Highlight of the day

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'You can't be offside from a goal kick' :shock:

Oldham fan, around 40 years old and looked quite normal :disappointed:

Right, not like me to try and intentionally make a prat of myself :wink: but i've just been reading up on this and am getting conflicting reports!!!

It seems that you can't be offside from a goalkick, i can't believe that and if not why the hell do the back four line up to catch the attacker offside :shock:

I'm now totally confuse :blink:

No apologies until i'm completely sure :wink:

The highlight of the day for me was a mini pitch invasion for a disallowed goal.

Is a 3 year ban worth it for a goal that never stood??! After todays showing, the answer is, undoubtedly, YES!

He was outside waiting for his mates at the end of the game...........not a copper in sight :shock:

Well take it from me, you CANNOT be offside from a goalkick. The reason the backfour line up, is to catch them offside after a flick on. Its amazing how many players don't know this rule either.

Highlight of the day is me learning the offside from goalkick rules :wink:

Just checked on FA site and you can't be offside from a direct corner neither :wink:

Apologies all round :blush:

It takes a bigger man an all that :grin:

Now in all honesty, who else knew that? Come on man up!!!!

Just checked on FA site and you can't be offside from a direct corner neither :wink:

whats a direct corner? Is it the opposite of an indirect one? :grin:

Does ANYONE actually know what offside is anymore? The authorities have messed about with the laws of the game so much that offside is an extremely murky and confusing rule to try and implement. What with active, second phase, coming back into play, not interfering with play, etc, etc.

They should either scrap it altogether or go back to the trusted method of old. Personally, I'd scrap it. Bring a few more goals about if nothing else!

Does ANYONE actually know what offside is anymore? The authorities have messed about with the laws of the game so much that offside is an extremely murky and confusing rule to try and implement. What with active, second phase, coming back into play, not interfering with play, etc, etc.

They should either scrap it altogether or go back to the trusted method of old. Personally, I'd scrap it. Bring a few more goals about if nothing else!

Schoolboy rules, I like it.

I wouldn't mind seeing "fly goalies" being brought into the Professional game.

As you can't be offfside if you are behind the ball when it is played it would be quite an achievement to be offside froma corner even if it were within the laws to be so.