Warmest/most kid-friendly stand?

Evening all,

My family and I have chosen Shaw as this year's winter vacation destination. Can think of no place better on Earth to enjoy the cold, rain and misery.

Needless to say, and determined to be as bad a parent as I can, Latics indoctrination is required for the two little 'uns.

The biggest little 'un will be about 2 1/2 come Christmas; the littlest likkle 'un 6 months.

So the question is; where's the least cold/windy/kid-tolerent place to torture 'um?

Those that say "Not next to me" needn't reply ;)

Seriously, any advice? Be much appreciated...

Cheers,

KC

Cheers for the reply, bt.

I know the spot you're talking about - the biggest little one and I were in there once or twice last summer. Not family-friendly at all - where does one change curap-filled pants? In the shut-down bogs? (Not a dig, BTW)

Let me re-phrase the question: Which stand is least wind-whipped and/or has any kind of facilities for folk with toddlers?

Cheers,

KC

I know the spot you're talking about - the biggest little one and I were in there once or twice last summer. Not family-friendly at all - where does one change curap-filled pants? In the shut-down bogs? (Not a dig, BTW)

Let me re-phrase the question: Which stand is least wind-whipped and/or has any kind of facilities for folk with toddlers?

Cheers,

KC

I hope that's your kids pants you're talking about

Evening all,

My family and I have chosen Shaw as this year's winter vacation destination. Can think of no place better on Earth to enjoy the cold, rain and misery.

Needless to say, and determined to be as bad a parent as I can, Latics indoctrination is required for the two little 'uns.

The biggest little 'un will be about 2 1/2 come Christmas; the littlest likkle 'un 6 months.

So the question is; where's the least cold/windy/kid-tolerent place to torture 'um?

Those that say "Not next to me" needn't reply ;)

Seriously, any advice? Be much appreciated...

Cheers,

KC

As a dad, although my daughter is now 13 I have taken her since she was toddling I would suggest Main Stand pal. We go in the old paddock toward Rochdale Rd side but its a bit cold (may be warmer in top tier, not sure). I would say its deffo kid friendly anyway!

As a dad, although my daughter is now 13 I have taken her since she was toddling I would suggest Main Stand pal. We go in the old paddock toward Rochdale Rd side but its a bit cold (may be warmer in top tier, not sure). I would say its deffo kid friendly anyway!

I sit in the same section. Its cold, but its fine.

Cheers,

KC

No worries, I don't know of any baby changing facilities at BP, Hardy's office?

I presumed you mean't family friendly in the sense of not having people effing and jeffing...etc.. probably better away from the RRE next to the away fans! Although top right of the RRE as you look at the pitch would probably be a good spot.

As for the weather, as BFJ said, BP is the only ground where all 4 corner flags can point in different directions at the same time.

I would drop the warm requirement and just make sure you wrap up...

Front row of the Mainstand or the right hand side of the RRE near the front (if you are looking towards the chaddy)

I find issues with the view and people standing up in the way anywhere else I have sat with my nephew.

Thanks for all the suggestions, all, but crikey! All three stands have been recommended! :unsure::unsure: I suppose everyone has their preferred spot.

I figured with the Lookers not there to block the wind, certain stands - especially the Main, would be colder than previously. Yet from memory, there's fewer effers and jeffers in there. Any of the Main-standers think the same?

Cheers once again.

KC

Thanks for all the suggestions, all, but crikey! All three stands have been recommended! :unsure::unsure: I suppose everyone has their preferred spot.

I figured with the Lookers not there to block the wind, certain stands - especially the Main, would be colder than previously. Yet from memory, there's fewer effers and jeffers in there. Any of the Main-standers think the same?

Cheers once again.

KC

There's the odd bit, usually me or my owd fella but nowt too bad. Definately less than RRE, dont know about Chaddy, its been a while! :mainstand: