Muppet Latics fan on GMR

Stop. Fishing.

You've had several public warnings now, don't make be ban you again. It's tiresome.

There has been loads of nonsense on this board about people taking things far too seriously and needing to lighten up a little......................I think our admin / mods need to learn from this example :disappointed:

.........whoever the fan was, it's clear he wasn't speaking for the majority of us.............how the feck do we turn a great result today in to another disolusioned thread?

There has been loads of nonsense on this board about people taking things far too seriously and needing to lighten up a little......................I think our admin / mods need to learn from this example :disappointed:

Tried it, didn't work. So we've locked the doors and we're culling the trolls for the benefit of the masses. The member above has been banned once for acting like a spoilt child and will be banned again if he goes down that same path (this is not an extreme example of those actions, merely an indicator that they remain his MO).

Tried it, didn't work. So we've locked the doors and we're culling the trolls for the benefit of the masses. The member above has been banned once for acting like a spoilt child and will be banned again if he goes down that same path (this is not an extreme example of those actions, merely an indicator that they remain his MO).

........Hmm I've read through many threads on similiar issues on this forum but I'm not convinced this is the right course of action...........I know you have a thankless task and god knows you guys need saint hood for the agro you put up with............but this attitude has all the attributes of a dictatorship and lets face it - you mods knew what you were letting yourselves in for when you accepted this responsibility.

New, old or existing members should be able to come on the 'Official Oldham Athletic website' to vent their anger or joy regardless of their disposition.............if the doors are locked (as you put it) and the trolls are being culled (next you'll be claiming that I'm a troll)........then how can Oldham Athletic condone OWTB as their official site?????........the site needs to be open for all fans unless they fail to abide by the sites AUP.................Your reply to 'PlayitLivo' was an flagrant misuse of your authority and didn't warrant the response that you given............if you need an excuse to (culled) somebody I suggest finding a reason that doesn't leave a bad taste in the mouths of existing members............ :disappointed:

.............and I happen to think you do a great job moderating / administrating this site........please don't lose your way!!

........Hmm I've read through many threads on similiar issues on this forum but I'm not convinced this is the right course of action...........I know you have a thankless task and god knows you guys need saint hood for the agro you put up with............but this attitude has all the attributes of a dictatorship and lets face it - you mods knew what you were letting yourselves in for when you accepted this responsibility.

New, old or existing members should be able to come on the 'Official Oldham Athletic website' to vent their anger or joy regardless of their disposition.............if the doors are locked (as you put it) and the trolls are being culled (next you'll be claiming that I'm a troll)........then how can Oldham Athletic condone OWTB as their official site?????........the site needs to be open for all fans unless they fail to abide by the sites AUP.................Your reply to 'PlayitLivo' was an flagrant misuse of your authority and didn't warrant the response that you given............if you need an excuse to (culled) somebody I suggest finding a reason that doesn't leave a bad taste in the mouths of existing members............ :disappointed:

.............and I happen to think you do a great job moderating / administrating this site........please don't lose your way!!

Valid points. You're certainly not trolling with these comments and I'm happy to talk about the issues.

When we first opened OWTB we had only a couple of hundred members and perhaps a dozen fully active ones. That's the responsibility we accepted, we've simply been continually evolving to the best of our ability. Also, the contract with OAFC stated clearly that all site matters would remain the discretion of the OWTB staff and as such we make and administer policy based on the guidelines we set out clearly in the User Agreement (which includes the act of Trolling).

As for PlayItLivo I would normally have done this by PM but he has that disabled and so I must resort to more public matters. He has considerable previous for acting in a Troll like manner and it's only through our previous policy of allowing banned members to return under new identities as long as they abide by the rules (far from dictator like, I think?).

However in recent months it has become apparent that members have been abusing the more relaxed approach we've adopted, to the detriment to OWTB as a whole (to the extent that once I know the site is in safe hands I'm walking away, as I've lost all love for Latics and this hate-filled place). To enable us to get this situation under control we've blocked the addition of new memberships to secure the stability and integrity of the site.

This is not a policy I would expect to last forever, however it was not something we could avoid at the time.

Anything further feel free to post, I will get back to you if I can.

As for PlayItLivo I would normally have done this by PM but he has that disabled and so I must resort to more public matters. He has considerable previous for acting in a Troll like manner and it's only through our previous policy of allowing banned members to return under new identities as long as they abide by the rules (far from dictator like, I think?).fair enough that will explain why you did this in the public domain

However in recent months it has become apparent that members have been abusing the more relaxed approach we've adopted, to the detriment to OWTB as a whole (to the extent that once I know the site is in safe hands I'm walking away, as I've lost all love for Latics and this hate-filled place).sorry to hear this, like I said I think you do a thankless job

This is not a policy I would expect to last forever, however it was not something we could avoid at the time.hope not.....my son will want to join in a couple of years :wink:

Who was the tit who called in to GMR to complain about the idea of giving City season ticket holders half price admission to the Plymouth home game?

I thought it was just brilliant, summed up being a Latics fan. Won 3-1 away 7th in the league with a home game to come, just had full match commentary on GMR and what do we get when they ask for Latics fans to phone in? Mr Bigot knocking the club - Priceless! :grin:

Valid points. You're certainly not trolling with these comments and I'm happy to talk about the issues.

When we first opened OWTB we had only a couple of hundred members and perhaps a dozen fully active ones. That's the responsibility we accepted, we've simply been continually evolving to the best of our ability. Also, the contract with OAFC stated clearly that all site matters would remain the discretion of the OWTB staff and as such we make and administer policy based on the guidelines we set out clearly in the User Agreement (which includes the act of Trolling).

As for PlayItLivo I would normally have done this by PM but he has that disabled and so I must resort to more public matters. He has considerable previous for acting in a Troll like manner and it's only through our previous policy of allowing banned members to return under new identities as long as they abide by the rules (far from dictator like, I think?).

However in recent months it has become apparent that members have been abusing the more relaxed approach we've adopted, to the detriment to OWTB as a whole (to the extent that once I know the site is in safe hands I'm walking away, as I've lost all love for Latics and this hate-filled place). To enable us to get this situation under control we've blocked the addition of new memberships to secure the stability and integrity of the site.

This is not a policy I would expect to last forever, however it was not something we could avoid at the time.

hate to sound like an arse licker but :applause1:

That's quite a sweeping comment, lost the love for latics?

If certain members have pissed you off on this site ...then maybe understandable ( i imagine it's a thankless task ) but to walk away?

Fully agree Acks.

This forum should be kept as an Oldham Athletic forum, not a place to be a c**k just to get a reaction. If some members (not targeting at anyone specifically) want that, there are plenty of other places to do it.

Back on topic, I hope the City offer works well. I have a few friends that are Manure fans, but have season tickets at Stockport. They haven't become Stocky supporters, but they still hand over their hard earned to them. The players need to come to the party though and play attractive football. As long as we get a good number of city fans through the turnstiles, it is one of the only games I would take a good exciting loss over a bore 1-0 win.

Trolling is trying to gauge a negative response from other users. I have always posted my genuine opinions on this board, sometimes in a light hearted manner, with no intention of trying to píss people off. That's not to say I don't expect happy clappers to respond negatively when I say "we shouldn't have sold our top scorer for a pittance" or "we shouldn't be loaning out our best defender"

There are posters on here who come across very dismissive towards other people's opinions, and often quite rude, which is a manner of posting I do not partake in.

I have disabled PMs I figured Admins would be able to bypass this setting, either way, they are enabled now. So if you would like to take this further, feel free to message me,

Back on topic, I hope the City offer works well. I have a few friends that are Manure fans, but have season tickets at Stockport.

Which leads me to ask, why haven't we just opened this offer to season ticket holders of all clubs (bar Plymouth)?

I know it's drilled as a City manager thing, but throw it open to anyone I say!

I have a strong suspicious the GMR phone-in guy "Dave" was phoning under an assumed name. I recognise that Tameside accent anywhere.

And he also had a point, albeit chosen on the wrong day (when Latics won and the feelgood factor is there). Given Citeh fans reduced admission is a bit like the club has given up trying to coax lapsed Latics fans back and like someone else mentioned earlier, this offer should have been for season tickets of any football league fans.

The usual OTT comments on here are pathetic:

"Bigot!"

"Shame on him"

"Hang him and feed him to the crocodiles!"

"Burn the crocodiles!"

Etcetera...