Mistakes

They say the only mistakes are the ones you don't learn from.

So let's learn from these two and move on.

1. Dean Brill is not, never has been and never will be a decent goalkeeper.

2. When your teenage full back is clearly shattered and being exposed - take him off.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2. When your teenage full back is clearly shattered and being exposed - take him off.

Brill has got the worlds most inappropriate name for a footballer -

Should change it to Dean :censored:estopper

Feels like we have lost , all through a basic error of his.

Ruined 75 minutes of total dominence and hard work by 10 other players !!!

Brill spilled one shot, a shot he shouldn't have even had to deal with given the space their player had. That was 3-1, look at the rest of the team, their lack of effort in the second half and look at Dickov's decisions before blaming Dean.

If we won 3-1 you wouldn't be saying anything about Brill.

The problems started after about 70 mins. We backed off and backed off. It was happening before the subsitutions.

I was dissapointed no one got themselves booked for a reckless challenge. If that was united, what would happen. at 3-1 they get the ball in the centre of the park ... BANG. Scholes comes in, floors someone - Booking. Breaks the play up. Why weren't we on the floor injured at 3-2? What would Drogba be doing? Lack of experience IMO. We will learn though. I'm annoyed, but there was plenty of positives too. I hope they aren't forgotten.

Edited by pukka

Exeter's first goal came from a shot that was very tricky to deal, hit low and with power. He'd have done excellently to held onto that.

Totally agree - yes could have done better but could easily done a lot worse.

It has to be said poor Winchester had a bit of a mare. He started pretty well and rode the outstanding first half mostly looking confident and composed, but he got a bit cocky for me. What was the 40 yard shot from by the touchline all about, with the keeper in position and an easy forward pass available? What was the toying with their winger, as our last man, which led to them getting a throw deep in our half about? Bit too laid back for my liking, bar of course, that lunge. :petesake:

Fluke result - once the second had gone in the third was inevitable (but then we should have been 5 up).

Where's Sean Gregan when you need him?

Brill spilled one shot, a shot he shouldn't have even had to deal with given the space their player had. That was 3-1, look at the rest of the team, their lack of effort in the second half and look at Dickov's decisions before blaming Dean.

If we won 3-1 you wouldn't be saying anything about Brill.

One spilled shot and it changed things totally.

Yes Exeter were getting the upper hand in the last 20 mis but that goal gave them the incentive they needed and suddenly they found another gear.

Bog standard shot that should have been saved and stayed at 3-0

BRILL cost us 2 points -

He is Sh*te and we will achieve nothing with him between the sticks except frustration.

Yes Exeter were getting the upper hand in the last 20 mis but that goal gave them the incentive they needed and suddenly they found another gear.

BRILL cost us 2 points -

He is Sh*te and we will achieve nothing with him between the sticks except frustration.

Brill saving that shot would have delayed the inevitable, Exeter had the momentum, they had time and they had space and they were tearing through Winchester like he wasn't there. The tide was turned at half time, not when Brill conceded. Brill should have done better, but it was in no way a turning point. They were already putting it on us.

Stop slagging off Brill and look at the bigger picture.

Attitude towards the game was poor second half, similar to that of Accrington! They thought they were too good again and sat back on a 3 goal lead - now that sounds okay to do but obvioisly not! one more goal would have killed them off but we just got deeper and deeper and the hit us.

anyway, chins up!

BRILL cost us 2 points -

You're talking :censored:e! A lot of other players need to question themselves for their second half performance, we were dominant in first half but never really got going in the second half. Just total compllacency from both players and manager. Probably a sign of the whole teams inexperience as opposed to one individual player

If you are 3-0 with 13 mins to go - 1 person does not cost you the points.

One mistake does though -

Up to that point all Exeter had to show for their efforts was Nil.

The first shot that brill had to deal with he couldn't save and it changed all that.

Yes their were other reasons that contributed ie Winchester being routed and that could have been avoided but facts are that without that Brill clanger we would have probably won 3-0 or 3-1 at worst.

The goal was a gift just when we were wobbling and he is so unreliable he needs replacing.

Wrong. There's a whole team of lads tonight that need to have a look at themselves, and they will. There is also a young manager that learned a valuable lesson at the expense of an easy three points. It isn't down to one individual.

Yes they will hopefully learn but Brill never does -

Makes basic mistakes that cost goals.

I know all goalies make them but he more than others.

I have yet to see an opposition goalie gift us goals like that.

When the team is wobbling you need the goalie to be making crucial saves,

he makes crucial mistakes.

No confidence in the guy , never have and never will.

Latics will achieve nothing long term whilst he is in nets.

+1. How many more times?

As many times as it takes, until Dickov realises how to out think the opponent.

He'd out thought him. We had 13 mins to hold onto a 3 goal lead. Any 11 would fancy their chances. Nerves, backing off an inexperience were at fault IMO.

Well as usual the knives come out for Dean Brill, but first I think it's important to say that Exeter had been creating chances since the half began and the problems were already well evident before that 1st goal went in. If you want someone to blame it's Dale Stephens for giving the ball away every single time he touched it in the second half, truly one of the most shocking 45 minutes i've seen anyone at any level play. Add to that Ritchie Jones ineptitude (a player who i've defended on here a number of times) and Warren Feeney's continued lack of impact of any discription whatsoever and you can see how it all went wrong. To be honest though it's hard to say anyone put a shift in in that second half, it was poor all round. Brill spilt a shot and got punished, he also saved a penalty (I presume he got fingertips to it as it was given as a corner and it didn't appear to hit his back). But of course, surely he's to blame when crosses were coming in over and over again and the opposition were being given time within 25 yards of goal.....

I think tonight just has to be put down as a game the players and manager need to learn from and move on. Everybody has bad games, Stephens was decent enough first half and he's had a half decent season. The team has won 3 in a row before tonight, we're still right up there with a game in hand, how about calling off the witch hunt tonight?

Sorry but how many mistakes has Brill made this season exactly? Are you sure you're not (like so many misguided/moronic others) holding onto the bad patch he had when he first arrived here? He's spilt one shot, shut the :censored: about it and realise he's a part of a defence that have done very well this year (and last for that matter). The only problem Brill really has is on set pieces, apart from that, he's good at one on ones, he's a decent shot stopper, he's saved his fair share of penalties and he communicates well with the back four. All that aside, yeah he's :censored:ing :censored:......

Well as usual the knives come out for Dean Brill, but first I think it's important to say that Exeter had been creating chances since the half began and the problems were already well evident before that 1st goal went in. If you want someone to blame it's Dale Stephens for giving the ball away every single time he touched it in the second half, truly one of the most shocking 45 minutes i've seen anyone at any level play. Add to that Ritchie Jones ineptitude (a player who i've defended on here a number of times) and Warren Feeney's continued lack of impact of any discription whatsoever and you can see how it all went wrong. To be honest though it's hard to say anyone put a shift in in that second half, it was poor all round. Brill spilt a shot and got punished, he also saved a penalty (I presume he got fingertips to it as it was given as a corner and it didn't appear to hit his back). But of course, surely he's to blame when crosses were coming in over and over again and the opposition were being given time within 25 yards of goal.....

I think tonight just has to be put down as a game the players and manager need to learn from and move on. Everybody has bad games, Stephens was decent enough first half and he's had a half decent season. The team has won 3 in a row before tonight, we're still right up there with a game in hand, how about calling off the witch hunt tonight?

Mistakes happen all over the pitch and sometimes when a defender makes one it leads to a goal.

Brill makes quite a few over the season , above average and nearly every mistakes ends up a goal.

The other players and manager will learn from tonight but Brill wont. he will make the same mistake again in another few games with the same result.

The one tonight was at a crucial time. Exeter were getting on top but at the end of the day it was a gift goal that propelled them onto the next level to score 2 more.

A goal that should never have come about.

The team just cannot rely on Brill , he is to prone to making expensive mistakes and needs replacing.

The most inappropriate name for a footballer i have ever heard !!!!!!!

Edited by losesome

Mistakes happen all over the pitch and sometimes when a defender makes one it leads to a goal.

Brill makes quite a few over the season , above average and nearly every mistakes ends up a goal.

The other players and manager will learn from tonight but Brill wont. he will make the same mistake again in another few games with the same result.

The one tonight was at a crucial time. Exeter were getting on top but at the end of the day it was a gift goal that propelled them onto the next level to score 2 more.

A goal that should never have come about.

The team just cannot rely on Brill , he is to prone to making expensive mistakes and needs replacing.

The most inappropriate name for a footballer i have ever heard !!!!!!!

You're saying he won't learn from spilling a bouncing ball by accident? How do you learn from that?

You, like many others have picked Brill out, much like the retarded people who picked Neil 'Premiership' Eardley out a few years back, how red faced they are now. Brill won't end up in the Prem but he's a decent keeper at this level. He makes the odd mistake but he also saves our asses enough times to make up for it. Everey year there must be a scapegoat, I wear that's our :censored:ing club motto or something. What have been his other mistakes this year? Bearing in mind we've played 20 games in all competitions, you should have quite a few examples to bring to the table here..........