198 members have voted

1. 1. Simple, stay or go??

• Stay
    • Go

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there has been at least one story on the website advertising for directors since the new website launched in Jan. Received zero response.

I could very easilly put up another news article and advertise this in the programme if it will satisfy a few, but I would wager that the response will still be extremely low to zero.

Plus another . Agreed.

You know, it probably isn't fair!!

Maybe i'm just sick of reading crap on here on both side of the fence in relation to the trust, trust director etc!!

I ain't about to apologise but in retrospect maybe it's a tad harsh to conduct a poll in this way.

Mods, remove it if you wish, however maybe it might be food for thought for others in the future.

And there has been at least one story on the website advertising for directors since the new website launched in Jan. Received zero response.

I could very easilly put up another news article and advertise this in the programme if it will satisfy a few, but I would wager that the response will still be extremely low to zero.

Is this really down to people not giving a rats arse or not wanting to get involved with a failed organisation (the way I see it) with a set of ideals they don't agree with...

I come back to me being a Labour member... Easier to a member of Labour working with like minded people than infiltrate the Torys and turn them into Labour... Granted, there is no other party in this situation....

I don't mind the trust really. I don't agree or support what they attempt to do. I feel a little pived about the money I put into it and what I got back but that is a LONG time ago now. But generally they aren't of interest to me. I don't see how getting involved with the trust helps. I think there needs to be a fresh movement personally with a fresh leader. Unless of course the trust is seeing massive backing and is exactly what people want.

Edited by oafc0000

You can't just vote "go" unless you're willing to have a go yourself or know someone who wants to and who will. You can't just have "I hate that person" without offering an alternative. Get involved if you want things changed. Don't just sit there.

Yes you can as it is your personal opinion.

Who mentioned anything about hate? If they did then they have amended it or their meaning.

I admit i dont know much about the trust etc.. but what does Barry actually do that represents the fans? It always seems recently he has been criticising people like maddog for simply not trusting into a scheme like the player scheme.. Surely as the fans representative Barry should be regularly posting with whats going on within the club (to a certain extent) and airing the fans views to the board. When has their been a Q&A with Barry asking fans what questions they want answering and asking the club and then reporting back? Yes i know to a certain extent, but how often has something like that ever been done? The only time i have known something like this to happen has been when two fans on here (Leeslover and Latics something i think?) have gone to the club and done this when they got invited to by the club, surely as fans representative on the board it should be Barry doing this? I know i'm young, naive, air of cockiness about me etc.. so i might have missed stuff like this.. i'm happy to stand corrected if proven wrong..

............ In the words of The Clash, should he stay or should he go?

I for one have had enough of his knee-jerk reactions and constant berating of the fans, he's archaic and offers nothing by way of progression or innovation. He's out of his depth, unwanted and dare i say despised by many!!

Now that's my opinion, what's yours?

I say put it to the vote, let the people decide!!

Anyone going to set it as a poll or is this post about to mysteriously disappear :shock:

Talk about lynch mob mentality -

Some of you guys have absolutley no idea what goes on behind the scenes and the amount of work and commitment that people put in.

If you want to spout cr*p like this then find out what the process is for putting yourself uo for the job.

IF you can't be bothered then SHUT up ass :angry:

Talk about lynch mob mentality -

Some of you guys have absolutley no idea what goes on behind the scenes and the amount of work and commitment that people put in.

If you want to spout cr*p like this then find out what the process is for putting yourself uo for the job.

IF you can't be bothered then SHUT up ass :angry:

As i said my friend, it's all about opinions :wink:

And opinions like that are not welcome unless you can offer something else.

Not welcome by who ? You ?

I welcome his opinon, good, bad, ugly or indifferent...

I don't think he meant anything personal by his posts... He is clearly talking about Barry in a professional and not personal capacity... Even if the language could of been better...

As i said my friend, it's all about opinions :wink:

For the amount of :censored:e the guy as had to put up with from the Fans in the last 18 months i cant believe he still represents the fans as the internal voice. I for one would have said a few choice words along the lines of "you ungrateful bastards i put a lot of my own time into this but only recieve stick for it, now do it yourself"

I may have been perceived, not without reason, as one of Barry's leading critics, but I have (*acknowleges likelihood of being shown to be a liar*) not sought to make it personal. It is hard though when he is personally rude himself, and it's no solution to have people answering his questions on his behalf when the answers they have given clearly don't reflect his own feelings when he goes into the boardroom (with our 3% paying his entry fee). If Barry's honest feelings aren't acceptable to the mainstream of the fans then I think we should know about it so that we have some idea what he might actually be advocating behind closed doors.

Yes you can as it is your personal opinion.

Who mentioned anything about hate? If they did then they have amended it or their meaning.

I admit i dont know much about the trust etc.. but what does Barry actually do that represents the fans? It always seems recently he has been criticising people like maddog for simply not trusting into a scheme like the player scheme.. Surely as the fans representative Barry should be regularly posting with whats going on within the club (to a certain extent) and airing the fans views to the board. When has their been a Q&A with Barry asking fans what questions they want answering and asking the club and then reporting back? Yes i know to a certain extent, but how often has something like that ever been done? The only time i have known something like this to happen has been when two fans on here (Leeslover and Latics something i think?) have gone to the club and done this when they got invited to by the club, surely as fans representative on the board it should be Barry doing this? I know i'm young, naive, air of cockiness about me etc.. so i might have missed stuff like this.. i'm happy to stand corrected if proven wrong..

The hate was hypothetical. But I just don't think it's good enough to criticise someone without being able to say, "You're not doing it well, so I will."

Similarly, for those who say the trust has failed, can you make the existing model work, or would you like a different one. If so, what?

The Barry baiting is beyond the pale. Get offline and get involved - that's worth more than any number of words, words, words.

Leave the poll up. You are all entitled to your views and I would rather it be said if thats how you feel.

I offer on a regular basis to meet individuals or groups of fans and will answer virtually anything I am able to give you.

I say it as it is and that does not suit everyone. Why not, that is what the majority of you do yourselves.

I am passionate about the club and my role in representing your best interests. I just do not brag about the innovations and efforts that are made when the "club are listening to fans".

I hold no personal grudges but like it or not I will tell you if I disagree with you.

Never has there been a time when everyone need to work together and I aint going to start divisions now. We all make mistakes and I have made many in the past. Many would be keen to point those out from the early days. !!!!!!.

Barry

Leave the poll up. You are all entitled to your views and I would rather it be said if thats how you feel.

I offer on a regular basis to meet individuals or groups of fans and will answer virtually anything I am able to give you.

I say it as it is and that does not suit everyone. Why not, that is what the majority of you do yourselves.

I am passionate about the club and my role in representing your best interests. I just do not brag about the innovations and efforts that are made when the "club are listening to fans".

I hold no personal grudges but like it or not I will tell you if I disagree with you.

Never has there been a time when everyone need to work together and I aint going to start divisions now. We all make mistakes and I have made many in the past. Many would be keen to point those out from the early days. !!!!!!.

Barry

As i said Barry, it's not a personal attack or a slant on Barry Owen the man. I don't believe there is a justification for having a fans voice on the board, the board can gauge their opinions from the fans on here. You are limited to what you can tell us and as such, what is the point in your role?

What little you may be able to tell us at this moment won't add anything to what we already know, you can't quell the speculation, dismay or fear that we the real fans are feeling. I know about your part in the Hughes deal but on a day to day basis what's going on at present, are we on the brink, is there a master plan and can we rest assured that we'll be playing football come 2011??

These are the questions we need answering but unfortunately you can't answer them!!

Smartz. I know your points are not personal and I did not take it that way.

Like almost all other clubs at the moment we live from week to week , gate to gate. Forward planning does occur because you have to gauge all your incoming debts etc. The Board of Directors are constantly in touch with each other and meet monthly when the finances are re-assessed. The Huddersfield gate on Saturday plus the Car Park take will help enourmously. Other streams of income likely to occur in coming months are also taken into account.

What should be appreciated is that we have an excellent record of paying our bills and yes there are creditors but far less than other clubs.

Administration has been used by some clubs in the past as the easy option to avoid their responsibilities and that is why such a high points penalty is invoked.

I do not beleive that will occur at Oldham and I also believe our club will be around next season. Our player contracts next year are not has committed as at present and the manager will be able to re-build. We took on a good manager and staff and had we not been confident in going forward we would have gone for cheaper options. Whatever people say or think the Oldham Club has got a good forward thinking Board.

You asked for my commitment on these issues and I have offered my personal opinion.

Barry

Everything's hunky dory

Barry

Barry

What's the latest on Failsworth? It's been suspiciously quiet for quite some time now and the last I heard some time ago was the council were offering some charitable status land elsewhere in the borough/area to keep the Failsworth burning torch and pitchfork crew happy. But this was ages ago now, what's happening?

Barry

What's the latest on Failsworth? It's been suspiciously quiet for quite some time now and the last I heard some time ago was the council were offering some charitable status land elsewhere in the borough/area to keep the Failsworth burning torch and pitchfork crew happy. But this was ages ago now, what's happening?

We are genuinely in the hands of the council on this one but work continues in the background on the move.

Barry

Smartz. I know your points are not personal and I did not take it that way.

Like almost all other clubs at the moment we live from week to week , gate to gate. Forward planning does occur because you have to gauge all your incoming debts etc. The Board of Directors are constantly in touch with each other and meet monthly when the finances are re-assessed. The Huddersfield gate on Saturday plus the Car Park take will help enourmously. Other streams of income likely to occur in coming months are also taken into account.

What should be appreciated is that we have an excellent record of paying our bills and yes there are creditors but far less than other clubs.

Administration has been used by some clubs in the past as the easy option to avoid their responsibilities and that is why such a high points penalty is invoked.

I do not beleive that will occur at Oldham and I also believe our club will be around next season. Our player contracts next year are not has committed as at present and the manager will be able to re-build. We took on a good manager and staff and had we not been confident in going forward we would have gone for cheaper options. Whatever people say or think the Oldham Club has got a good forward thinking Board.

You asked for my commitment on these issues and I have offered my personal opinion.

Barry

Thank you.