Failsworth Land Status Ruling

This is a holding email which explains the procedure involved with swapping a plot of land that is held in Charitable trust to another plot of land, it doesn’t give any particular details about the actual case and so there would be no issue with them sending this out.

Interpreting it, the decision on the land swap is down the council not the charity commission. The charity commissions job is to ensure that the council have followed the correct process for making the decision. Therefore, as long as the council have made a “fully informed decision”, the land swap should go ahead. Obviously as there are conflicting interest though, there could be the potential that they do not consider the decision to be so.

As for them acting slow/not doing there job. I would be interested to know in how people would qualify that????

I think that I have said before that currently the Comprehensive Spending Review is having a massive impact on Agencies and Central Gov Departments as their senior staff are all trying to make 25%- 33% cuts and still maintain outputs. There will be delays because of this.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that I have said before that currently the Comprehensive Spending Review is having a massive impact on Agencies and Central Gov Departments as their senior staff are all trying to make 25%- 33% cuts and still maintain outputs. There will be delays because of this.

Exactly, I would also say that the main cause of delay for these sorts of things normally tend to be because the person dealing with has probably got a very large in tray with lots of other cases to do first.

I don't think the Football League (with the exception of MK Franchise) don't let clubs play outside of their metropolitan/council area.

I was at one of the meetings at Chadderton school with some of the directors taking questions, and this was one of the responses, as to why couldn't we build a ground on available land in Tameside or Rochdale, of which there seems to be more available of the size we're looking for. Can't remember the exact size now, but it was either 30 acres or 30,000 square metres.

But failsworth is though under the Oldham council borough etc for example failsworth school is classified as Oldham school .

I don't think the Football League (with the exception of MK Franchise) don't let clubs play outside of their metropolitan/council area.

I was at one of the meetings at Chadderton school with some of the directors taking questions, and this was one of the responses, as to why couldn't we build a ground on available land in Tameside or Rochdale, of which there seems to be more available of the size we're looking for. Can't remember the exact size now, but it was either 30 acres or 30,000 square metres.

they said we would be able to move to tameside as tameside doesn't have a professional football club. However, we would not be able to move to land that comes under the duristiction of Rochdale MBC, like Kingsway Business Park

Latics moving from Coldhurst, Oldham to the adjoining Borough of Tameside would be like ManUre moving from Newton Heath, Manchester to the adjoining Borough of Stretford (now part of Trafford). :peepwall:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The thing is, Tameside isn't a place. It's a metropolitan borough consisting of towns such as, Ashton, Stalybridge, Mossley, Droylsden, all of which have their own football team playing, at most, five divisions below Latics. How arrogant would we be to move our club into one of those towns? Thankfully, a move to Tameside is not on the cards.

they said we would be able to move to tameside as tameside doesn't have a professional football club. However, we would not be able to move to land that comes under the duristiction of Rochdale MBC, like Kingsway Business Park

is Stalybridge not in tameside anymore?

What do you think I'm "trying" to do with the analogy that makes you question my sanity? :unsure:

I would have to question the sanity of anyone who thinks the Latics move to Newton Heath, sorry Moston, sorry Failsworth, is remotely comparable to Man U moving to Stretford/Trafford.

I would have to question the sanity of anyone who thinks the Latics move to Newton Heath, sorry Moston, sorry Failsworth, is remotely comparable to Man U moving to Stretford/Trafford.

I referred to the part of the Borough known as Coldhurst, and I was talking about going outside the Borough, not to the part of the Borough known as Failsworth. I used a comparison approved by the football authorities, in reply to the post by stevesidq about Tameside.

what about Rovrum? They play in Sheffield, in fact they play closer to Bramhall Lane than Wednesday do

I think their case is supposed to be very temporary.

Didn't they say that if they haven't moved by the end of next season they get thrown out of the league?

Edited by OldhamSheridan