Retirement at the end of the season

On lunch today I have been told that there will be a shock retirement at the end of the season.

The Big Cheese is calling it a day and I dont mean Corney !

I know I dont post often I just read the board but this was way to juicey not to mention.

Life after Hardy ??? What will it be like?

On lunch today I have been told that there will be a shock retirement at the end of the season.

The Big Cheese is calling it a day and I dont mean Corney !

I know I dont post often I just read the board but this was way to juicey not to mention.

Life after Hardy ??? What will it be like?

Great, I know a few businesses who may start to sponsor Latics now- abliet next season!!!.

i think he sees the coming storm and cant be arsed fighting it again

Yep. He's already given more of himself than most in that respect, time for someone younger to fight the good fight.

By the way, I cannot believe how many people think his depearture will be a good thing. Madness.

Yep. He's already given more of himself than most in that respect, time for someone younger to fight the good fight.

By the way, I cannot believe how many people think his depearture will be a good thing. Madness.

why not post something contrary to popular concensus then to enlighten those who think this??

Some people would think that for the reason you outlined in your first sentence.

Without meaning to come across as disrespectful to Alan Hardy, or undermine his position, would it really be such a bad thing to have a new, younger chief executive at the helm who can bring fresh ideas to the table on how to take the club forward (assuming the rumour is true of course)?

why not post something contrary to popular concensus then to enlighten those who think this??

If it wasn't for the effort Hardy put into saving the club when times were at their worst, we wouldn't be here at all now. He was the first to see M**re for what he was and what he was about to do to the club and has been at the forefront of protecting and promoting the club since. Probably too much has been said of his weaknesses, opnly exposed by his willingness to take too much on. I don't believe his doubters have the faintest clue just how much of the club's day to day operation relies on him. I don't think even those involved in the club from boardroom to ticket office will realise how much he does until he's gone and it's too late.

The club's organisation barely survived when he was off ill for a few weeks - it'll be utter chaos when he's gone for good.

If it wasn't for the effort Hardy put into saving the club when times were at their worst, we wouldn't be here at all now. He was the first to see M**re for what he was and what he was about to do to the club and has been at the forefront of protecting and promoting the club since. Probably too much has been said of his weaknesses, opnly exposed by his willingness to take too much on. I don't believe his doubters have the faintest clue just how much of the club's day to day operation relies on him. I don't think even those involved in the club from boardroom to ticket office will realise how much he does until he's gone and it's too late.

The club's organisation barely survived when he was off ill for a few weeks - it'll be utter chaos when he's gone for good.

correct. AND he replies to emails.

we need a like button now..well said

Despite my well publicised mis-givings, Alan is a Latic through and through and has worked his arse off for the club for over 30 years - recently to the detriment of his well-being. I for one am grateful he was around to help pick the pieces up after Moore's departure. My criticisms have never been personal just comments over my and others perceptions on how things are being handled within the club. As the one constant and Chief Exec, Alan is there rightly or wrongly to be shot at. I hope he is replaced with someone as competent, but younger and with lots of ideas to take the club forward - hopefully not one of TTA cronies.

As for Alan (if it is him retiring) I don't blame him, like it or not your own well-being is far more important than Oldham Athletic. It looks like one way or another we really are on the precipice of a new era dawning at Oldham Athletic.... :unsure:

PS Don't forget to clear the cellar of any evidence and make sure Gordon goes to a good home...

Edited by oafcprozac