team for tuesday

so feeneys missing again tuesday and saturday...think hes played more for ireland than us this season...

so what team should dickov use this week....

i personally would like to see dean kelly given a game,maybe tuesday in the cup match to see how he does,looks lively and could do something different.

also like to see smalley used as an out n out winger instead of taylor,he has more pace and looks a bit hungrier for it....

thoughts???

I'd try to keep the team relatively settled.

I'd keep Taylor in the starting lineup - because he needs to get back to match fitness and this sort of game is ideal for that.

I'd probably replace Feeney with Bembo ... although your point about Kelly is a valid one, so wouldn't lose sleep over that.

I'd probably bring Jarrett back in to defence.

Millar in for Jones might be an option to consider for this game, but I want to see us go out and win the competition, not fanny about with squad rotation, especially if Dickov's comments about the players being disappointed with Saturday hold truth - let them put that right on Tuesday.

I'd try to keep the team relatively settled.

I'd keep Taylor in the starting lineup - because he needs to get back to match fitness and this sort of game is ideal for that.

I'd probably replace Feeney with Bembo ... although your point about Kelly is a valid one, so wouldn't lose sleep over that.

I'd probably bring Jarrett back in to defence.

Millar in for Jones might be an option to consider for this game, but I want to see us go out and win the competition, not fanny about with squad rotation, especially if Dickov's comments about the players being disappointed with Saturday hold truth - let them put that right on Tuesday.

Time to give Jacobson and Purdie a chance. Another game for Taylor plus Kelly to start - these guys need games.

it's a bit of a strange one this ....

on one hand i think that the paint trophy is our only realistic chance of getting to Wembley so we should go for it, using our strongest team!

on the other hand, it seemed blatantly obvious who were the new boys in the team yesterday! our new centre half in particular looked like a duck out of water at times, and if we need to get a good cohesion we need them ALL to know what the game plan is etc ... that would benefit us when the inevitable suspensions/injuries happen!

so .... do we go for the ALL OUT hammer them option, or do we try and mix and match like others say to give game time?

we're gonna need all hands to the pump soon enough, so i'm gonna go with option 2

so feeneys missing again tuesday and saturday...think hes played more for ireland than us this season...

so what team should dickov use this week....

i personally would like to see dean kelly given a game,maybe tuesday in the cup match to see how he does,looks lively and could do something different.

also like to see smalley used as an out n out winger instead of taylor,he has more pace and looks a bit hungrier for it....

thoughts???

It's actually Northern Ireland, the Ireland team is managed by that Italian gezzer.

Dickov has stated he will play what he thinks his is strongest team available whlst keeping faith with those in the side that have done the job asked. So if he's true to his word then Feeney needs replacing and I can see Jarrett returning in place of M'voto. So is it to be DJ or Kelly in for Feeney? probably DJ.

I expect Shrews to be a very very tough game, they have made a good start and appear to be firing.

time to give some fresh legs a go now, rest a few players, got a big game on saturday, bristol rovers, the bogey team :lol:

We could if it wasn't for the stupid rule that means you have to play most of the players who have already appeared in the league.

Poxy cup.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dickov play himself............ he may need a few games to keep some level of match fitness. Dont think he will though!

I was thinking that. He could still be a very useful player during the season but at his age he will really struggle if he hasn't played any proper football for 6 months or more.

For me we should be going all out to win this competition, its been proved in the past to be a decent springboard for promotion.

I'd keep the same team with the exception of DJ Bembo in for Feeney and Jarret back in for M'Voto, who looked like a confused sea lion on Saturday when asked to do anything except head the ball, useless.

So relatively few changes to the starting line up, but i'd keep the bench full of youngsters & give them a run out or (if we're struggling) a chance for them to show how they can change a game.