Where do you see us in 5 years?

Simple this, where do you see OAFC in the next 5 years?

I think we will be mid table league 1! Sadly still playing at BP.

I'd be chuffed with that outcome. I think other scenarios range from League 2 all the way down to the North West Counties League as a brand new club playing out of the borough because Roughyeds wont let us play at their superb Limeside stadium.

League 1 & BP in 5 years would mean we hadnt imploded and would mean our ground hadnt been stolen from under us.

Hard to tell. league one looks like it is going to very tight this year.. atm no one looks like running away with it.. few wins and ur in promotion spots.. if carries on like that you never know we could get promoted.. and that would bring in around an extra 3m for that one off season in championship (doubt we would be able to stay their) 5 years.. i see us still around.. and playing above league two.. probably still league one, or maybe a yo-yo team who cant decide on which league they want to be in..

The club out of business with Boundary Park sold, the land sold and Failsworth land sold. Maybe a few hundred fans trying to start another club, but that in the end falling by the wayside as people just go to one of the tens of other clubs in the area.

I just wonder where this magical money is coming for Failsworth, even with planning permission. The funding previously in place has bobbed off with the ex-Chairmen. More chance of winning the FA Cup this year.

The club out of business with Boundary Park sold, the land sold and Failsworth land sold. Maybe a few hundred fans trying to start another club, but that in the end falling by the wayside as people just go to one of the tens of other clubs in the area.

I just wonder where this magical money is coming for Failsworth, even with planning permission. The funding previously in place has bobbed off with the ex-Chairmen. More chance of winning the FA Cup this year.

I think that any new club would survive. I cant think of any English team in recent times who has gone out of business which hasnt reformed and is outmuscling the competition due to having more fans. Even a few hundred would dwarf others at the lamentably low level we'd have to start again. There is the problem that we're on the doorstep of United & City and we probably wouldnt get too many new fans so we might end up like Bradford PA, adrift forever in non league, rather than clubs with more of a free hand in their catchment area. Being like Bradford PA is basically my worst case scenario. Best is that some pillock with more money than sense takes us over and we thrive well into the future. That one seems less likely though :disappointed:

I don't know but I do wonder if they were putting anything extra into it really. Going off what had been said previously, the land at BP will be developed and the housing sales will apparently go towards the new stadium. The new commercial opportunties at Failsworth could help to pay for the rest of it? Maybe???

I don't know but I do wonder if they were putting anything extra into it really. Going off what had been said previously, the land at BP will be developed and the housing sales will apparently go towards the new stadium. The new commercial opportunties at Failsworth could help to pay for the rest of it? Maybe???

I really cannot believe, at all, that any revenue from building on BP is going to end up going towards Failsworth. It's TTA's land, it'll be their money and as 2 of them have severed all ties and the other 1 is saying there's no more money (and heavily hinting he wont be around for too long) then why on earth are they going to do a volte face??

lags i have alot of respect for you after what you have posted on here even tho i havnt met u but, clearly not everyone on here cares for the club as you and i do, what would u do football wise??

F***ed if I know brother. Probably watching the reformed OAFC. As sure as night follows day a new Oldham side would emerge.

Edited by Lags

F***ed if I know brother. Probably watched the reformed OAFC. As sure as night follows day a new Oldham side would emerge.

i admire your honesty, can you honestly say everyone on here would do the same , nah, all they care about is glory, and they aint gna get a great deal of that here hence the reason they aint turning up! it kills me to see the club i love in this situation

We've been in grim times before brother. Have faith OAFC will indeed survive and I believe the club will be here in 5 years. We currently have one of the biggest squads in this league, granted apart form the bit of the squad Dickov uses is not good enough, but tha fact remains its huge for this standard. We have lots of scope come the end of this season to save big sums in wages.