to games when we are playing well. 4100 this week means the club will have to sell players to make up the short fall.

Save your money, weaken the club. :applause1:

Yeah but he can now buy that new garden set he has had his eye on...

sarcasm !

Pitty when fans wont come to games when we are playing well. 4100 this week means the club will have to sell players to make up the short fall.

Save your money, weaken the club. :applause1:

Don't be so ridiculous, like someone has already said if we had played Yeovil 5 months ago the attendance would have likely to have been 500 less.

Incidentally has anyone looked up how many we got against Yeovil on a Saturday in October last year, 4208, incidentally we were in 7th after 10 games, so position in the table doesn't quite wash.

It’s depressing, but I think we now have to accept that we just don’t have the support anymore.

No one seems interested in initiatives that the club have offered on tickets and even when the team is playing well, these “stayaways” don’t seem to want to come back. I don’t blame the club for not wanting to drop the entrance fee – apart from when it’s free or £2, when has there been evidence that potential fans have been willing to meet the club halfway and turn up with these initiatives?

This “there are many factors why I don’t go” excuse doesn’t hold much water. It’s a football team, so surely you want to be there to see the team playing well? If good football doesn’t bring you back, then I think there’s probably no way of getting you back now and those that are still actively supporting the club should stop worrying about trying to keep you happy. It seems you’re trying too hard to find reasons not to come.

yep we have just lost the support, some have just become premier league/ scorecentre followers and alot make excuses for not turning out, always makes me laugh when the weather is blamed for a poor crowd, its oldham not adelaide, poor weather is to be expected! if people cared enough about the club theyd be there, think the attendance figures just show people dont care enough any more

That is fine, save your money and miss the best football in almost 2 years.

That hoof, hoof and hoof was better than the last two years...nah, sorry, just not true. Just a different manager and a honeymoon period that was different...

As for what they want...they want to spend £20 in the pub and not on Latics. We're not the priority...I'd say fair enough but I can't...I'd rather not have the beer and go watch and people would say that's my choice. Which is the same choice I take as wanting the club to survive and prosper....sadly, I'm not like the majority who clearly aren't bothered if we do that (except the odd gesture or comment to the effect that they do)

Edited by boundaryblue80

yep we have just lost the support, some have just become premier league/ scorecentre followers and alot make excuses for not turning out, always makes me laugh when the weather is blamed for a poor crowd, its oldham not adelaide, poor weather is to be expected! if people cared enough about the club theyd be there, think the attendance figures just show people dont care enough any more

We've stagnated and been in decline for over 15 years and the entertainment on show has generally been bloody awful......the floating supporter can watch a premier league/cup/European or championship game nearly every day of the week without moving from his armchair.The fact we've done absolutely nothing and played in the same division during those 15 years has had a massive affect on our support base.

Like Dickov says it is up to the players to reignite the interest in the supporters and unfortunately 3 decent games at the begining of a season will not be nearly enough to entice them back. It will be a slow process and our form will have to be pretty consistent until Christmas when a good cup run would bring help to the cause. Remember, during the Joe Royle era it was a cup run that sparked the interest in the late eighties and enabled us to make a sustained bid for promotion the following season.

People have got used to not coming to BP and it's hardly a welcoming place these days....it will take more than a few weeks of decent football to halt a 15 year run of decline. I have been in the main stand for the first couple of games and the facilities are really quite shocking for the 21st century...to say it's a depressing experience for a casual supporter is an understatement!!!

We need that new stadium to happen by the end of next season, regardless of location, and if we get it we will have half a chance to bring the good times back to the club. If it doesn't happen by then, we may well survive for a few more years but I fear the end for this club as we know it will be just around the corner.

Did I hear right last year that some clubs include their season tickets bought / but not attended (on the day)which boosts the figures? Because I also seem to remember that Latics count the number of seats taken on the day wheras County report tickets sold (including none attending ST holders)?????

Also to be fair they played Shrewsbury......... 1 hour away who were going against their sacked manager of 2 months ago........... now if Latics were away agianst say... Crewe if Dave badPenney was in charge we would have a following there!

to be honest,i love my club,but i cant get excited about home games.give me away games anyday.better day out and fans who actually get behind the team from start to finish.

do plymouth, give the same excuses for bad attendances" not enough away fans! wake up...... we are kidding ourselves, this club is going know where on that pathetic support..... :disappointed:

BH weekend - bad weather - Yeovil at home - three games in a week - reasons enough.

If we keep playing well and continue at the top then slowly a few more will come back - let's deliver on the pitch first and then see :unsure:

to be honest,i love my club,but i cant get excited about home games.give me away games anyday.better day out and fans who actually get behind the team from start to finish.

That's a bit like a divorced parent loving taking their kid on holidays, to trips out and stuff like that, but not paying any maintenance. Latics get nothing from your trips to away games, so your love doesn't improve the club financially in any way. The club needs support that also includes paying into the costs of providing the team you watch.

That's a bit like a divorced parent loving taking their kid on holidays, to trips out and stuff like that, but not paying any maintenance. Latics get nothing from your trips to away games, so your love doesn't improve the club financially in any way. The club needs support that also includes paying into the costs of providing the team you watch.

It's completely different. On so many levels.

People have got used to not coming to BP and it's hardly a welcoming place these days....it will take more than a few weeks of decent football to halt a 15 year run of decline. I have been in the main stand for the first couple of games and the facilities are really quite shocking for the 21st century...to say it's a depressing experience for a casual supporter is an understatement!!!

There's pretty much nothing we can do about the facilities in the ground at the moment. If people are using the facilities at the ground as a reason not to come at the moment, then I say forget about them for the time being.

The club are doing all they can to move to a new ground but until that happens, we'll have to make do with what we've got.