How is rooney anywhere near the england side?

steveoafc

What's going on with this guy? .. anonymous performance again tonight, his head is definitely not right.

Where's the aggresion we used to see from him?

Pity we're so short of quality strikers at the moment because there's a place up for grabs.

Reputation. Its fairly common at quite a few levels of football (more so the higher you go though), players get picked on what they did in the past not what they are doing in the Now.

But like someone once said, "Form is temporary. Class is permanent."

Reputation. Its fairly common at quite a few levels of football (more so the higher you go though), players get picked on what they did in the past not what they are doing in the Now.

But like someone once said, "Form is temporary. Class is permanent."

That's the frustrating thing, we know what he can do but he's just not at the races lately for club or country.

Who could replace him though?........shame defoe is out.

And if you could have been arsed watching tonight, you'd know that picking out Wayne Rooney is nonsense. I know he's meant to be our best player but we have to stop this obsession with one individual. It's the same with Torres at Liverpool.

Yes Rooney had a (very) poor game. No point denying that.

But so did the rest of the team.

Nobody shone. Absolutely nobody.

The two players I can't really criticise are Rio and Hart. But it's downright bloody scary that a crocked and ageing Ferdinand suddenly looks head and shoulders our best centre half. He's certainly the only one with the faintest idea what to do with the ball.

I quite like Ashley Young, at his level, but if he's our England future then we're destined to be no better than top 16 in the world. If that.

It's as if the last two years never happened. And that simply means we can write off the next two years. Even if we qualify for the 2012 Euros we know precisely what will happen.

It's not so much the poor form rooney is showing ( although it is worrying ) but just his whole demeanour.

There appears to be a distinct lack of desire or appetite.

IMO he needs taking out of the england picture until his hunger returns.

I agree that nobody did themselves justice tonight though.

It's not so much the poor form rooney is showing ( although it is worrying ) but just his whole demeanour.

There appears to be a distinct lack of desire or appetite.

IMO he needs taking out of the england picture until his hunger returns.

I think that is entirely fair comment.

Apart from a couple of glimpses in this season's qualifiers - and it has been mere glimpses - he hasn't really looked himself in an England shirt for a very long time.

A rest from the England set up (maybe the remainder of this season?), a chance to get properly fit, and a chance to concentrate on rediscovering his form and his joy for the game in a United shirt might be the best thing for him.

Won't happen though.

dont even think he should be playin for united at the min but none of this crap bout givin him time off make him sit on the bench an keep/get sharp in the reserves. give him a dose of the real world (term used as loosly as possible for someone who earns 100k+ a week) an then make him earn his place back thats the only way he will get his passion back IMO

dont even think he should be playin for united at the min but none of this crap bout givin him time off make him sit on the bench an keep/get sharp in the reserves. give him a dose of the real world (term used as loosly as possible for someone who earns 100k+ a week) an then make him earn his place back thats the only way he will get his passion back IMO

isnt that why fergie let him play last night? flamin joke!

It's as if the last two years never happened. And that simply means we can write off the next two years. Even if we qualify for the 2012 Euros we know precisely what will happen.

This is the worst thing regarding all of this. A couple of results against a couple of poor sides and the debacle is starting all over again.

I would say it is at least ten years before we can get kids taught properly, and start to get things coming through. Probably longer. All this does is delay the wait of 10+ years before we can compete with decent sides. All we can hope for is a dull Dutchesque hack your way through soft arsed teams approach and a loss in a major final. At best.

Rooney and his form is completely irrelevant.

This is the worst thing regarding all of this. A couple of results against a couple of poor sides and the debacle is starting all over again.

I would say it is at least ten years before we can get kids taught properly, and start to get things coming through. Probably longer. All this does is delay the wait of 10+ years before we can compete with decent sides. All we can hope for is a dull Dutchesque hack your way through soft arsed teams approach and a loss in a major final. At best.

Rooney and his form is completely irrelevant.

i disagree. We play a boring rigid 442 that offers little in creativity or attcking threat. different manager with a different philosophy and we could start playing some decent stuff and getting decent results. nt sayin a change of style would make us world beaters but would make a huge difference

Ive lost heart since the Bloemfontein massacre

I was heartened to see two footballing nations get what they deserve (and I don't just mean with regards to the performances on the day).

Watching amongst a load of hot German blondies, all seemingly without questionable body hair, was just the cherry on top.

I was heartened to see two footballing nations get what they deserve (and I don't just mean with regards to the performances on the day).

Watching amongst a load of hot German blondies, all seemingly without questionable body hair, was just the cherry on top.

:awooga: please do go on...........

It's much, much deeper than a manager and a formation. Except for a brief and somewhat patchy respite under Tel, and that fluke 5-1 in Munich, England have played boring, rigid football for as long as I can remember.

I can't see how it will take less than a generation to actually improve the quality of football we play. And that's if the necessary changes were made. Which they won't be.

In fact I'll boldly predict, right now, England will win nothing in the lifetime of anyone on this forum.