IF.............

we'd beaten Orient and not been Fergie timed at Brighton......................................

we'd be second.

We're in this position without having been consistent and even being poor on occassion but, even when we've been poor, he's thrown more strikers on and we could have won those games late on and the law of averages says we will in similar scenarios as the season goes by.

I think we can go up.

I don't know of any teams that can't win at home ever being promoted.

On the basis of "anything can happen once you're in the play-offs" ...

Brentford 2006

Sheff Wed 2005

Hartlepool 2004

All failed to win 13 home games, and still made the play-offs. Latics failed to win 12 home games in 2003, and also made the play-offs.

Crewe lost 7 home games in 2003 and got automatic promotion.

We should have won against Yeovil and Leyton, but we're not always going to win the games we should, that's why we've been in this division for so long....but all in all, I'm pretty pleased we're still undefeated at home. It's a very good sign, although we're yet to really be tested at home really.

I'm not going to entertain the idea of us going up, because it simply won't happen. I wouldn't rule out a decent 9th/10th place finish though.

Given how bad we were last season, overall I think a mid table finish would be good progress made.

Edited by PlayItLivo

We're going alright. A few improvements needed but I'm happy with the way it is going this season.

Only issue might be when players start getting injured or tired and we haven't the squad to cover them. This might be when the Huddersfield, Southampton's etc steal a march on the teams who haven't the same funding.

Well, after beating Notts County and Bournemouth, I don't think that concerns us.

We're one or two signings away from a good push (if we can ever make any) but one or two injuries away from a struggle. That said, the belief he seems to have instilled in the side has given them a resilency we haven't had for a while so I think that perhaps we will probably muddle along around mid table, even when the injuries come.

We're one or two signings away from a good push (if we can ever make any) but one or two injuries away from a struggle. That said, the belief he seems to have instilled in the side has given them a resilency we haven't had for a while so I think that perhaps we will probably muddle along around mid table, even when the injuries come.

i concur

been saying this for the last couple of weeks,shame feeney cant hit the net,hes been brought in as our experienced seasoned up front goal scorer,and so far has looked anything but...cant help but feel that if we had a fox in the box type striker dare i say in the ilk of dickov,our goals for tally would be greater,and maybe having taken the lead gone on to win comfortably instead of giving away silly goals to draw...

im more than happy to finish in and around the 10 place this season,big learning curve etc,but i do feel we are maybe 3 decent signings away from playoffs,all depends who we can ship out and who comes in...if greegs goes out thats a big wage off so who knows

We've got a pretty good habit of coming back after less-than-decent results. That's enough to get you in and around the play-offs in this league - then who knows what come March and April? I might have a cheeky punt on us getting top six, but that would cuss our chances good and proper, so I might not as well.

We should have won against Yeovil and Leyton, but we're not always going to win the games we should, that's why we've been in this division for so long....but all in all, I'm pretty pleased we're still undefeated at home. It's a very good sign, although we're yet to really be tested at home yet.

I'm not going to entertain the idea of us going up, because it simply won't happen. I wouldn't rule out a decent 9th/10th place finish though.

Given how bad we were last season, overall I think a mid table finish would be good progress made.

Completely agree

we'd beaten Orient and not been Fergie timed at Brighton......................................

we'd be second.

We're in this position without having been consistent and even being poor on occassion but, even when we've been poor, he's thrown more strikers on and we could have won those games late on and the law of averages says we will in similar scenarios as the season goes by.

I think we can go up.

We should have but hey ho we didn't, thats life and its time to move on with the promotion push!

If we'd won 2-0 at Peterborough, we'd be 2nd and Peterborough would be 12th instead of 3rd.

But we didn't, so we're not.

Equally, if we'd played it negative and accepted a 3-2 defeat at Peterborugh instead of leaving ourselves open and conceding two late goals, we'd be in the play-off spots. But that would have been last season's mentality.

It's early days, the league is close and a decent run of form could put any team right up there.

Dickov's Latics is fun to watch, but it's far from the finished article. But give me M'voto at centre forward for the last 10 minutes while we try to force a win rather than 11 behind the ball trying to cling on to the draw any day of the week.

Edited by opinions4u

Here is my take. I don't think we can win the league and unless things go drastically wrong I doubt we will not be in a dog fight either. It really could go anyway from as high as 2nd down as far as 20th imo. Depends on injuries, players form, the manager etc. I do think we could sneak into the play-offs but it is really to early to call. ask me again at xmas!

Edited by laticsmad

Every game just have a glance at the back of the programme where the squads are given and you'll notice that Latics squad is bigger than their side. I kid you not I've yet to see one larger!!. The other thing that struck me at the end of the Brentford match apart from the celebration enjoyed by all Latics staff was just how large our entourage was striding across the pitch to the tunnel. OK we're not talking premeirship crew's here but we've a bloody large squad on paper compared to most. Trouble is I guess is that a good few PD wants shut off, likewise many of us. Also peppered with a few first year pro's out the youth.

Edited by Lags

we'd be second.

I think we can go up.

We got battered at Brighton though.