World Cup 2018

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, there are already reports of potential shortages in Qatar, including camels for transport.

England have said they'll take their own donkeys.

And locals are looking forward to the 2022 World Cup legacy, expecially some cracking new stadiums for stoning women in.

Does anyone know the official reason why FIFA decide to vote on the 2022 location 4 yrs early?

Was it so that some of the present FIFA top brass could double up on there income from bribery, before they get found out and have to resign?

HAHAHAHAHA! Resign.

They've already been caught with their hands in the till and told to not do it again.

I get the feeling the votes being sold are going for staggering amounts, resulting in countries paying in the region of a billion pounds for these, all pocketed by self-interested miscreants.

How much have we bribed Warner with over the last few years, must be over £50M by now. Not enough for his vote. God knows what we gave to the African chap.

Why they did two at once I don't know. Maybe they fear for the oil economy and want it in their hands now?

NB. The media may be a nice excuse so that you don't notice these people living in mansions made of gold.

or they may have wanted to put the uppity British media in their place to prevent them from further trying to oust them from their mansions of gold?

while Panorama may or may not have made THE difference, it certainly didn't help.

i could understand such grandstanding "journalism" from privately owned, profit making TV stations like Sky or ITV but why, oh why were our state broadcasting corporation so intent on potentially damaging our World Cup bid and to what end?

in hindsight, assuming we wouldn't have got the WC anyway which I don't think we would, wouldn't the viewing figures be even higher if they were showing it tonight after what happened yesterday?

the BBC are no less corrupt than Blatter, Warner and his mates in my eyes. Then again, we already knew that.

at least Blatter et al make a few quid out of it as opposed to these self righteous idiots

Edited by HarryBosch

or they may have wanted to put the uppity British media in their place to prevent them from further trying to oust them from their mansions of gold?

while Panorama may or may not have made THE difference, it certainly didn't help.

i could understand such grandstanding "journalism" from privately owned, profit making TV stations like Sky or ITV but why, oh why were our state broadcasting corporation so intent on potentially damaging our World Cup bid and to what end?

in hindsight, assuming we wouldn't have got the WC anyway which I don't think we would, wouldn't the viewing figures be even higher if they were showing it tonight after what happened yesterday?

the BBC are no less corrupt than Blatter, Warner and his mates in my eyes. Then again, we already knew that.

at least Blatter et al make a few quid out of it as opposed to these self righteous idiots

Yeah, that's why (at least) one of the ones we'd pocketed was on the show (or in the papers).

I agree that the BBC should be disbanded and the license fee removed, but it had nothing whatsoever to do with the lost bid. Because of millions upon millions upon millions of reasons.

I also struggle with the BBC's motives on this one. Either the BBC are completely stupid else were keen on giving the new 'coalition' a bloody nose. If the BBC really wanted to bring the FIFA 'mafia' to account then why make a preemptive strike that could only be potentially damaging. Surely the best strategy in this instance was to allow the enemy to commit first and then attack. The timing of the Panorama programme was at best 'bizarre' which leads me to believe that the BBC were guilty of their own politiking. Any way it is now obvious that we were never going to get the WC and Blatter was keen on making us look as stupid as possible - he beat us hands down.

I still believe we should stuff UEFA, FIFA and our :censored:e media for a while and focus on what can be controlled i.e. the state of the game in this country. I assure you that attendances will drop over the next 10 years as people become more disilusioned, famillies move away and hooligans move in - it's the cycle of life.

The acting chairman of the FA has now withdrawn his application to take the job permanently, stating that a large part of the role is liaising with FIFA and he can no longer trust them.

So we have an FA with no chairman and nobody to fill the role.

It was said months ago that the decision not to announce a new chairman until after the bid was ridiculous.

• 11 years later...