Greegs-----

From my usual reliable source.................(dont hang the usual brown sauce bottle up u idiots, I aint going to name, names)

May not play again..

Hence the French trialist (all 6' 5" of him) who was very impressive tonight.

Dont even need a source to come to this conclusion i dont think, at his age it must be hard to get back to full fitness following no action in pre-season and after the brilliant season playing what? 49 games? he is probably still knackerd

Posted on this before.

Think that we owe SG all the time he needs to give him the best shot at getting back to fitness; he’s deserved that. I’d be looking to sit down with him in December and take stock of where he’s at come that point. If it’s not looking like he’ll ever get back to the fitness levels needed to play professional football; then we should IMO be looking to re-negotiate his contract from a playing wage to a coaching wage; and get him to move into that role.

Whilst Reuben & Jarrett have looked good as a partnership at times; and M’Voto looks to be a solid enough no-frills defender; whether you like it or not; we have already & will continue to miss SG not being in the side. His presence; attitude and leadership alone cannot be replaced; let alone his playing ability.

I hope that he wins his battle to fitness; but I fear he won’t, which will be devastating really; for him & for the side.

Posted on this before.

Think that we owe SG all the time he needs to give him the best shot at getting back to fitness; he’s deserved that. I’d be looking to sit down with him in December and take stock of where he’s at come that point. If it’s not looking like he’ll ever get back to the fitness levels needed to play professional football; then we should IMO be looking to re-negotiate his contract from a playing wage to a coaching wage; and get him to move into that role.

Whilst Reuben & Jarrett have looked good as a partnership at times; and M’Voto looks to be a solid enough no-frills defender; whether you like it or not; we have already & will continue to miss SG not being in the side. His presence; attitude and leadership alone cannot be replaced; let alone his playing ability.

I hope that he wins his battle to fitness; but I fear he won’t, which will be devastating really; for him & for the side.

Really can't see a future for Gregan here if he's not playing....we are unlikely to offer him a coaching role when our assistant manager has whole career experience in the back four!!