Leeds Fest

mattyg101

Anyone here go Leeds Fest? I saw a latics flag in (i think) red camping and was going to make the effort of going over on Saturday to see if you had the score but couldnt find it again.

Arcade Fire, QOTSA, GnR and Blink-182 (like being a teenager again) were all fantastic!! :lol:

Anyone here go Leeds Fest? I saw a latics flag in (i think) red camping and was going to make the effort of going over on Saturday to see if you had the score but couldnt find it again.

Arcade Fire, QOTSA, GnR and Blink-182 (like being a teenager again) were all fantastic!! :lol:

Went for the day yesterday as there was only Blink I fancied seeing out of the other two days that I hadn't seen before. Great day out!

GnR were good though nothing compared to what they was like at the MEN Arena a few years ago. If you liked them yesterday, you'll love them there when they play in October. However rather than being 'Guns N Roses' as such, I prefer to call them "Axl Rose and Friends" :)

QOTSA were good, as were Billy Talent and Hatebreed (in the lock-up tent). Trophy for the worst performance goes to Lostprophets as the sound was just dire. As for Biffy Clyro, lets just say I'm not a fan... :wink:

Yeah, he was 40 minutes late and complained that the promoters wouldnt let him finish his set after midnight. (He finished anyway) and despite his antics at the start it was unbelievable!! The Libertines were quality as well, Pete Doherty actually made it lol

If you're working there you arent going to enjoy it as much as someone there who isnt working because you have to deal with a LOT of sh*t. Sometimes literally. Blink was more a novelty than a band a particulary wanted to see but i thought they were good anyway.

Oh I know mate, but she told me about entire areas of tents, like hundreds, that had all been slashed and robbed. By the end of her shift on Sunday there were fires everywhere and people who'd had their tents, with everything in, hurled onto them.

Not even close to my idea of fun.

Oh I know mate, but she told me about entire areas of tents, like hundreds, that had all been slashed and robbed. By the end of her shift on Sunday there were fires everywhere and people who'd had their tents, with everything in, hurled onto them.

Not even close to my idea of fun.

Yeah heard similar stories about this in the past. Heard at Oxegen in Ireland however, some were setting fire to tents with people in them sleeping.

I know people who go and stay on the Tangerine Fields site, and they have no problems whatsoever. But the lineup wasn't the best this year at all.

That did kind of put a downer on the weekend i must admit. Mate of mine got £60 nicked from his tent and another got her handbag nicked whilst she was sleeping on it! (Using it as a pillow). Managed to escape the fires thankfully, it only happened on the last night so next time if i go i'll probably make arrangements to leave sunday night after the headliners.

Sounds horrific at that one in Ireland! Thats attempted/murder!!!

You've got to be :censored: stupid to leave valuables in your tent.

I expect reports of mass tent-slashing and bonfires are exaggerated.

Not a festival person myself. Did Creamfields a couple of times many years ago and Love Parade, but not a wink of sleeping and camping involved.

This is why I stopped going a few years back. Had my tent emptied one year (although found most of my stuff about 20 yards away as I'm not stupid enough to take owt worth stealing) and the last time I was there I spent the final night (and the following week) with a patch over my eye after some pleb threw the tent next to us on a fire. It's a shame as I used to love festivals but spending over £200 to spend a weekend in a field full of knobs? - No thanks.

Went to Leeds Festival camping on two ocaissions in the past and the Sunday Night was always like 1980's Beirut. They had to move it from it's original sight after getting kicked off by the landlord or something. It a young festival anyway, lots of 16 year olds who cannot handle the booze.

Glastonbury or nothing for me...

I have never been young / immature enough for Leeds / Reading

I went Glastonbury last year and thought the same. However, me and the Ackroyd went to Kendal Calling this year, and that was absolute quality. Definitely always steering well clear of Leeds though.

The Futurama Festivals of the late 70's and early 80's were always enjoyable events. Leeds, Stafford and Deeside - if memory serves. I went to all three and never encountered any problems. Some great bands - in their embryonic stages - and a fantastic atmosphere. :)