latics v huddersfield

Should have finished 6-2 today. 1st half was where it was all at. Breathtaking at times. They just couldn't live with us. Morais, Omar, JVM and Furman (stupid booking apart) were all outstanding. Even the ref had a half decent game, let it flow without the usual flurry of cards that happens all too often these days.

2nd half they had more posession, but didn't really threaten. We again should have scored more and put it to bed.

The only down side was NO F....PIES AT HT. AGAIN!!!!! Sort it out Caterers FFS!!!!

Other than that, happy days. Well done lads!!

Without doubt our best performance for a few years, some of our football was a delight to watch and if we can continue to play like that there will be nothing to fear in this league.

If we had been 4 up at the break Huddersfield could not have complained....we really need to make more from the chances we are creating.

The back four were awesome especially Black and Hazell, my only gripe is im midfield where I wish Stephens would release the ball quicker and play the simple pass occasionally instead of the 'Hollywood' ball all the time.

We need to sign Moraise, on that form he is a class act and was my man of the match.

There was an extra 3/400 home fans today and entertainment like that will surely see them return.

Furman and Stephens were magnificent first half. Furman in particular.

A couple of notes of caution:

1) Must take clear cut chances when we create them, because on another day we'll drop points in a game we should have won easily.

2) I thought both Jones and Alessandra should have come on sooner - Morais and Evina were spent forces and two players who could hold the ball up more were much needed. EDIT: Just realised Lewis wasn't on the bench!

But: Terrific first half display. Solid second half display. Good value for the points, great atmpsphere and it's time the people of Oldham started flocking back to BP in far bigger numbers.

Well done to the management and those who played.

sorry if its already been posted but i though morais was banned for 3 matches... stanley huddersfield and the next game? anyone know anything?

I asked the question on here last week ... apparently the ban kicks in from next Saturday. No idea why!

Edited by opinions4u

Very proud of that display.

All I want is for away teams to know they've been in a game and not show up, take the mick and then the points. They knew they'd been in a game today.

There were some comments a while back about Terry McDermott watching us a few times and about how he'd be laughing on his way back over the hill having seen us play. Oh really :grin:

The cynic in me says maybe he'd rather miss the Dagenham game than the Dogdale one?

agreed padster, said to my mate before the game he would get booked today, and that was as daft and blatant as ever, deffo done on purpose, and im all for it

I loved that today. The atmosphere was like an away match. We were all over them. Such a fantastic team performance. And the loanees absolutely loved that goal evina just stared into the chaddy taking in the adulation. Some really brilliant passing football. I'm so proud tonight :grin:!

I think first half, we played absolutely brilliant, they couldnt deal with us going forward. Tonks did brilliant.

Second half, they tightened it at the back having a few chances.

Overall i think we deserved the win. Great atmosphere in the chaddy. Glad the team had a group huddle at the end. KEEP THE FAITH!!! LATICS!!

Heard a couple of Hudd's fans after the game sayin they were lucky to only be beaten by 1 goal.

That 1st half performance was the best iv seen us play in a long while! Second half we were solid without creating as much but looked awsome on the break! Defence was top notch!

A top team performance but special mentions to Tonks, Furman, M'voto and especially Moraise (get the lad signed up)