Mistakes

You're saying he won't learn from spilling a bouncing ball by accident? How do you learn from that?

You, like many others have picked Brill out, much like the retarded people who picked Neil 'Premiership' Eardley out a few years back, how red faced they are now. Brill won't end up in the Prem but he's a decent keeper at this level. He makes the odd mistake but he also saves our asses enough times to make up for it. Everey year there must be a scapegoat, I wear that's our :censored:ing club motto or something. What have been his other mistakes this year? Bearing in mind we've played 20 games in all competitions, you should have quite a few examples to bring to the table here..........

+1

And we don't want last seasons Brill back. so get off his case.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistakes happen all over the pitch and sometimes when a defender makes one it leads to a goal.

Brill makes quite a few over the season , above average and nearly every mistakes ends up a goal.

The other players and manager will learn from tonight but Brill wont. he will make the same mistake again in another few games with the same result.

The one tonight was at a crucial time. Exeter were getting on top but at the end of the day it was a gift goal that propelled them onto the next level to score 2 more.

A goal that should never have come about.

The team just cannot rely on Brill , he is to prone to making expensive mistakes and needs replacing.

The most inappropriate name for a footballer i have ever heard !!!!!!!

Keep digging. Keep Digging. Entrenched. Single Minded.

You really are daft enough to keep this going are you?

Up to that point all Exeter had to show for their efforts was Nil.

That's usually the case before the first goal is scored :rolleyes:

Bad substitutions, lack of leadership on the pitch, and a pisspoor second half performance from Stephens doesn't make a difference then? Nah! Let's blame Brill for everything again...... :huh:

One mistake does though -

Up to that point all Exeter had to show for their efforts was Nil.

The first shot that brill had to deal with he couldn't save and it changed all that.

Yes their were other reasons that contributed ie Winchester being routed and that could have been avoided but facts are that without that Brill clanger we would have probably won 3-0 or 3-1 at worst.The goal was a gift just when we were wobbling and he is so unreliable he needs replacing.

That is not a fact, that is an opinion.

The fact is that the goal changed the dynamic of the game, but it did not cost us the game.

Funny how the slagging off of Brill has been fairly quiet whilst we have been winning.

Because he has had little to do when winning and consequently no errors.

When we are under pressure Brill is totally unreliable and it is at those times you need your goalie to be strong !!!!

what was with all the water on the pitch anyway?

<adopts 70s haircut and flairs>

Well the sun heats the seas which causes the water to evaporate and float upwards as steam. When this steam hits the higher atmosphere it cools down and condenses into what we call clouds which float high above us. When these clouds reach a certain density or atmosphere pressure acts on them the condensed water droplets fall to earth as rain.

<removes OU gear>

Or they watered the pitch before the game.

Sorry but how many mistakes has Brill made this season exactly? Are you sure you're not (like so many misguided/moronic others) holding onto the bad patch he had when he first arrived here? He's spilt one shot, shut the :censored: about it and realise he's a part of a defence that have done very well this year (and last for that matter). The only problem Brill really has is on set pieces, apart from that, he's good at one on ones, he's a decent shot stopper, he's saved his fair share of penalties and he communicates well with the back four. All that aside, yeah he's :censored:ing :censored:......

exactly. 100% right

Sorry but how many mistakes has Brill made this season exactly? Are you sure you're not (like so many misguided/moronic others) holding onto the bad patch he had when he first arrived here? He's spilt one shot, shut the :censored: about it and realise he's a part of a defence that have done very well this year (and last for that matter). The only problem Brill really has is on set pieces, apart from that, he's good at one on ones, he's a decent shot stopper[/b], he's saved his fair share of penalties and he communicates well with the back four. All that aside, yeah he's :censored:ing :censored:......

exactly. 100% right

Wasn't last night !!!!!!!!!!

Mistakes happen all over the pitch and sometimes when a defender makes one it leads to a goal.

Brill makes quite a few over the season , above average and nearly every mistakes ends up a goal.

The other players and manager will learn from tonight but Brill wont. he will make the same mistake again in another few games with the same result.

The one tonight was at a crucial time. Exeter were getting on top but at the end of the day it was a gift goal that propelled them onto the next level to score 2 more.

A goal that should never have come about.

The team just cannot rely on Brill , he is to prone to making expensive mistakes and needs replacing.

The most inappropriate name for a footballer i have ever heard !!!!!!!

Oh dear. Seems like another one of our fans who forgets what level of football we're playing. Brill is prone to the odd mistake, maybe more than 'average' but he's saved our backside plenty of times too. He may make more than 'average' amounts of mistakes and misjudgements but that's why he's a league one goalkeeper! If his anticipation and judgement was better, he'd make better decisions, therefore less mistakes, therefore looking like a better goalkeeper.

There's an awful lot more to making a save than just holding a ball or getting in the way of it. Making the correct decision, positioning, timing your jump, and much more come into play. This is where Brill is weak, his mental game. Do you really think he'd be a professional goalkeeper if he was so bad at the basics?

A footballers mental ability will improve with experience. Dean's only 24 I think, that's still young for a keeper. You'll probably throw back the fact he's played in quite a few matches which he has, but players will keep learning throughout their career even up until the day they retire. That's what life's like. You live, you learn. And I dare say you'll try your 'Brill won't learn' line again, but in my opinion he's learnt quite a lot from last season, mainly his communication has improved.

As for most of his mistakes leading to a goal, wonder why? Oh I see, because he's the goalkeeper, the last line of defence. If a midfielder makes a mistake, he's got the defence and goalkeeper behind him, if a defender makes a mistake, he's got the goalkeeper behind him, if a goalkeeper makes a mistake, what's behind him? The goal. That's why so many mistakes made by goalkeepers end up in goals being scored, because there is no one else to cover for those mistakes!

As for you mentioning Brill not being able to cope with pressure, I wonder why? Each game he plays at home he knows one wrong decision or dropped catch will have a couple of hundred people hurling abuse at him, as that's what so many of our fans are like. I'm just as disappointed about last night as anyone, but stop whinging and moaning about one man in particular. You either succeed as a team, or fail as a team, in this sport. We clearly succeeded as a team first half, and failed as a team in the second.

So get off his back and start being positive. He's not the best goalkeeper in the world, or this league. But I'm sure Dickov and Brill himself both know that, and I'm also sure Brill himself is just as disappointed about making mistakes as we are. But it happens, and he's saved our skin a fair few times too.

He's wearing our shirt, get behind him! When I'm at games and I see him fumble a cross and then reclaim it, I'll whisper 'Bloody hell Brill' or something along those lines, but I've never gone on with the 'f**king hell brill, hold onto it you w**ker' route. That doesn't help players. SUPPORTING them, whether they're playing well or badly, does help them.

P.S Sorry for the block of text people, I'm just a little tired of people blaming particular players for disappoint team displays.

Oh dear. Seems like another one of our fans who forgets what level of football we're playing. Brill is prone to the odd mistake, maybe more than 'average' but he's saved our backside plenty of times too. He may make more than 'average' amounts of mistakes and misjudgements but that's why he's a league one goalkeeper! If his anticipation and judgement was better, he'd make better decisions, therefore less mistakes, therefore looking like a better goalkeeper.

There's an awful lot more to making a save than just holding a ball or getting in the way of it. Making the correct decision, positioning, timing your jump, and much more come into play. This is where Brill is weak, his mental game. Do you really think he'd be a professional goalkeeper if he was so bad at the basics?

A footballers mental ability will improve with experience. Dean's only 24 I think, that's still young for a keeper. You'll probably throw back the fact he's played in quite a few matches which he has, but players will keep learning throughout their career even up until the day they retire. That's what life's like. You live, you learn. And I dare say you'll try your 'Brill won't learn' line again, but in my opinion he's learnt quite a lot from last season, mainly his communication has improved.

As for most of his mistakes leading to a goal, wonder why? Oh I see, because he's the goalkeeper, the last line of defence. If a midfielder makes a mistake, he's got the defence and goalkeeper behind him, if a defender makes a mistake, he's got the goalkeeper behind him, if a goalkeeper makes a mistake, what's behind him? The goal. That's why so many mistakes made by goalkeepers end up in goals being scored, because there is no one else to cover for those mistakes!

As for you mentioning Brill not being able to cope with pressure, I wonder why? Each game he plays at home he knows one wrong decision or dropped catch will have a couple of hundred people hurling abuse at him, as that's what so many of our fans are like. I'm just as disappointed about last night as anyone, but stop whinging and moaning about one man in particular. You either succeed as a team, or fail as a team, in this sport. We clearly succeeded as a team first half, and failed as a team in the second.

So get off his back and start being positive. He's not the best goalkeeper in the world, or this league. But I'm sure Dickov and Brill himself both know that, and I'm also sure Brill himself is just as disappointed about making mistakes as we are. But it happens, and he's saved our skin a fair few times too.

He's wearing our shirt, get behind him! When I'm at games and I see him fumble a cross and then reclaim it, I'll whisper 'Bloody hell Brill' or something along those lines, but I've never gone on with the 'f**king hell brill, hold onto it you w**ker' route. That doesn't help players. SUPPORTING them, whether they're playing well or badly, does help them.

P.S Sorry for the block of text people, I'm just a little tired of people blaming particular players for disappoint team displays.

No, you're wrong.

I was definitely told at Accy (by some old bloke who should know better) that booing and berating the player (s) on the pitch doesn't do any harm.

Now that goes against everything I learned in 6 years at uni..... but that was me told.....

(At that point, I was actually fuming so much my voice became an incredulous squeak that only dogs could hear.....)

<adopts 70s haircut and flairs>

Well the sun heats the seas which causes the water to evaporate and float upwards as steam. When this steam hits the higher atmosphere it cools down and condenses into what we call clouds which float high above us. When these clouds reach a certain density or atmosphere pressure acts on them the condensed water droplets fall to earth as rain.

<removes OU gear>

Or they watered the pitch before the game.

cheers nobhead :grin:

I meant it hasn't rained that much, so why water the pitch so everyones slipping about?

No, you're wrong.

I was definitely told at Accy (by some old bloke who should know better) that booing and berating the player (s) on the pitch doesn't do any harm.

Now that goes against everything I learned in 6 years at uni..... but that was me told.....

(At that point, I was actually fuming so much my voice became an incredulous squeak that only dogs could hear.....)

Ah, well I'll consider myself told too then :P

Unless I'm mistaken that spill last night was his Dean's first mistake of the season which cost us points. Everyone seems pretty quick to forget that he saved a penalty as well.

Get off his back - if he makes mistakes consistently I'll be shouting for his head but he's been ok so far this season.

Edited by bossrocks

Still waiting on all my examples, dodge it if you want or just concede your wrong, it's getting embarrassing.

Dodge what -

Like he dodges the ball !!!

Shall we start with Bournemouth goal -

No lets not carry on be here all night

I DONT LIKE BRILL

THINK HE'S CR*P AND WONT BE HAPPY UNTIL HE IS REPLACED