Barry Owen............

Barry Owen  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Simple, stay or go??

• Stay
    • Go

............ In the words of The Clash, should he stay or should he go?

I for one have had enough of his knee-jerk reactions and constant berating of the fans, he's archaic and offers nothing by way of progression or innovation. Now that's my opinion, what's yours?

I say put it to the vote, let the people decide!!

Anyone going to set it as a poll or is this post about to mysteriously disappear :shock:

Edited by smartzatart

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one have had enough of his knee-jerk reactions and constant berating of the fans, he's archaic and offers nothing by way of progression or innovation. He's out of his depth, unwanted and dare i say despised by many!!

Now that's my opinion, what's yours?

Anyone going to set it as a poll or is this post about to mysteriously disappear :shock:

Feel free to put a poll up

Barry Owen is a member of this forum, a fan of Oldham Athletic and, most importantly, a human being.

Am I the only one who finds these personal attacks unpalatable?

Democratic view mate, no personal attack on Barry intended.

I offered an opinion of the fan's representitive not Barry Owen the man!!

I for one have had enough of his knee-jerk reactions and constant berating of the fans, he's archaic and offers nothing by way of progression or innovation. He's out of his depth, unwanted and dare i say despised by many!!

Now that's my opinion, what's yours?

I'm not saying i'm Barry's biggest fan, never met the fella, but i've stuck up for him on here before and i'm going to do it again. I know he puts his foot in it occasionally but he is Latics through and through and his heart is undoubtedly in the right place. He could do what the rest of us do ie. pay his £20 and watch the game and then go to the boozer or he could take the more difficult option and put his neck on the line. To me that speaks volumes. I can't see the perks he gets being anything to shout about so for me, Barry should STAY. There's a lot of us on here (me included) who talk tripe for fun but couldn't be arsed getting off our trumpers to actully do something about it......

Who gives the OP the right to start something unofficial like this?

It's an open forum.

I've not voted though. I'm not sure that now is the time to start rocking the boat on this one. That 3% may yet prove to be rather valuable to supporters and replacing Barry at this stage (rumoured buyer etc) doesn't strike me as the cleverest timing.

Votes of confidence in matters like this should be held with members

Some would suggest the last election involving "fan on the board" was, perhaps, in line with something you'd see in Burma. As I'm not a member of the Trust that's not for me to say though.

Edited by opinions4u

Here's a thought, join the trust and put yourself up for election

Therein lies the problem though Mark. This is not directed at smartzatart or any one person in particular, but too many people are all too happy to get behind their keyboard with criticisms/rallying cries etc, yet all too few are willing to put themselves forward, stick their own necks on the line, and work to change what they feel is wrong/not working etc.

Therein lies the problem though Mark. This is not directed at smartzatart or any one person in particular, but too many people are all too happy to get behind their keyboard with criticisms/rallying cries etc, yet all too few are willing to put themselves forward, stick their own necks on the line, and work to change what they feel is wrong/not working etc.

Just out of interest Carl, how many of the Trust Directorship of 7 are married with young kids that have commitments 5 nights a week, playing Rugby, Dancing, Brownies and Scouts etc...????????

If I could devote the time I would have stood to be a director years ago, however someone like me who says what they think I can't see being very welcome...

I am a member of the Labour party yet feel no need to run for election... As much as I dislike Ed...

I haven't the time or the passion to do what Barry does and to that extent I take my hat off to him. That doesn't mean I think he is doing a great job or is the one I want representing me on the board (yea yea I don't go).

Maybe giving the fans a vote on who represents them would be a start. I got one during the Labour election and my man loss. I give Ed more support than I give Barry. I can live with the majority verdict reached.

The trust could learn something from that...

Just out of interest Carl, how many of the Trust Directorship of 7 are married with young kids that have commitments 5 nights a week, playing Rugby, Dancing, Brownies and Scouts etc...????????

If I could devote the time I would have stood to be a director years ago, however someone like me who says what they think I can't see being very welcome...

I certainly don't have the time... I do have money though I would happily donate to a cause I believed in... Not everyone has to lead... Every leader needs faithful and loyal troops to follow his lead. But they have to believe in that leader...

I want to be lead... but the currently leaders are going in the wrong direction for my liking...

Edited by oafc0000

Here's a thought OP, join the trust and put yourself up for election

I wouldn't want the 'role' my friend, damned if you do, damned if you don't!! However I'm sure there are a number of people out there that feel they could add value and relate with the everyday fan.

If it's a fans representitive then it should be / have been open to all fans, not just members of the trust.

I kinda hope that Barry gets the old vote of confidence on here, that way we can stop the sniping and let him get on with whatever it is he's getting on with. Let's face it, this board is the bridge from the fans to the board, they read it and act accordingly!!

As I said Prosac, I am not directing this at any one person. And put it this way, I think there would be a substantial amount of people who are having a pop who are not married with young kids, who could quite easilly spare the time and bring something to the table, but instead choose to stand back and snipe.

As I said Prosac, I am not directing this at any one person. And put it this way, I think there would be a substantial amount of people who are having a pop who are not married with young kids, who could quite easilly spare the time and bring something to the table, but instead choose to stand back and snipe.

Exactly, if there's an avenue open to such people then maybe they might step up to the plate.

Exactly, if there's an avenue open to such people then maybe they might step up to the plate.

In order to nominate a director to the board, a director needs to be nominated by two trust members. I will gladly lend my vote as a member to anyone who wants to put themselves forward.