Todays Attendance

BH weekend - bad weather - Yeovil at home - three games in a week - reasons enough.

If we keep playing well and continue at the top then slowly a few more will come back - let's deliver on the pitch first and then see :unsure:

well said.

3 home games in succession may have played its part and the weather of course

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant moneywise wont have £20 to get in because have to pay for a new clutch :disappointed:

Dont really drive to games anyway, like a cold beer before and after :grin:

A fiver on Tuesday - and pick up a ticket for Saturday while you're there. That's £23 for two games.

Go on, you can stretch to an average price of £11.50 a match!

A fiver on Tuesday - and pick up a ticket for Saturday while you're there. That's £23 for two games.

Go on, you can stretch to an average price of £11.50 a match!

Or if you have a friend who is a ST holder, then their is a voucher in the back of it that enables to ST holder to bring a friend for £5.

So thats £10 for two games?!

Whatever reasons apply I was very disappointed with the gate yesterday. Some excellent points made on this thread that make a lot of sense.

The public will ultimately determine the level of football played at Oldham in the future.

We have a changing population and the previous traditional football fan is literally dying off. The rugby are finding the same problem. We are mindful of making inroads into this problem but it is not easy.

On a more senstive nature some very strict measures have been taken with regards to complimentary tickets and free car park entry.This has affected many people, some of who post on this site who were receiving free tickets wrongly. The club is working hard to eradicate these wasted revenue streams and at least we are trying to get a level playing field for everyone.

The abuses have been recognises and I still find it annoying that those who were getting free entry present a case that they feel justified their actions. The indviduals concerned fail to see that it is a nail in the coffin of the clubs existence when they seek such indulgence. I am sure that those involved will not be posting a response.

I hope I am supported by all those fans who pay their way.

Barry

Stayaways aren't going to pay £20 to see us play Yeovil, you can't change what is. Reduce the admission to £2 and you'll still only get a couple more thousand if you're lucky.

Stayaways need to be enticed to come back for the big games, you need to look at games like Southampton at home, Sheff Wednesday, teams people hold in higher regard. You can't just assume big home attendances for those games based on the team that's visiting either, it's still £20 to see L1 football. You need to get the mix right, big team visiting + reduced admission = potential season high crowd.

Whatever reasons apply I was very disappointed with the gate yesterday. Some excellent points made on this thread that make a lot of sense.

The public will ultimately determine the level of football played at Oldham in the future.

We have a changing population and the previous traditional football fan is literally dying off. The rugby are finding the same problem. We are mindful of making inroads into this problem but it is not easy.

On a more senstive nature some very strict measures have been taken with regards to complimentary tickets and free car park entry.This has affected many people, some of who post on this site who were receiving free tickets wrongly. The club is working hard to eradicate these wasted revenue streams and at least we are trying to get a level playing field for everyone.

The abuses have been recognises and I still find it annoying that those who were getting free entry present a case that they feel justified their actions. The indviduals concerned fail to see that it is a nail in the coffin of the clubs existence when they seek such indulgence. I am sure that those involved will not be posting a response.

Barry

its great that the free loaders are being weedled out so to speak...just goes to show remove a free ticket and they wont pay,simple as

i have known plenty of people over the years who only attended games because they either got comps or worked the carpark or were stewards or programme sellers....

your comment of the public will ultimatelt determine the level of football i find bewildering really,so are you saying the club or its backers wont put any serious funding in the pot so to speak,becaue if thats the case you will alienate another chunk of the population who do attend....people wont come back until we either get promoted or there is something to shout about on the pitch,this needs investment...at the end of the day people cant justify spending 20 quid on a game of football that is now seen as a luxury....until that is addressed properly things wont change

Barry

I don't see why anyone should receive free complimentary match tickets or car park passes, either we're all in this together or we aren't

It's no good the club issuing rallying calls to the fans to support the club then fisting freeloaders with tickets etc.

At this moment in time at latics, every penny counts.

its great that the free loaders are being weedled out so to speak...just goes to show remove a free ticket and they wont pay,simple as

i have known plenty of people over the years who only attended games because they either got comps or worked the carpark or were stewards or programme sellers....

your comment of the public will ultimatelt determine the level of football i find bewildering really,so are you saying the club or its backers wont put any serious funding in the pot so to speak,becaue if thats the case you will alienate another chunk of the population who do attend....people wont come back until we either get promoted or there is something to shout about on the pitch,this needs investment...at the end of the day people cant justify spending 20 quid on a game of football that is now seen as a luxury....until that is addressed properly things wont change

It's not really that bewildering...Southampton, Sheff Weds, Leeds, Forest, Charlton etc etc in this divison will always be at the upper ends of the table. To be honest, it's true that the fans barely cover the cost of running a club, and more so a successful one that pushes the one out on wages. So essentially for us (not the clubs I name) do need backers willing to put more of their own in to have success...thing is, they will if they see potential for the fans to return due to them doing it. Sadly...we've proven that not to be the case...Under Dowie, the attendances got to the 6000+ marker yet we were right in the mix for most of the season. Under Shez, we never got to that marker set, yet we led the league in 2 different seasons under him. The free entry Grimsby game...where did they all go after that...the £2 Northampton and Brighton games (this being the straw that broke Corney's back...seen texts he's sent to other people about those 2 games!)...

Simply put...the current attendances are poor...the potential if we were ever to rekindle some sustained success...quite frankly, it's poor too! And why the 2 amigos have left amongst other reasons (including their doubts that they can make Failsworth happen, in my opinion.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

the £2 Northampton and Brighton games (this being the straw that broke Corney's back...seen texts he's sent to other people about those 2 games!)...

Strange isn' it.

I bought two season tickets on the back of those cheapo games.

Renewed them each season since.

I doubt I'd have attended more than a couple of games a season without them.

I´m in Majorca and our kid is in Utah so that´s 2 season ticket holders down. Think you´ll have to forgive us under the circumstances mind.

Give the boys a cheer from me on Tuesday. I´m back for Bristol Rovers so i´ll do that myself.

Oh When The Blueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss.......

I'm a season ticket holder in Great Yarmouth on hols so thats another down.

I'd like the season to start after the school holidays.

so are you saying the club or its backers...

What backers????? We haven't got any.

your comment of the public will ultimatelt determine the level of football i find bewildering really

Bewildering in what sense? Last season we had an average attendance of 4630, which was

- The 4th lowest in this league, above Stockport, Hartlepool and Walsall

- Bettered by five clubs in league two

And may I add, that was when Mr Blitz was still putting his hand in his pocket bankrolling us. Te only serious money we have coming into the club at the moment is ST money, and gate receipts. If we are going to merely survive in this league (let alone get out of it), then we need higher attendances and more money coming through the turnstiles.

Its all well and good saying £20 is too expensive but this is not a problem relative to Latics. In fact £276 season tickets (equivalent to £12 a game) and the £19/20 matchday admission are amongst the cheapest in the league, ahd have remained at this price for four years. They will almost certainly have to go up a bit next season, if only because of the VAT hike.

Am not disputing that £20 a game is alot of money for Oldhamers to watch their team in this financial climate, it is. But the club cannot afford to make it any cheaper if fans want to continue watching football at this level.

Strange isn' it.

I bought two season tickets on the back of those cheapo games.

Renewed them each season since.

I doubt I'd have attended more than a couple of games a season without them.

And you think you're the norm.....of course, they'll be a handful like yourself who came back after but are you telling me they were successful in their aim? That fans returned in their droves? I'd suggest if 4 or 500 did what you did, then maybe...but over 3000 more turned up for those games and disappeared again. Bar a few...

And you think you're the norm.....of course, they'll be a handful like yourself who came back after but are you telling me they were successful in their aim? That fans returned in their droves? I'd suggest if 4 or 500 did what you did, then maybe...but over 3000 more turned up for those games and disappeared again. Bar a few...

No, I don't think I'm the norm.

But I have worked in sales and marketing for long enough to know that different types of campaign attract different people, in different ways at different times. Have these campaigns delivered in a timely and co-ordinated way alongside suitable longer term propositions and you can grow your customer base and retain that growth longer term.

The problem with Latics is that they have a campaign, it doesn't retain 3,000 extra fans and they think it's failed. The half-season ticket I bought wasn't sold to me as part of the two cheap matches. I stumbled across it when it was a news story on the web site for half a day. To be honest, they really should have been ramming them in the faces of the fickle freeloaders when they had extra people in the ground.

Intresting read.

Here is the problem as I see it; After doing a little research that took me no more than 10 minuets, I've found the matchday prices for all the club in Oldham's "catchment area". All prices are the cheapest available.

Manchester United

Adult ticket: £27

Child ticket: £13.50

This is reduced by £5 for adults if you are a member which cost £30 for the year and £27 for renewal. On top of that you also get free entry to reserve games and 10% off in the shop amongst other things.

With Membership.

Adult ticket: £22

Child ticket: £10

Manchester City

Adult ticket: £30

Child ticket: £10

Membership is free and gets you priority over the general public.

Rochdale F.C

Adult ticket: £18

Child ticket: £12

Bury F.C

Adult ticket: £17

Child ticket: £12

Stockport County

Adult ticket: £16

Child ticket: £3

Under 7's: Free of charge

Oldham Athletic

Adult ticket: £19 (knock £2 off if you pay before the day)

Child ticket: £11 (knock £2 off if you pay before the day)

Students/Military: £10/£12

So by my reckoning we are the most expensive lower league club. Add to that for just another £10 you can go and see the revoloution at Manchster City or for a one of £30 outlay for the season you can then go and see the most successful Premier League side on a regular basis for again for just £10 more (all this based on 1 adult and 1 child).

Maybe Latics need to re-think their ticketing prices?

At the end of the day it's divisoin 3 football whether we like it or not. Do we still have memberships? I'm guessing we don't. We should look at schemes like that to encourage fans who can't make every game. For a £20 fee you get a membership that will let you in for £15 a game and gets you 10% off in the club shop.

What happened to Junior Latics? I was a member of that back in the day and it was excellent. Maybe set up some sort of Club Latics. Maybe say £15 to join and then it's only £5 a game, you get a goody bag when you join up and the chance to be a mascot during the season (keep the kit, photos, meet the players etc).

Give season ticket holders vouchers that can be reedemed against opposition such as Yeovil where a low crowd may be expected. That way they can bring somebody who might no usually be there. If it was me, I'd probably sell it for 10 quid to a mate who otherwise wouldn't go. That way you get another person in the ground who is likely to buy something: pie, chips, beer, programme etc....

Doing offers like 3 in a row just isn't fessable for a lot of people. The deal that was advertised for Yeovil, Shrewsbury and Bristol Rovers is okay if you can gurantee you can get to all 3 games. How many people actually can though, I'd wager it wouldn't be many who are not already season ticket holders.