Manchester United/City Fans

Oposition Fans  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should these fans come and watch Latics?

• Yes
    • No

Anyone who votes no is an absolute loon and clearly puts childish tribalism ahead of the financial wellbeing of the club.

Across the country there are a minority of Premiership fans who will go along to their local lower league club, whether it's as a genuine act of support or just to see some cheaper football. It should be no different with us, and I seriously don't think local rivalries should get in the way.

Anyone who votes no is an absolute loon and clearly puts childish tribalism ahead of the financial wellbeing of the club.

Across the country there are a minority of Premiership fans who will go along to their local lower league club, whether it's as a genuine act of support or just to see some cheaper football. It should be no different with us, and I seriously don't think local rivalries should get in the way.

Is it cheaper to watch us though?

£20 on a ticket, transport there + food and drink = at least £30

or you can walk to a local pub, have a few drinks and watch utd/city/ whichever prem team is on, for less than £30

For me its a stupid question...

Do we want more people coming, yes

Do we want more money in the club, yes

Would City or United fans spend a bit less to watch much worse football, no

Do we want the tribalism and concept of supporting your local team and such like to die, no

For me its all part of the big selling your soul to devil that football continues to go through if we want City and United fans to give up on there team support ours... The reverse is equally wrong... Even though it clearly has to an extent... When I was a kid I supported Oldham because it was my town / my team... Part of the reason my love is going is due to the break down of people doing this... The tribalism is something that always made it worth while... Suppose I am pathetic as Garcon says....

What I think is the people of Oldham should be supporting their football team... The people of Manchester should be supporting theres...

...and the people of Warrington should keep watching there very good rugby team :D

Edited by oafc0000

For me its a stupid question...

Do we want more people coming, yes

Do we want more money in the club, yes

Would City or United fans spend a bit less to watch much worse football, no

Do we want the tribalism and concept of supporting your local team and such like to die, no

For me its all part of the big selling your soul to devil that football continues to go through if we want City and United fans to give up on there team support ours... The reverse is equally wrong... Even though it clearly has to an extent... When I was a kid I supported Oldham because it was my town / my team... Part of the reason my love is going is due to the break down of people doing this... The tribalism is something that always made it worth while... Suppose I am pathetic as Garcon says....

What I think is the people of Oldham should be supporting their football team... The people of Manchester should be supporting theres...

...and the people of Warrington should keep watching there very good rugby team :D

who is to say they don't watch there team. I sometimes go to watch mossley but go to all oldham home and away games. To answer the question. Think its only a good thing people who support other teams watching us. Aslong as they don't wear there kits etc. Which i have seen a few times.

who is to say they don't watch there team. I sometimes go to watch mossley but go to all oldham home and away games. To answer the question. Think its only a good thing people who support other teams watching us. Aslong as they don't wear there kits etc. Which i have seen a few times.

I struggle to accept that while we are sat around talking about how we make it cheap as possible to watch Latics because Oldham people won't pay there are thousands of City and United fans who are prepared to either stop watching there team to watch ours, OR have enough money to follow there own team AND there local team...

Get real please...

Edited by oafc0000

For me the question isn't really appropriate...

In answer to the question should United and City fans come and watch Latics, I'd say "No", why should they, they support a different team. If United or City were at home and someone offered me a ticket for £20 i'd say no chance.

If the question was "How would you feel if you saw a United or City fan at Latics?" I'd say the more the merrier. I might be concerned they were insane for spending £20 for watching a team they don't support, but providing they were paying for a ticket i'm all for it.

There are thousands of United and City fans - who have every right to call themselves fans - who don't regularly go to matches at Eastlands or Old Trafford but might, for various reasons, decide to go and watch a match at Boundary Park.

And I am sure there are many who are ST holders at either Eastlands or OT who may also consider other local games - including ours - on days when their team isn't playing. Let's face it, United and City fans are frequently at a loose end at 3pm on a Saturday.

Nothing wrong with any of that, and I don't see how it dilutes the tribalism of football fandom.

As for me - the next football match I go to is more likely to be at Altrincham, Northwich or Old Trafford than BP. Maybe even Wilmslow Albion.

I struggle to accept that while we are sat around talking about how we make it cheap as possible to watch Latics because Oldham people won't pay there are thousands of City and United fans who are prepared to either stop watching there team to watch ours, OR have enough money to follow there own team AND there local team...

Get real please...

When did i say thousands of united and city fans watch our team? Plus we are only getting 4,000 crowds at the moment. I am saying that some of the united and city might also go to watch there club aswell. If they don't go to watch there team. I would much prefer they were watching latics than not.

no offence but can say the same for you now..

You can but it would be hard to say I was never really that great of a fan given all the years I came to every game...

Where as a lot of these "United fans" that sometimes turn up at Latics tend to have never been to Old Trafford, maybe once....

I think there is a difference... You wouldn't see me turing up for another club regularly, if I am going to a match I am going to latics...

On a personal note I think my reluctance to come has more to do with the direction of football in general rather than anything going on at Latics....

Edited by oafc0000

TBH, i don't care what they wear as long as they pay their £20 and behave in a civilised manner!

Definately Ive paid to watch other clubs before and will do so again because I like watching football and turn up as a football fan rather than having having an affection to one of the teams in fact United and City fans coming watching Oldham is nothing new and has been going on for years.

Edited by GlossopLatic