Where do you see us in 5 years?

i admire your honesty, can you honestly say everyone on here would do the same , nah, all they care about is glory, and they aint gna get a great deal of that here hence the reason they aint turning up! it kills me to see the club i love in this situation

I'm not sure any of us signed up for the glory! :wink:

We've been in grim times before brother. Have faith OAFC will indeed survive and I believe the club will be here in 5 years. We currently have one of the biggest squads in this league, granted apart form the bit of the squad Dickov uses is not good enough, but tha fact remains its huge for this standard. We have lots of scope come the end of this season to save big sums in wages.

we have indeed but as prozac said in another thread fans were flooding in still when we were on the verge of being no more. With the club having debt and no real assets im very sceptical

lags i have alot of respect for you after what you have posted on here even tho i havnt met u but, clearly not everyone on here cares for the club as you and i do, what would u do football wise??

way higher than 5% because they would be the nearest club to lots of people who have to go to football every couple of weeks at least. doesnt matter anyway because we will be pushing for europe, and filling in the corners at New Boundary Park.

if failsworth then rapidly dwindling crowds in citehs backyard and no interest from locals, slipping into oblivion. Hope somehow BP comes good but cant really see that in present economic climate. Probably ground share at Spotland seems best of a bad job to me. depressing. :(

sady i see no club, and 90% of the posters on here supporting city or utd, as for myself i will have absolutly no intrest in football whatsoever

:shock: 90% bloody hell I would hope not.

I'm like you, I would have no interest whatsoever in watching anyone else, what would be the point, if your hearts not in it then there is no point.

Edited by Hometownclub

:shock: 90% bloody hell I would hope not.

I'm like you, I would have no interest whatsoever in watching anyone else, what would be the point, if your hearts not in it then there is no point.

Exactly!. If the present club folded it would have to be a new phoenix club for me. My allegiance is only with OLDHAM.

Can't believe the amount of people saying we won't be here, how many clubs have folded in the last 5 years? We might be skint but i doubt its that likely we'll fold completely.

I personally hope we're in the Championship, with a place in the Euro Vase through the fair play league, while we have a team full of former U21 internationals, including a spine of the team being a primeful Craig Davies & :censored:, with Kevin Maher pulling the strings, with the long serving Dean Brill celebrating his 250th appearance for the club.

Can't believe the amount of people saying we won't be here, how many clubs have folded in the last 5 years? We might be skint but i doubt its that likely we'll fold completely.

I personally hope we're in the Championship, with a place in the Euro Vase through the fair play league, while we have a team full of former U21 internationals, including a spine of the team being a primeful Craig Davies & :censored:, with Kevin Maher pulling the strings, with the long serving Dean Brill celebrating his 250th appearance for the club.

With Andy Liddell as manager pointing the way forward.

Why do people say they would make do with a groundshare with Rochdale at Spotland but they wont travel a couple of minutes down one rd from the current home to a brand spanking shiny and new stadium which will at one time or another be self funded and keep the footy club running, ok so its not exactly in the centre of oldham but its all weve got were not gonna gain any new support by playing at Rochdale or Bury or anyone for that matter they are gonna support the big boys or there local team if kids around failsworth wanna support City or Utd let them theres enough Oldham fans in Oldham when they see the new ground they might get hooked (again) , Theres to much doom and gloom around the club we could be worse off we might be in the future but right now on the football side we doin ok were playing good football weve got a good management team who seem hungry and we are seventh and five points off top who would have predicted that at the start of the season

Lets get arses on seats and cheer the blue army on once again Keep The Faith (and smile :-)

Saturday 10 October 2015 will go down in history as a special day for Oldham Athletic. The Poundland League 1 North club, who came out of their second period of administration exactly 3 years ago, will play their first home league game in their new stadium following just over a season of playing at Spotland. Oldham’s owner and life president, Tom Hicks – or Mr President as he likes to be called - said he was delighted that Oldham can call the revamped Whitebank Stadium their new home. “It’s awesome that soccer is back in little old Oldham”, Mr Hicks said.

The 4,000 capacity Whitebank Stadium has not seem competitive sport since Oldham Roughyeds went out of business 2 years ago following non payment of their 47th tax bill. After a 20 year search for a new home, and despite an 18 month campaign of opposition from the Limseside Liberation Front, Oldham Athletic finally won an appeal against the merged Oldham and Rochdale Unity Metropolitan Council’s decision to refuse planning permission for the new Alan Hardy Stand.

Oldham manager, Ian Thomas-Moore, echoed the sentiments of Tom Hicks. Mr Thomas-Moore, whose father is also a director of the club, said “it’s awesome that soccer is back in little old Oldham”. Thomas-Moore, 39, also named himself in the squad for Saturday. Club captain Chris Taylor also returns following a broken toe nail, and is certain to take up his usual place in the centre of the defence.