Announcement now on fishul!

Your clubs policy is that everybody would have been admitted for half price, not exactly fair that is it? 8 minutes football for half price.

You think I am going to stick up for "my" club ? At time they infuriate me!

In all seriousness I could understand the frustration if we had decided to charge for the rematch but we haven't. How would you have felt had we a public policy saying that you would have had to pay half price for the return game and then after discussions that took say 2 days we changed our minds to offer it for free? Imagine the 2 days of furore saying what a scandalous policy it was!

In the end your club has done a very good thing... but people where moaning and complaining quite legitimately before that and a couple of those moans and complaints still remain very valid now.

They should never been any question or doubt what would happened. It has been handled poorly and has broken league rules. If someone wants to complain to the Football League then great I say.

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You think I am going to stick up for "my" club ? At time they infuriate me!

In the end your club has done a very good thing... but people where moaning and complaining quite legitimately before that and a couple of those moans and complaints still remain very valid now.

They should never been any question or doubt what would happened. It has been handled poorly and has broken league rules. If someone wants to complain to the Football League then great I say.

Complain about what? Sorry for being thick but I don't see the issue here?

Have you got a :censored: load of money or something? I cant afford £25 (adult and child ticket) for 8 mins of football + the travel costs, does that make me a worse person than you and plenty of other gobby opinionated plonkers on here who have nothing constructive to bring to the table other than criticise others comments and beliefs.

Grow up!

Au contraire, I'm in quite a lot of debt as it happens.

So you're ranting at me and coming out with 'childish name calling' yet I'm the one that needs to grow up? :lol:

Too much indignation. It's all sorted, I suspect this outcome was always the intended one, what's the problem? Look forward to the rematch. No harm done. A few extra costs incurred - travel, potentially a bit more grub - but I'm sure most people are capable of shifting a few quid around here and there.

Storm in a teacup. All this talk of poring over the Football League rules and regulations is a bit much.

RochdaleAFC, stay on here a bit longer and you'll get used to the high volume of crap that's banded about (something which has become even more widespread over the past few months). The pages of abuse and accusations to Rochdale which stemmed out of the fact that it took probably a day longer than it should've done to release ticket information about a game still without a date is as unsurprising as it is ridiculous.

RochdaleAFC, stay on here a bit longer and you'll get used to the high volume of crap that's banded about (something which has become even more widespread over the past few months). The pages of abuse and accusations to Rochdale which stemmed out of the fact that it took probably a day longer than it should've done to release ticket information about a game still without a date is as unsurprising as it is ridiculous.

Simon Corney announced that it should be free within 2 hours of the abandonment. Latics receive a share of the gate, so from a Latics perspective, they did not want to charge again.

How long did it take for Dale to say the exact same thing?

If you believe they were planning on no charge all along, good for you.

Incidentally, did you know that laws get changed due to public pressure? Even things like consumer regulations!

Simon Corney announced that it should be free within 2 hours of the abandonment. Latics receive a share of the gate, so from a Latics perspective, they did not want to charge again.

How long did it take for Dale to say the exact same thing?

If you believe they were planning on no charge all along, good for you.

Incidentally, did you know that laws get changed due to public pressure? Even things like consumer regulations!

I'm sure Rochdale did think about charging for the game. Another set of policing costs which won't have been the same at Hartlepool vs Notts Co. The abandonment could cost Rochdale a fair sum.

It's great and right that they've come to this decision even if it took a couple of days to make. What's with all the rush anyways? The game isn't going to take place anytime soon, the fixture date is to be decided on Monday.

What he said.

Storm in a teacup. All this talk of poring over the Football League rules and regulations is a bit much.

Their has to be something for us to do when we are not moaning about the owners, the club, the football on offer, the players, the matchday experience.. :wink: