Who or what is "visually"?

A new poster on here known as "visually" has created some interesting new Latics merchandise, eg. printed blinds, the sticker set, T-shirt.

Maybe "visually" could introduce himself/herself to us and explain his/her link to the club.

Their offer in Barry's most recent post of £1 to the playershare scheme for each sticker set sold seems very generous. Are they just a regular supplier of club merchandise or a supporter as well?

Does the club get a similar percentage of the money from the sale of their items as from other suppliers.

He's part of a an elite, secret group of lizards that control evrything about our world!

:grin:

seriously not got a clue though, sounds a good guy though, maybe our new covert marketing director? we know how the club loves a secret signing!

Edited by Oafc88

He's part of a an elite, secret group of lizards that control evrything about our world!

:grin:

seriously not got a clue though, sounds a good guy though, maybe our new covert marketing director? we know how the club loves a secret signing!

I could have been the new marketing director but not yet? Time will tell.

My name is Mark. I work within the football industry and help various clubs with marketing and new ways to do things.

Hopefully my efforts will help raise funds for the club as it needs it. Hopefully I will be able to work much closer with the club than I currently do.

My name is Mark. I work within the football industry and help various clubs with marketing and new ways to do things.

Hopefully my efforts will help raise funds for the club as it needs it. Hopefully I will be able to work much closer with the club than I currently do.

Ah okay. Well good to have you aboard. It's good that someone appears to be a little pro active in trying new ideas and apparently working on the smaller touches needed around the club such as the merchandise. For me the smaller touches can be just as important as the big ones.

Is it just merchandising you are involved in or will you be a part of trying to fix bigger things such as advertising for games, coming up with long term ideas for offers to entice crowds back, in ground food, etc.?

how about gettin some cushions in the club shop like the ones they had/have on soccer am? could be plain with the latics crest on or in the shape of the latics crest. always liked the look of them. i'd buy one.

also, is the Latics v City (1 nil cup win) game available on dvd in the club shop? If not, get it in.

If you can get the tiny enamel badges back in the shop I will buy about 10. The little ones with the pin on the back that fastens into a separate press stud type thing - not a standard badge.

They are about a centimetre across in the shape of the crest, my wife thought she had found some a while back at some craft fair she was at. I got her to pay £15 for 5 and they turned out to not be what I am after.

I had a Latics towel a few years ago, that could be classed as a "proper" one. That didn't dry either. Only suitable for lying on when on a beach but if you went near the sea you had to have another towel.

the list could be endless couldnt it really from pencils and pencil cases to bean bags,towels,cushions curtains car seat covers,big sticky logos that could go on wheelie bins suit cases the like..all that is needed is a little imagination..just advertise them online rather than in the club shop..other clubs do it dont see why we cant...

the list could be endless couldnt it really from pencils and pencil cases to bean bags,towels,cushions curtains car seat covers,big sticky logos that could go on wheelie bins suit cases the like..all that is needed is a little imagination..just advertise them online rather than in the club shop..other clubs do it dont see why we cant...

Yup, got those on all 3 of my bins.

Would be good if you could create something with the old style, side on owl, badge?

There's plenty of babies/toddlers kids stuff I would have bought.

Sometimes it was out of stock, I waited 18 motnhs for chaddy owl.

Can't fault the club when I got it, and last old Chaddy was star in helping.

I am about to do a bit of an Xmas order, so will hold fire and see what visually comes up with.

I am an exile so will all be via the online shop if I can do it

Sometimes it was out of stock, I waited 18 motnhs for chaddy owl.

Better off without. My young Chaddy was staying with me at a friends the last couple of weeks and the little b----d kept getting caught s-----g all the other animals in the house, especially a sheep which he took a real fancy to and a large rodenty thing.

Whilst the marketing at the club shop has been in decline for years - regularly over the last few seasons I gone in with some money to 'burn' and have come out with nothing as there was nothing that was worth buying other than the shirts which I already have - given that we are getting less than 4,000 fans regularly, can it be cost effective to make lots of different items?

I imagine that only a small percentage would buy stuff (a MB of fans passionate enough about the club to write about it daily if not a good judge of overall interest).

Best we can hope for is a small number of new lines that are probably made for 50 other clubs, and its a slight variation on the production line to make low volumes cost effective.

Stickers seem low cost - so the kit, and perhaps a club crest in sticker format would be a reasonable start.

PS I still have my Littlewoods Cup Final Towel, and it drys perfectly well.