World Cup 2018

Let's face it, England and the USA are seen by the rest of the world as too big for their boots (both football and others), and they will grasp with both hands any opportunity to stuff us.

bang on the money DS :wink:

joe_lead...as if.... :unsure:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• February: Qatari Fifa executive Mohamed Bin Hammam says he'll block Sepp Blatter's bid for a fourth term in the 2011 elections: "The time has come. Fifa needs an Asian president."

• May: Sepp publicly backs Qatar's 2022 World Cup bid. "I strongly feel the World Cup should come to Qatar!"

• August: Bin Hammam says Sepp deserves a fourth term. "Let me be very clear. I will be backing Sepp Blatter to remain in office. He is my very good friend!"' (Sepp says claims of a deal are malicious. "I have most certainly not made any sort of deal with Qatar. How could I? As president of Fifa I would never misuse my office!")

If they genuinely want to take the game to new audiences why go to a country of 1.5 million people in the middle of a desert where the temperature hits 50 degrees in the summer months, rather than give it to a nation that embraces all kinds of sport, has a great infrastructure and ready build stadia and has never held the tournament before. Fifa and Sepp Blatter can stick their international football up their arse, corrupt bastards. Australia would have been perfect for that WC.

Something I was thinking about today...

While many on here are angry at the way football has gone and the part our national player have played a part in this. The destruction of our "national" game to the benefit of the "club" game doesn't necessary go well for clubs like us. A national prospective in the mindset of the population opens up peoples mind to wider issues facing the game. As soon as the people concentrate more on what's good Manchester United over "England" then that hurts clubs like us I feel.

Club for country isn't necessarily good for Oldham Athletic I don't think... For many reasons...

I suppose what I am saying, careful what some of you wish for....

Edited by oafc0000

I think its the one that justifies anyone who wants to feel angry about the 2018 decision not being quite right while not having much evidence. I mean Australia got ONE vote... Shocking...

The Australia one vote is mainly due to kick off times you would think. You aren't going to see off all your global viewing figures and a shed load of sponsorship money for that.

The USA in 2014 should be good, as I can coincide it with baseball.

If they genuinely want to take the game to new audiences why go to a country of 1.5 million people in the middle of a desert where the temperature hits 50 degrees in the summer months, rather than give it to a nation that embraces all kinds of sport, has a great infrastructure and ready build stadia and has never held the tournament before. Fifa and Sepp Blatter can stick their international football up their arse, corrupt bastards. Australia would have been perfect for that WC.

are you sure?? games starting in the early hours for most of the footballing nations TV audiences???

The media had absolutely nothing to do with it.

The only thing they may have had to do with (in removing two recipients) was forcing Russia and Qatar to bribe another official or two.

What's another couple of hundred million when you've spunked a billion on it already?

NB. The media may be a nice excuse so that you don't notice these people living in mansions made of gold.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

"Surprisingly it is also reported that the second member to vote in favour of England was African football president Issa Hayatou, the subject of one of the probes into irregularities."

What a master stroke! This proves FIFA's voting system is beyond reproach. :wink:

Its official now.... The British media was the reason we only got one vote...

I'm not completely convinced the fact the FIFA board member for Japan has told the BBC that was the reason makes it "official".

What I am convinced of is that anyone who blames the British media and makes them out to be the bad guys in this is just as corrupt as FIFA and deserves to be deported to a country with no freedom of the press.

Like maybe Russia. Or Qatar... :unsure:

I'm not completely convinced the fact the FIFA board member for Japan has told the BBC that was the reason makes it "official".

What I am convinced of is that anyone who blames the British media and makes them out to be the bad guys in this is just as corrupt as FIFA and deserves to be deported to a country with no freedom of the press.

Like maybe Russia. Or Qatar... :unsure:

Yeah official is strong BUT I don't think anyone can deny it had something of an impact on the way the votes went. Specially Warners vote..