Terriers!

I must admit, despite not much with regards a Latics player's performance escaping me, I pay little attention to the opposition players. To me they've always just been eleven numbered and evil drones. It's something I'm going to address, though it has meant that pretty much everybody gets a clean Stitch slate when we sign them. :)

Too many years of watching football on the TV, Championship Manager & latterly Football Manager; has filled my head with (mostly useless) football info.........I'm sure others are the same????

Quite why i knew the Plymouth lad Noone who scored against us a few weeks back was from Skelmersdale and had played non-league before they (Plymouth) signed him is beyond me; but i did......

Helps out when Latics are linked with and / or sign players though.........................

Too many years of watching football on the TV, Championship Manager & latterly Football Manager; has filled my head with (mostly useless) football info.........I'm sure others are the same????

Quite why i knew the Plymouth lad Noone who scored against us a few weeks back was from Skelmersdale and had played non-league before they (Plymouth) signed him is beyond me; but i did......

Helps out when Latics are linked with and / or sign players though.........................

Ah, I remember that 'condition' - I managed to give up the vice that is Championship Manager at about 16. I suppose this was a benefit of not being able to smoke weed in the house....

Ah, I remember that 'condition' - I managed to give up the vice that is Championship Manager at about 16. I suppose this was a benefit of not being able to smoke weed in the house....

Ha!

Gave up at about 16 years old too when ‘other activities’ took over.....but weirdly; took up the obsession again at Uni.....and it’s still there.

[Cribbed from Jason Manford] It is a bit too much when i put my suit on to attend press conferences, and stitching my initials on my pyjama top was possibly a step too far............

As for opposition players – I’ve always paid attention to them; especially the ones who are the danger-men as the game(s) progresses.......and it’s not just ‘red boots’ or ‘crap hair’ that i seem to be able to remember! :wink:

... and remember to buy lots of pies and beer at the ground.

Don't bother with the pies and beer, Latics don't benefit from the sale.

You could buy some Strike it Lucky cards and several programmes though, one for yourself and others for mates who couldn't attend.

Edited by laticsrblue

So you lot are quietly confident about tomorrow then?

It's just that when opposing teams fans have said they've no chance etc etc. e.g. Bristol and Plymouth fans who were particularly negative about their team, they went and beat us. Where as those bursting full of confidence were swept aside! So how's it going to go folks? :wink:

Up nice and early as usual on a match day, dog walked etc. with a slightly different schedule ahead of me. Going into work in Leeds for a couple of hours but away by 12noon, then meet up with an old my mate for a lift over the hill on the M62. Should arrive by 12.45ish. He's driving on to watch his beloved Man City and I'll be left to find a few watering holes before our game. I like the Rifle Range and the Greyhound so I'll be visiting those two (a least).

As for the game...well...! It takes a long time to forget all the :censored:e we've had to endure over the years at Huddersfield Town so as a result my head is trained into thinking we'll bugger this one up and come away with nothing...In reality there's massive changes taking place and a new era is threatening to open up for us so those old feeling and emotions are not exactly a fair reflection these days. In short, we have an exciting new team who on their day can hold their own in the League above never mind this one. It's all a matter of confidence and belief not just for the Town fans but for the players too. Lee Clark is forever saying 'I believe in my playaz' but now we're entering a crucial period there they have to demonstrate that faith and belief. A good professional performance and a win today will go a long way to convincing anyone who is doubtful that this is our year.

Oldham are no push overs at home obviously and the Terriers will have to work hard, match their play and have enough skill and determination to come out on top. Thankfully the wind has subsided (over here in Yorkshire at least) so the weather shouldn't be so much of a factor. I'd like to think we can nick this one but I realise it's going to a difficult task. Basically 'IF' we can play at a high tempo and take the game to Oldham, break quickly and work hard when they have the ball I'm convinced we'll be victorious. If we don't then the result could go either way!

See you all there and may the best team win! :wink:

Up nice and early as usual on a match day, dog walked etc. with a slightly different schedule ahead of me. Going into work in Leeds for a couple of hours but away by 12noon, then meet up with an old my mate for a lift over the hill on the M62. Should arrive by 12.45ish. He's driving on to watch his beloved Man City and I'll be left to find a few watering holes before our game. I like the Rifle Range and the Greyhound so I'll be visiting those two (a least).

As for the game...well...! It takes a long time to forget all the :censored:e we've had to endure over the years at Huddersfield Town so as a result my head is trained into thinking we'll bugger this one up and come away with nothing...In reality there's massive changes taking place and a new era is threatening to open up for us so those old feeling and emotions are not exactly a fair reflection these days. In short, we have an exciting new team who on their day can hold their own in the League above never mind this one. It's all a matter of confidence and belief not just for the Town fans but for the players too. Lee Clark is forever saying 'I believe in my playaz' but now we're entering a crucial period there they have to demonstrate that faith and belief. A good professional performance and a win today will go a long way to convincing anyone who is doubtful that this is our year.

Oldham are no push overs at home obviously and the Terriers will have to work hard, match their play and have enough skill and determination to come out on top. Thankfully the wind has subsided (over here in Yorkshire at least) so the weather shouldn't be so much of a factor. I'd like to think we can nick this one but I realise it's going to a difficult task. Basically 'IF' we can play at a high tempo and take the game to Oldham, break quickly and work hard when they have the ball I'm convinced we'll be victorious. If we don't then the result could go either way!

See you all there and may the best team win! :wink:

You post way too many sensible comments to be a true Town fan :grin:

Well done Oldham Athletic on a brilliant performance particularly in the first half - you could have been well clear by then! First to every ball and quick on the break, I was really impressed. Not quite back to the drawing board for us but certainly time to consider our best formation. There's a long way to go yet but the little hic-cups are totally frustrating and just when you think the team is settling to a pattern. Oh well, we live again! :wink:

Well done Oldham Athletic on a brilliant performance particularly in the first half - you could have been well clear by then! First to every ball and quick on the break, I was really impressed. Not quite back to the drawing board for us but certainly time to consider our best formation. There's a long way to go yet but the little hic-cups are totally frustrating and just when you think the team is settling to a pattern. Oh well, we live again! :wink:

And well done for returning to a "foreign" forum after a defeat! We should have buried you in the first half. Felt a bit uncomfotable when the 5 minutes stoppage time went up though.

I was wandering through BBC's 606 forum last night .... a handful of Huddersfield fans appear to have caught the "Billy Big Bollocks" disease that affected so many Leeds United supporters over the past few seasons. Glad you seem a bit more balanced.

My favourite quote was ...

History makes Huddersfield Town a big club.

Huddersfield town

Arsenal

Liverpool

Manchester United

Four Clubs with one thing in common,League Champions 3 years in a row.

What have Oldham ever won?

It's almost like a Frenchman claiming superiority for the Battle of Hastings!

Edited by opinions4u

It was a very decent game and thats as well as we've played at home this season, especially first half.

I thought you edged the second half and we were hanging on a bit at the end, a good and much needed win for us after last week.

You've got some decent players and no doubt you'll be there or there abouts come April.

It was a very decent game and thats as well as we've played at home this season, especially first half.

I thought you edged the second half and we were hanging on a bit at the end, a good and much needed win for us after last week.

You've got some decent players and no doubt you'll be there or there abouts come April.

Cheers mate! We weren't at the races for much of that match to be fair! We can and will play much better but in the meantime well played Oldham Athletic, you will no doubt feel justly proud of your lads after that! :grin:

Edited by Acetripper

Was Rhodes injured? Thought it was a bit of an odd decision to take him off when you were 1-0 down and desperate for a goal.

Cheers for filling our ground and for the 3 points. Can we play you every week? :grin:

Was Rhodes injured? Thought it was a bit of an odd decision to take him off when you were 1-0 down and desperate for a goal.

Cheers for filling our ground and for the 3 points. Can we play you every week? :grin:

Rhodes was getting no service and a bit bullied. The big lad they brought on changed the shape of the game and won everything in the air.

Cheers mate! We weren't at the races for much of that match to be fair! We can and will play much better but in the meantime well played Oldham Athletic, you will no doubt feel justly proud of your lads after that! :grin:

Just in case you’re still lurking around Mr Ace; thanks for this pre-game thread – genuinely nice to have a sensible & eloquent away poster come on here to talk players, formations and form; instead of the usual ‘we guna do ya on sat (sic) type posts that usually happen from away fans. And much ‘props’ (brap!) for coming back on after a loss to congratulate and be very glowing in praise of us. Have one of these>>> :applause1:

If you’re still around – is there now big pressure on Lee Clarke? I said at the start of the season; if you weren’t top by Christmas he’d be in trouble.....and i still stand by that. Surely with the money that’s been spent; both Chairman and Fans will be expecting and demanding automatic promotion? Also, what is the fans thoughts on Joey Gudjonsonn and Alan Lee – I actually sat next to all your non-match day squad players and they weren’t exactly ‘glowing’ in their thoughts, words & opinions of those 2 in particular....Is team spirit an issue in the camp at all?

Anyways, good luck for the rest of the season, thought you looked a decent L1 top table side on sat; you just happened to catch us on a day that we played some of the best stuff that we’ve played so far this season......

You were very effective; doubled up on our wingers every time which meant that we resorted to hoofing it upfield. Once Lee came on we looked slightly more effective, but noone capitalised on the space that he created.

Overall it was pretty even until you scored, although you probably had the better chances even then. Once you scored you dominated the first half and in the second half for all the ball that we had, you still looked most likely to score.

Slightly worrying as your gameplan worked wonders against us... last season once teams worked out how to play away at the Galpharm, we were constantly dropping points.

Don't bother with the pies and beer, Latics don't benefit from the sale.

You could buy some Strike it Lucky cards and several programmes though, one for yourself and others for mates who couldn't attend.

Thats not strictly true laticsrblue.

We get a minimum, and benefit if slaes go over a certain level, best of both worlds.

SO a day like Hudersfieldd, we'd certainly benefit from the extra sales.