Announcement now on fishul!

I for one had a good time last night. Radcliffe Arms at 6 o'clock, a few beers with a couple of friends, brief look at Spotland and home in time to keep the wife happy. Disappointed as I was at the match being abandoned I will certainly not be boycotting anything and when we play the re-arranged fixture I will be there whether or not I have to pay, and I will probably buy a pie and a pint as well.

:censored: happens - live with it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Rochdale doing anything other than let anyone who has a ticket stub for the original match in at no extra cost to the rearranged game. For a start a lot of people will go ape:censored:e, including their own fans. Also they'll be seen to be profiteering from a game which should have already been played, and risk upsetting their own fans which given their average gate is something they probably can't afford to do.

I can't see Rochdale doing anything other than let anyone who has a ticket stub for the original match in at no extra cost to the rearranged game. For a start a lot of people will go ape:censored:e, including their own fans. Also they'll be seen to be profiteering from a game which should have already been played, and risk upsetting their own fans which given their average gate is something they probably can't afford to do.

+1

Prob reading to much into this, but does anyone else think the two clubs are disagreeing over it? The other games that were abandoned had the announcement of charge on within an hour after the abandonment, we know where corney stands on this as he has been on the radio saying oldham fans wont have to pay to get back in.. nothing from the dale side though?

Prob reading to much into this, but does anyone else think the two clubs are disagreeing over it? The other games that were abandoned had the announcement of charge on within an hour after the abandonment, we know where corney stands on this as he has been on the radio saying oldham fans wont have to pay to get back in.. nothing from the dale side though?

Probably, there's a discussion on the Dale site (Col Dale - I think he's summat to do with the club), testing the water to see if they'd pay up to a fiver for the rearranged game to cover Police Costs of £15,000 - personally I'd say no to that as it would cost £10 for me and my son so we'd be paying 40% of the original cost of the family ticket I bought!

Probably, there's a discussion on the Dale site (Col Dale - I think he's summat to do with the club), testing the water to see if they'd pay up to a fiver for the rearranged game to cover Police Costs of £15,000 - personally I'd say no to that as it would cost £10 for me and my son so we'd be paying 40% of the original cost of the family ticket I bought!

I shouldn't think it would go down well with Dale fans if they had to pay a fiver and Latics fans nothing.

Edited by BP1960

I for one had a good time last night. Radcliffe Arms at 6 o'clock, a few beers with a couple of friends, brief look at Spotland and home in time to keep the wife happy. Disappointed as I was at the match being abandoned I will certainly not be boycotting anything and when we play the re-arranged fixture I will be there whether or not I have to pay, and I will probably buy a pie and a pint as well.

:censored: happens - live with it.

I love that quote, it kinda smacks of I'm that guy that really is cool, laid back and with it man. When in fact most in life quite rightly don't put up with :censored: happening. It appears your wife doesn't either given you've admitted going home early made her happy.

Edited by Lags

while i am in semi agreement with the boycott idea, surely it would benefit our players playing in front of 3 n half thousend tics creatin a great atmos than an empty stand.

I agree, but my principles would win out. I wouldn't go.

EDIT -unless its in the dale end, for free if my mates dad is still on holiday when its rearranged

Edited by pukka

I paid for two rochdale tickets on my card and got a reciept, printed on what looks like a latics ticket.

Receipt probably not linked to ticket number.

Scenario: two stubs presented for replacement tickets and receipt presented for two replacement tickets - see the problem?

they said there would be an announcement on thursday (today) lunchtime re: ticket arrangements?

Hmm.

Just sent a complaint e-mail to the Football League regarding the whole debacle. Failure to announce it yesterday morning was bad enough, but we are still waiting and that is a joke.

I think it's not been announced yet because the clubs can't agree .

Latics want free entry and Dale want to charge !!!!!!!!!

Just how do you know that? Have Dale spoken to you?

Wait until the decision is announced before you go accusing.

Just how do you know that? Have Dale spoken to you?

Wait until the decision is announced before you go accusing.

I am only thinking of why the delay when 2 other clubs on the same night have already announced ticket plans for the replays.

There should be a league policy that states you pay the same % of the ticket price as how much of the game was played - ie we saw 9 min = 10% of match so we pay 10% of ticket for replay = £2

Sounds fair and then everybody knows where they stand including the clubs.

Edited by losesome

I am only thinking of why the delay when 2 other clubs on the same night have already announced ticket plans for the replays.

There should be a league policy that states you pay the same % of the ticket price as how much of the game was played - ie we saw 9 min = 10% of match so we pay 10% of ticket for replay = £2

Sounds fair and then everybody knows where they stand including the clubs.

The customer charter of the Football league states:

"If any of the Football League should be postponed before kick-off, ticket holders will be entitled to free admission to the rearranged game.If the match should be abandoned after kick-off, ticket holders will be entitled to half price admission to the rearranged match."

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Cust...,,10794,00.html see section 5

Edited by LaticsLee