Top young player thread.

Apparently so.

Under our noses!

Not massively under our noses – City had him tracked from under 9’s! And he signed for them at 11! We wouldn’t have been able to compete.

He was actually a far better athlete than a footballer when he was at school; even though he was by far & way the best in his year at football – he was that good on the track. He still hold the Independent school youth records for long jump & triple jump; and won cross country titles too.

I was his form prefect when he was in first year! Taught him all he knows!! :wink:

Oh, Andrew Driver who plays for Hearts; made the England U-21’s squad for the last Euro competition, but has now decided he’d like to play for Scotland is from Oldham & went to Hulme too.......the story goes that a mate of his Dad sorted out the Hearts trial, they liked what they saw and he was signed dam near on the spot. Missed that one!!

Hulme Grammar wasn't it?

Used to play against him at hulme when I was at crompton house. Also ran against him in athletics. Saying he Is quick is a massive understatement!! He finished 2 seconds ahead of the rest! The lad was a beast at 14 years old. My mate still talks about the hat trick he got against hulme to this day when nedum was marking him!