Know what really pisses me off about England?

no matter how well we play in these qualifiers I can't get excited/interested whatsoever.

we were very good in qualifying last time and look what happened.

why oh why didn't we take Adam Johnson to the World Cup, send Terry home after he gave it the big un and undermined his mates in his press conference and feed Fat Frank to the lions on that safari trip?

no matter how well we play in these qualifiers I can't get excited/interested whatsoever.

we were very good in qualifying last time and look what happened.

why oh why didn't we take Adam Johnson to the World Cup, send Terry home after he gave it the big un and undermined his mates in his press conference and feed Fat Frank to the lions on that safari trip?

To me it would have made no difference if we had left Lampard and Terry and taken Adam.

For a start you need to replace Terry with either Gravelhead or Jagielka - neither of whom are exactly great.

Fair enough with Johnson instead of Frank. I like Johnson and have for a few years now, but it was hardly a gamechanger.

The fact is, we aren't good enough from the basic level (due to the coaching methods), so actual selection doesn't matter. The best we can hope for is a kicking :censored: out of the opposition, Dutch stylee.

Did we win ? Have we played tonight ? I honestly don't know or care. I heard we were playing this week and that's about it.

I'm a proud Englishman but can rarely be arsed watching football these days, especially International Qualifiers.

Yay, I'm sure you are glad to know we won 3-1.

Best players by 50,000,000 miles:

Ashley Cole.

Adam Johnson.

I get annoyed at how things are run, and I pretend not to give a toss every so often out of frustration - but it is nice to see us win still, even if it is a false dawn.

too be fair to the dirty cheating scumbag Terry, Capello has taken on board what he said during the world cup

players are allowed more 'free time' now during away trips which can only be good for moral

not sure about the reported ''6 bottles of cold lager'' Rooney was apparently allowed to have

too be fair to the dirty cheating scumbag Terry, Capello has taken on board what he said during the world cup

OK, so Terry cheated on his wife and lost the England captaincy because of it. In my view, and there'll always be arguments for and against, it was the wrong decision. It had nothing to do with football. He gives the armband to Gormless Gob Ferdinand, who was serving a 4 match suspension for what was rather more than foul play and we all know about his failure to turn up for his drugs test. That, I believe, was also the wrong decision because it WAS football related.

Now we have Shrek apparently having spent some time with a lady of horizontal refreshment during his wife's pregnancy. THAT is a dirty cheating scumbag, no? Capello breaks his rule of announcing to his players two hours before kick-off who's playing by confirming Rooney will start and openly states "We are focused on the game, not about the private life of the players. The players know what they have to do in their private life. But it is their private life." And defends the Terry incident by saying he played all the games, he wasn't dropped.

Double standards? Hypocritical? Trying to justify where he's gone wrong? Form your own views.

Edited by Bristolatic

Double standards? Hypocritical? Trying to justify where he's gone wrong? Form your own views.

For me, the fact that the tosser Terry cheated with a fellow teammates wife made all the difference for me. As it is, like Yard Dog, my care factor about the national team is down there somewhere inbetween tuppeny fart and flying feck.

For me, the fact that the tosser Terry cheated with a fellow teammates wife made all the difference for me. As it is, like Yard Dog, my care factor about the national team is down there somewhere inbetween tuppeny fart and flying feck.

Sorry, but JT bonked her well after she'd split with Bridge. Doesn't make it right, but she was a free agent even though he wasn't. And Rooney?

OK, so Terry cheated on his wife and lost the England captaincy because of it. In my view, and there'll always be arguments for and against, it was the wrong decision. It had nothing to do with football. He gives the armband to Gormless Gob Ferdinand, who was serving a 4 match suspension for what was rather more than foul play and we all know about his failure to turn up for his drugs test. That, I believe, was also the wrong decision because it WAS football related.

Now we have Shrek apparently having spent some time with a lady of horizontal refreshment during his wife's pregnancy. THAT is a dirty cheating scumbag, no? Capello breaks his rule of announcing to his players two hours before kick-off who's playing by confirming Rooney will start and openly states "We are focused on the game, not about the private life of the players. The players know what they have to do in their private life. But it is their private life." And defends the Terry incident by saying he played all the games, he wasn't dropped.

anybody who cheats on ther wife/girlfriend is a dirty cheating scumbag, no matter what line of work they are in, my point was is that capello listened to Terrys outburst and has given the players more 'free time' which relieves pressure - which is a good thing

Sorry, but JT bonked her well after she'd split with Bridge. Doesn't make it right, but she was a free agent even though he wasn't. And Rooney?

Oh, that's OK then. I'm sure Bridge is perfectly happy about that and his forced international retirement was purely because he doesn't like travelling. Tsk, silly me.

The two things are night and day to be honest. Terry's antics prevented another player playing for his country again (presumably because he'd be trying to knock Terry's teeth out at the first opportunity). Rooney's escapades have no knock-on to fellow players other than a bit of ribbing at the breakfast table.

I can understand where all these points come from and neither JT, WR, Rio or Stevie G are my favourite person, but you cant deny JT puts 100% in for England every time he plays. If everyone played with his passion then we may have got a little further, the fact that Rio's a crock, Lampard becomes anonymouse and Stevie G is too incosistent are the bigger factors in why we dont do very well against the bigger teams.

Regarding last night, even though the Swiss were fairly poor (I expected a lot lot better from them) I thought we played very well indeed. Shame for Theo, i think he'd have destroyed their fullback all game AJ was just as good when he came on. Milner his usual workhorse self, we have some very good wingers now, something we have missed for a number of years. Gerrard is definitely better in CM and Barry seems to be a different player when he is with him rather than Fat Frank. Jagielka hasnt put a foot wrong and A.Hole is still the best LB around.

Early signs yet, but hopefully when Rio, FF and JT come back, they wont be immediately thrown it because i like the look of this team atm.

Special mention for Defoe too who seems to be relishing the number 9 role. Hassles the defenders every time they have the ball, always alert, and looking better & better.

Oh, that's OK then. I'm sure Bridge is perfectly happy about that and his forced international retirement was purely because he doesn't like traveling. Tsk, silly me.

The two things are night and day to be honest. Terry's antics prevented another player playing for his country again (presumably because he'd be trying to knock Terry's teeth out at the first opportunity). Rooney's escapades have no knock-on to fellow players other than a bit of ribbing at the breakfast table.

Horse Crap!

The only person (and don't get me wrong, it's entirely deplorable!) Terry cheated on was his wife. Bridge and his Mrs were separated. Furthermore, in any other walk of life it would have been a non-issue. If you go to your average office in any city in England you'll probably find two people knocking boots who shouldn't be. If they're doing that with a colleague's ex and get caught you wouldn't expect that person to be fired or asked to leave the office would you? Hell no. A good lawyer would have a field day with something like that.

Do I think what Terry did was wrong? Sure. I've been cheated on and I doubt there's a worse feeling in the world aside from a bereavement.

Does what he did warrant exclusion from the team? Hell no. On the pitch (despite being gash at times) he's never given less than his all for his country.

Horse Crap!

Does what he did warrant exclusion from the team? Hell no. On the pitch (despite being gash at times) he's never given less than his all for his country.

I probably didn't make myself clear enough. Terry lost the captaincy didn't he? Not his place in the team. I don't see how there's been double standards here, it's not like Rooney is captain, or he should lose his place in the side.

I probably didn't make myself clear enough. Terry lost the captaincy didn't he? Not his place in the team. I don't see how there's been double standards here, it's not like Rooney is captain, or he should lose his place in the side.

Ah, fair enough :)

Although, I'd have left him as Captain to be honest... the alternatives were no better.

Ah, fair enough :)

Although, I'd have left him as Captain to be honest... the alternatives were no better.

It ought to be irrelevant who the captain is - it's only the kick 'n' rush British who attach any importance to this meaningless role.

As for Terry, for as long as I wish misfortune upon the 'England' team I'll hope he remains at the heart of the defence. The most over-rated of an incredibly over-rated bunch (though more and more people finally seem to be coming to their senses).

It ought to be irrelevant who the captain is - it's only the kick 'n' rush British who attach any importance to this meaningless role.

As for Terry, for as long as I wish misfortune upon the 'England' team I'll hope he remains at the heart of the defence. The most over-rated of an incredibly over-rated bunch (though more and more people finally seem to be coming to their senses).

Stiff competition for most over-rated player. I thought there'd be a clearout and a total rethink after the "misfortune" of getting our pants pulled down by the Bosch, but no such luck. I suspect were in for more such "misfortune", mainly because everything's stayed the same but we think everything's all right after two results against decidedly mediocre opponents.

I'm not quite as apathetic as some of the other posters on here about England (which is surprising as I'm British first and English a distant second). One thing that does annoy me about this current crop of international players is the remarkable recoveries they all seem to make from injury in time to play in the next PremierGreed game (I hear that Terry is about to prove my point for this weekend).

anybody who cheats on ther wife/girlfriend is a dirty cheating scumbag, no matter what line of work they are in, my point was is that capello listened to Terrys outburst and has given the players more 'free time' which relieves pressure - which is a good thing

Agree with every word of that. I wasn't defending Terry, just making a point about how different players appear to have been treated.

Oh, that's OK then. I'm sure Bridge is perfectly happy about that and his forced international retirement was purely because he doesn't like travelling. Tsk, silly me.

Nope, not OK. Far from it and wouldn't think for a minute that Bridge was happy. However, he and said girl were over, so she was free to do as she wished and he had no further claims. I accept that he would have found it difficult in JT's presence, but how many of us have ended a relationship to then find he / she is seeing someone else we know as a friend.

I just feel that Capello is treating some players differently to others. My original point was that JT was stripped of the captaincy for non footballing matters and the armband was given to RF, who was, shall we say, less than honourable in footballing matters.

Tell you what, though. If I were Mrs JT or Mrs WR, I wouldn't have ever let them within 100 yards of me again

Terry's antics prevented another player playing for his country again (presumably because he'd be trying to knock Terry's teeth out at the first opportunity).

It wasn't Terry's antics that prevented Bridge from playing for his country again, it was Bridge's. Had he been a real man, he would have realised that birds, particularly of Ms Peroncel's (sp?) type, frequently want to shag their ex-boyfriend's mates, brothers, fathers, cousins etc. and put it down to experience.

Terry's playing and attitude towards instructions from the management should prevent him from playing international football again. Not to mention his chiselling behaviour with Chelsea's training facilities.