Talk about a game of two halves!.........What happened?

We let a team we had completely dominated back into the match. Exeter deserve some credit for making a fist of it but we were very disjointed 2nd half'

I think they targeted winchesters inexperience because he had quite a torrid time 2nd half.

The football first half was superb and i could never see this coming in a million years. Gutted tonight.

We let a team we had completely dominated back into the match. Exeter deserve some credit for making a fist of it but we were very disjointed 2nd half'

I think they targeted winchesters inexperience because he had quite a torrid time 2nd half.

The football first half was superb and i could never see this coming in a million years. Gutted tonight.

agree....but after the leeds lad went off winchester seemed more exposed.

I know it's all doom and gloom, but on the brighter side we have 3 out of our last 4 we are 4 points off second with a game in hand, yes it was a poor giveaway tonight but PD will make them learn from it, let's pick ourselves up for the Dale game on Saturday

Poor substitutions. Dickov took off the pace that had been so effective all game.

Inexperienced management it comes down to.

Credit to Exeter they never gave in - PD has to take some of the blame tonight - took off all the width, altho I know White was shattered, then took of Taylor and Cedric and out on Ritchie Jones who had a torrid time, Feeney who again did not impress yet Winchester clearly was struggling but no help offered.

Shame to lose from 3 goals up but definately a lesson learned for the management team surely.

At least we all seem to be singing from the same sheet, Winchester was knackered second half, they'd targeted him in the first half but he dealt with it ok but it was inevitable watching it. When Jones came on he didnt want to know, didn't help Winchester out at all, although who can blame him when people are running to the bottom of the Rocky Road end to berate him(not gonna help is it?!)

Taylor should not have come off, Tounkara put in graft but when he sprinted after a full back needlessly, that was the last of his energy and he didnt even contest a header after that!

Furman should have gone right back and Jones in the middle, should have kept White on with his pace - he'd not had the ball second at all second half so wasn't exactly tired.

Exeter had given up at half-time, at least its not experienced players who folded then we would have right to be worried.

I know it's all doom and gloom, but on the brighter side we have 3 out of our last 4 we are 4 points off second with a game in hand, yes it was a poor giveaway tonight but PD will make them learn from it, let's pick ourselves up for the Dale game on Saturday

But will PD learn from his mistakes tonight? hopefully still great football compared to the last few seasons.

i was startin to think just maybe Oldham Athletic have turned a corner and stopped being :censored:. But no, back to normal. Only Latics

I think people need to look on the brighter side at the end of the day, yes we were poor last 15 minutes, yes PD made a mistake in taking out our width, but he's a young manager and he will learn from it and hopefully it won't happen again under Dickov, we could've won 4 on the bounce tonight and we have drawn, not even lost and it's back to same old Latics again.

i was startin to think just maybe Oldham Athletic have turned a corner and stopped being :censored:. But no, back to normal. Only Latics

They HAVE turned a corner many times this season just cast your mind back to last year and what we sat through week in week out no comparison.

I think people need to look on the brighter side at the end of the day, yes we were poor last 15 minutes, yes PD made a mistake in taking out our width, but he's a young manager and he will learn from it and hopefully it won't happen again under Dickov, we could've won 4 on the bounce tonight and we have drawn, not even lost and it's back to same old Latics again.

Not much to look on the bright side when your cruising at home 3-0 with 13 left to play

i really find it hard see a bright side

Still enjoyed the game - agree with all you say but it may be PD needs to learn from his mistakes as well - all round lessons to be learnt but hey how much better to watch that anything last season.

I blame jones too. Kinda. Totally agree that he didn't help Winchester at all which left him exposed blah blah. However, their two subs coming on changed the tempo of the game even before we made ours. Tbh none of our three had any effect when coming on. Moral of the story. Don't get cocky and take off your three most effective players!

Gutted, but we can still go 3rd if we beat rochdull. Onwards and upwards.

Got to agree about the subs, they were wrong. Stephens looked knackered and needed to come off for Jarrett, he was completely ineffective seconds half. The young right back had not support from Jones (who kept drifting into the middle) and Exeter took advantage. I felt for him as he was fantastic first half.

Feeney is a waste of a wage, under the kosh and he was floating around up front, should have dropped a little to try and keep the ball- this years K Parker.

I don't this Exeter earned the point, we threw it away. After the :censored: up from Brill for the first goal, heads just went.

They were offside in the lead up to the pen, i was practically in line with it and was a clearly off.

Two points dropped tonight, should have had 5-6 goals tonight

Massive disappointment. 3-0 up. Sent a text to my son at half time telling him the points were in the bag - should have known better!!!!!

What went wrong? - most of the posts reflect the exposure down our right hand side and question the substitutions.

I agree with the lack of cover but I don't think anyone should be critical of PD - he put in Jones and had every right to expect him to do his job but he failed miserably. Also I would point a finger at Stephens - his second half contribution was negligible - apart from losing the ball in the build up to Exeter's first goal. When that goal went in (courtesy of Brill's fumble), the old doubts came flooding back, heads dropped and there was no-one on the field to lift us - that's where we miss a real captain.

Will we learn anything from this? - I'd like to think so and no doubt PD will come up with the expected comments to tell us it won't happen again .... but this is Latics so we all know it will.

i really find it hard see a bright side

I know that it is really disappointing to throw a 3-0 lead away with 15 minutes left but what I am trying to get at is how much better we are playing this season, the overall atmosphere of the place is bustling, we are scoring (but conceding) and playing nice football, we could've gone third tonight, where were we this time last year??

And why are people saying "we played well for 75 minutes". Let's have it right, 45 minutes. 75 minutes is just when Exeter got their reward and finally capitalised on our woeful performance from the second half kick off. Aside from Stephens free kick at the end, when did we really threaten their goal in the second half? Furman, mid way through? Other than that I really can't remember, now look at the chances Exeter had, the shots wide, their build up play which we scrambled away nervously, now who dominated the second half?

We came out after half time thinking the game was won.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Did brill get a touch at the pen? I didn't think he had, and all credit to him I'd he did, but just thought it odd that they got a corner. Their third goal was just comedic. We musta had 7 on the line!

Yes 7 on the line but the goalie wasn't one of them !!

Win nowt with cr*p between the sticks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!