Warren Feeney

:gossip: Just been to swop my Rochdale tickets and seen Warren Feeney limping back from what appears the hospital in a lot of pain :stretcher: he was being helped by the physio and a lady that works at Latics (sorry don't know either of them by name).

Didn't look very good for the lad, but he hasn't set the world on fire for us at present so let's hope it's not to bad and he quickly recovers and starts banging them in.

Ian G.

:gossip: Just been to swop my Rochdale tickets and seen Warren Feeney limping back from what appears the hospital in a lot of pain :stretcher: he was being helped by the physio and a lady that works at Latics (sorry don't know either of them by name).

Didn't look very good for the lad, but he hasn't set the world on fire for us at present so let's hope it's not to bad and he quickly recovers and starts banging them in.

Ian G.

:petesake: looking like that goal at Accy could be even more special

Visually I would buy a tshirt with I was there when Feeney scored on it :lol:

He was later readmitted to hospital with what appears to be a back injury, and as of 8pm last night, looked to be staying at least overnight.

International duty? Not this weekend, son!

Lets hope he doesnt get picked for N.I again so he can concentrate on putting in the same effort for his club that he does for his country !

Injury has been officially announced on the club's website - but only as a doubt for Saturday.

Just as he’d finally scored – and looked like he would be starting too. Massively unlucky......................but is that what we’ll be saying at the end of the season about him. It’s been such a fractured start to his time here; with injury & all those bloody N.I call up’s.....

He wouldn't play anyway due to international call up, Brooke is a likely replacement. http://is.gd/gVLXK

Saw that he played for the reserves mid week – someone (takemeanywhere?) like to surmise how fit / sharp he looked?

For me; Brooke was the stand-out performer in pre-season – and the 1 example (at that time) of the impact of the new regime on the same set of players. Last season; he looked a gangly; timid little youth player; who just got bounced about and out-muscled & out fought.............in pre-season; he looked stronger, fitter, hungrier and had more of an edge to his game; he also worked as hard as any ‘worker striker’ I’ve seen (Warne, the Manager etc) and also got himself on the score-sheet a couple of times. I had him down a certain 1st choice up front. It’ll be interesting to see how he shows after the injury; as it may have dented his confidence just as much as it did physically injuring him.

Injury has been officially announced on the club's website - but only as a doubt for Saturday.

In the article, PD states ...

"It is disappointing because Monday and Tuesday was the best Warren had trained since he arrived at the club......"

Don't know what anyone else thinks but three months seems a long time to reach the 'best' level of training - even accounting for injuries.

In the article, PD states ...

"It is disappointing because Monday and Tuesday was the best Warren had trained since he arrived at the club......"

Don't know what anyone else thinks but three months seems a long time to reach the 'best' level of training - even accounting for injuries.

I'm actually wondering if we gave him a medical/fitness test before he signed? :unsure:

If we did and he passed, I would check his family tree for any lookalikes he may have used :grin:

Edited by Hornbloweroafc