Unpleasant Myths Buried

Years ago, people said that Betsy was rubbish. They still say it now, and they're not wrong.

As I recall, the specific complaint was laziness. However, it was said by Betsy fans that that complaint had an unpleasant racial tinge to it.

No one complains that Tounkara, for instance, is lazy. Everyone can see that he isn't even slightly lazy. Therefore, let's just say that people complained about Betsy's laziness not because that was the first thing anyone could think to say about a black player, but because Betsy was lazy.

Years ago, people said that Betsy was rubbish. They still say it now, and they're not wrong.

As I recall, the specific complaint was laziness. However, it was said by Betsy fans that that complaint had an unpleasant racial tinge to it.

No one complains that Tounkara, for instance, is lazy. Everyone can see that he isn't even slightly lazy. Therefore, let's just say that people complained about Betsy's laziness not because that was the first thing anyone could think to say about a black player, but because Betsy was lazy.

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

What a pointless post.

Which betsy "fans" said that then? Jeez, has it been troubling you for all this time? Let it go.

Which betsy "fans" said that then? Jeez, has it been troubling you for all this time? Let it go.

It did trouble me. Some said the criticism of Betsy was racial, but I thought it was because he was rubbish. It hasn't troubled me every day, like, it just occurred to me today, after the match. I might never think about it again after tonight.

i always thought it was those who suggested to suggest he was lazy was racist that were the lazy ones? :unsure:

It did trouble me. Some said the criticism of Betsy was racial, but I thought it was because he was rubbish. It hasn't troubled me every day, like, it just occurred to me today, after the match. I might never think about it again after tonight.

get a grip..........

NB. Betsy and JJ were plainly :censored: and lazy. But Allott was hardly as black as the ace of spades. However, we do have a racist element - as seen as recently as last Tuesday.

JJ wasn't :censored:, lazy? Yeah. Shít? no way. Sam Alladyce said himself JJ had a future at Bolton if he had the application and commitment. JJ quite clearly has ability.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Poinltess post of the year. And a honeypot thread again to try an tempt those into discussing race.

For goodness sake, Why rake it up?

Pointless.

In some ways I'd argue that Tounkare is lazy - not in that he doesn't run around a lot but he rarely takes himself away from goal for the betterment of the team. Poor running of the channels and poor awareness at times; it is a lazy side of his game that he should improve on because there is much to like about him.